Back to Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects by McMaster University

This course gives you easy access to the invaluable learning techniques used by experts in art, music, literature, math, science, sports, and many other disciplines. We’ll learn about the how the brain uses two very different learning modes and how it encapsulates (“chunks”) information. We’ll also cover illusions of learning, memory techniques, dealing with procrastination, and best practices shown by research to be most effective in helping you master tough subjects. Using these approaches, no matter what your skill levels in topics you would like to master, you can change your thinking and change your life. If you’re already an expert, this peep under the mental hood will give you ideas for: turbocharging successful learning, including counter-intuitive test-taking tips and insights that will help you make the best use of your time on homework and problem sets. If you’re struggling, you’ll see a structured treasure trove of practical techniques that walk you through what you need to do to get on track. If you’ve ever wanted to become better at anything, this course will help serve as your guide. This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or prior to, its companion course, Mindshift. (Learning How to Learn is more learning focused, and Mindshift is more career focused.) To join the fully translated Portuguese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprender To join the fully translated Spanish version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/aprendiendo-a-aprender To join the fully translated Chinese version of the course, visit: https://www.coursera.org/learn/ruhe-xuexi...

EA

Apr 29, 2017

This was a great course! I learned a number of different techniques and strategies for learning more effectively that I can't wait to implement in my studies. I highly recommend Learning How to Learn.

MI

Oct 03, 2015

This is an amazing class. It makes my professional life easy as well as my personal life. Everybody should take this class, and also the teachers are brilliant about all subjects that we see in class.

201 - 225 of 12,950 Reviews for Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects

By Deborah N

Jan 03, 2019

Exceptionally good

All teachers and high school students should take it as baseline training to enhance innovation and good use of acquired knowledge

By Кондратенко Р В

Jan 03, 2019

very useful knowledge

By Savy

Jan 30, 2019

A very complete course to understand and grab the different tools and techniques to improve learning skills. Even if I knew some of the stuff, it's always good to freshen the memory and understand why something works or not. Thank you very much for this materials that everyone should learn!

By Thomas v H

Jan 29, 2019

This is a basic skill for life. Everyone should learn this! How to learn any other skill and avoid procrastination.... Amazing!

By Anupama M P

Jan 30, 2019

Loved this course! Very helpful for people (like me) who want to stop procrastinating! Shows you how to change your thinking that has a positive impact on how to use your time efficiently. Would recommend 100%!

By Maxim P

Jan 29, 2019

This course is short and simple yet extremely powerful! It is definitely worth your time.

By Andrew W

Jan 29, 2019

Great course and, as a teacher, has given me scientific basis for the teaching methods we use in class.

Jan 30, 2019

This is very useful course, with plenty good advices. I hope I'll follow all of them and it helps me in my learning routine:)

By N V L

Excellent course

By Anita K

Jan 30, 2019

Thank you so much Barbara and Terry!!! I enjoyed taking this class and I look forward to apply these techniques to my learning and future adventures.

By Dzakanovsky D

Jan 30, 2019

В школах надо внедрить этот курс для всех.

By zhang j

非常棒的课程,对于学习和思考,从实践、心理学和生物学等多个角度给予了讲解,有扎实的理论基础。让人信服,受益匪浅。

By Okie

changed my life

By Beatriz C

great course

By Mahesh Y

Feb 01, 2019

It is a wonderful course.

By Lorena P d l T

Feb 01, 2019

Lovely explained. Keeps you motivated and focused.

By Paulo R P F

Jan 30, 2019

Oustanding course that will provide a fantastic set of tools to improve your learning skills in a effective and fun way through a very interesting journey into neuroscience. I'd highly reccomend the course whether your are at high school or Phd student. It can be used for parents wiling to help their kids as well. It's a course based on what is the most modern research in neuroscience and learning process.

By Hafthor R

Jan 31, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. It has practical information and methods that you can start applying to your study routine after every lesson.

I have already recommended it to some of my classmates.

By Marguerite C

Feb 01, 2019

This MOOC was life changing, thank you so much!

By Treya

very helpful!

By James R

Feb 01, 2019

This course is full of important and useful information to aid with learning, I have taken away a tonne of practical lessons from this course that are applicable in many aspects of life, not just learning. The instructors are knowledgeable and make the course enjoyable, thanks a lot guys : )

By Elizabeth L C

Jan 31, 2019

Great introduction to current understanding of effective and efficient learning techniques ie. recall, interleaving, spaced repetition, pomodoro etc.. New neurons forming throughout life in the hippocampus (memory) and recess/exercise is the best enforcer of these new memories/learning....as is sleep!!

By Laureline R

Jan 31, 2019

Loved the way the lessons were built, so many good practical tips that I'll be able use not only to learn something new, but also professionally when working on projects and continuous improvement activities.

By Youcef B

Jan 30, 2019

J'ai appris beaucoup de choses, il ne reste plus qu'a mettre en application

By Jimmy Z

Jan 31, 2019

Helped me a lot! Every points of this course is super useful for me.