Back to Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra by Imperial College London

In this course on Linear Algebra we look at what linear algebra is and how it relates to vectors and matrices. Then we look through what vectors and matrices are and how to work with them, including the knotty problem of eigenvalues and eigenvectors, and how to use these to solve problems. Finally we look at how to use these to do fun things with datasets - like how to rotate images of faces and how to extract eigenvectors to look at how the Pagerank algorithm works. Since we're aiming at data-driven applications, we'll be implementing some of these ideas in code, not just on pencil and paper. Towards the end of the course, you'll write code blocks and encounter Jupyter notebooks in Python, but don't worry, these will be quite short, focussed on the concepts, and will guide you through if you’ve not coded before. At the end of this course you will have an intuitive understanding of vectors and matrices that will help you bridge the gap into linear algebra problems, and how to apply these concepts to machine learning....

HE
Aug 8, 2021

the instrutors were too good and their explination for the concepts was to the point and it made me realize things in linear algebra I didn't know before although I studied it in school of engineering

EC
Sep 9, 2019

Excellent review of Linear Algebra even for those who have taken it at school. Handwriting of the first instructor wasn't always legible, but wasn't too bad. Second instructor's handwriting is better.

526 - 550 of 2,040 Reviews for Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra

By Srimat M

Aug 17, 2019

awesome learning experience, great visualization of number and its just number which can mean a lot!!! must take course... thank you team!

By Pratyush

Jan 21, 2019

The course is a great one for someone who has been through high school mathematics. On hand questions are practiced using machine learning

By 郭宇

Jan 9, 2019

Einstein Notation is very useful, and I hadn't heard of it before the class. With this tool, I can easily derive formulas in MATRIX form.

By Niraj P B

Sep 7, 2020

it was really a great course and a great pleasure for me getting chance to learn about Mathematics for machine learning : Linear algebra.

By Sungbae C

Sep 28, 2019

Extremely useful, but I would not recommend to take it without ANY prior knowledge of linear algebra, as the course's pace is quite fast.

By Amy G

Jul 23, 2019

A great conceptual introduction to linear algebra without excessive number-crunching (after all, a computer can do the math for you now).

By Tahina F W R

Jul 30, 2018

I appreciated how teachers at Imperial London College showed practical aspects of linear algebra. I think it was a well condensed course.

By Horacio A C

Jul 24, 2020

Great courses. Teachers maje things really simple. I've took other álgebra courses but this one use clearer and deeper at the same time.

By Bilal

Nov 6, 2019

A magnificent overture to ML and an excellent LA refresher. Excellent instructors. Some of the assignments were a bit hard but worth it.

By Sergii T

Oct 8, 2018

This is a good Course with nice lecturers. Thank you very much! Recommended to everyone who is interested in the Topic of Linear Algebra

By Shufei W

Apr 9, 2018

Very good presentations and I like the way you constructed the material, not just solving the equations. Thank you very much. Shufei

By Hussain W A

Dec 27, 2020

Please I would like you to include the course on probability from Imperial College London as this is the main part of Machine Learning

By 黄悉偈

Mar 18, 2020

A great course for ML. It is easy to understand and the coding work is useful. However, I expect more content covering more knowledge.

By Vibhutesh K S

May 16, 2019

It was quite intersting. Have studied these vector operations previously but havn't paid much emphasis on the geometric point of view.

By Evi G

Apr 1, 2021

Thank you Imperial College London for this great course! I found it very insightful with the perfect balance of pace of and content.

By Pratama A A

Jun 25, 2020

Whoa there's a lot things i learned ,especially The Eigen vector , and the lecturer is great enough explained the materials ,THANKS!!

By Alex C

Sep 2, 2019

Very good explanation!

I have READ linear algebra for not less than 5 times, this course explained the concepts so well and I LEARNED!

By Marin S

Nov 29, 2020

Fantastic. Very detailed and informative. I havent met a better mathematics course. It is even better than the one in the university

By Tarun D

Sep 11, 2020

This course is designed excellently and I recommend this to every one who wants to explore the depth of Machine Learning from Basics

By Agam K

Aug 14, 2020

This course gives a lot of confidence. Also, teaching style is awesome in this course. I learnt so many unknown concepts and tricks.

By Utkarsh A B

May 2, 2020

This is a very interesting course. I completed this during lock down and am looking forward to other courses in this specialization.

By Gergo G

Mar 14, 2019

Very professional and passionate lecturers with positive vibes. Recommended course to gain mathematical intuition in linear algebra.

By Val V

Jul 28, 2021

Presented by highly articulate and passionate experts, this course was both fun and very informative. I've enjoyed every bit of it.

By Varadarajan B

Aug 14, 2020

Thanks and very informative gave good understanding and linear algebra. Can be taught with some easy examples and basics explained.

By AKSHAY K

Sep 16, 2018

It's a great foundation course for anyone who wants start their journey in Data Science.The content is relevant to ML applications.