Back to Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra by Imperial College London

In this course on Linear Algebra we look at what linear algebra is and how it relates to vectors and matrices. Then we look through what vectors and matrices are and how to work with them, including the knotty problem of eigenvalues and eigenvectors, and how to use these to solve problems. Finally we look at how to use these to do fun things with datasets - like how to rotate images of faces and how to extract eigenvectors to look at how the Pagerank algorithm works. Since we're aiming at data-driven applications, we'll be implementing some of these ideas in code, not just on pencil and paper. Towards the end of the course, you'll write code blocks and encounter Jupyter notebooks in Python, but don't worry, these will be quite short, focussed on the concepts, and will guide you through if you’ve not coded before. At the end of this course you will have an intuitive understanding of vectors and matrices that will help you bridge the gap into linear algebra problems, and how to apply these concepts to machine learning....

EC
Sep 9, 2019

Excellent review of Linear Algebra even for those who have taken it at school. Handwriting of the first instructor wasn't always legible, but wasn't too bad. Second instructor's handwriting is better.

HE
Aug 8, 2021

the instrutors were too good and their explination for the concepts was to the point and it made me realize things in linear algebra I didn't know before although I studied it in school of engineering

576 - 600 of 2,067 Reviews for Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra

By Yashwanth M

Apr 18, 2020

I literally completed this course in a week. This is so interesting. I have recommended almost 10 of my friends to take this.

By Raghuram K

Jan 29, 2020

This course has broadened my intuition and empowered me to appreciate the Linear algebra, thank you very much for this course

By LUIS F S U

Aug 21, 2019

I think it is and excellent course because it has a really intuitively way of explaining important concepts of linear algebra

By Zhuoyu C

Nov 23, 2019

From a different point of view to learn linear algebra from my undergraduate study, which is really good and more intuitive!

By Ajay S

Feb 21, 2019

A great course to learn mathematics for machine learning . Learn a lot thanks for providing me financial aid for the course.

By Zhike C

May 22, 2020

Very, refresh my knowledge and help me build the intuition about linear algebra. Linear algebra became fun and easy for me.

By Saransh G

Apr 12, 2020

One of the best courses on Linear Algebra (in a 4-5 week format) that focuses on building intuition using different lenses.

By Saras A

Dec 10, 2019

Very quick thorough covering of the fundamentals of Linear Algebra as applicable to ML.

It has some decent Python stuff too.

By Kenny G

Jul 29, 2019

Loved the course, the difficulty is a bit uneven between some lessons but overall, I am satisfied with the overall quality.

By Aditya B

Apr 24, 2018

A beautiful course to give you an insight about the geometric interpretation of ML and get an intuition of various concepts

By Dibyanshu S D

Aug 26, 2020

One of the best mathematics course in Coursera. Probably the best introductory course for mathematics in Machine Learning.

By Md S S K

Feb 3, 2019

It' like I am learning the vectors and the concepts of linear algebra with much more efficiency knowing where to use them.

By Артем С [

Feb 23, 2021

I really liked this course, especially the labs on python. It thought me many new things, but some tests were really hard

By Carlos J B A

Dec 3, 2020

An extraordinary course. In the end, you feel that you have a good basis for understanding problems that involve algebra.

By Henok T M

Sep 12, 2020

Really loved every moment of this course. The intuitive understanding you get from this course is priceless in many ways.

By Борох Д С

Feb 1, 2020

нормальный курс, базовые вещи по линейной алгербре рассказаны, объем небольшой но то что рассказывается - весьма доступно

By shesh

Jun 14, 2019

Awesomely interactive and renders decent coverage of subject.. would recommend it for every ardent learner of the subject

By Piyu

Jun 13, 2020

Superb course for revising the old concepts and learning new concepts, showing geometrical and arithimetic point of view

By Justin K

Apr 28, 2019

Great course. Good use of animations during the lectures. The notes in the python projects help if you're new to Python.

By Kasia W

May 2, 2020

A great course, really enjoyable. The concepts were explained well. Picks up in terms of difficulty level at mid point.

By Ramakrishnan.K

Apr 21, 2020

Both the professors were charming! Excellently explained concepts with PageRank discussion being the icing on the cake.

By Hause L

Aug 31, 2019

Excellent course that provides mathematical and geometric intuition behind the linear algebra used in machine learning!

By Mengchan G

Apr 28, 2019

I like the accent of the professor! The context of the lesson is develop gradually which aids my understanding of math.

By Tirthankar B

Apr 20, 2019

Excellent intro to Linear Algebra with clarity on concepts such as application of Gram Schmidt method and Eigenvectors.

By Кузьмин К Ю

Aug 30, 2018

During this course i finally got intuition for many things in Linear Algebra that seemed to me too complicated before.