Back to Linear Circuits 1: DC Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Linear Circuits 1: DC Analysis by Georgia Institute of Technology

This course explains how to analyze circuits that have direct current (DC) current or voltage sources. A DC source is one that is constant. Circuits with resistors, capacitors, and inductors are covered, both analytically and experimentally. Some practical applications in sensors are demonstrated....

MM

Apr 27, 2020

The course is very good for beginners and lab experiments related to sensors are good .Explanation of concepts with real time applications is a good asset of this course

NS

Mar 01, 2020

It's a very good and fundamental course to circuit branches. The way of delivery of course and also content is very nice and easy to understand the students.

1 - 25 of 213 Reviews for Linear Circuits 1: DC Analysis

By Великий С ( V

Oct 25, 2017

Alright, I've finished the course. And it's the first course that I've finished among all 3-4 courses that I've started.

Advantages:

This is interesting and deep enough (in my opinion) course. The lectures and their videos are great. A lot of practical videos about solving different problems allow you fix gained knowledge quickly. I didn't manage to learn this course at school neither when tried to read the book about electricity. This course changed everything - my current level on knowledge is incomparable to the previous one. Thank you very much for this course.

Disadvantages:

There are a lot of errors in quizes. You cannot feel confident when you know that your correct answer may be rejected. There were few quizes that was impossible to solve without watching further lectures (even from next week) and there was on quiz that required information that was not discussed during the course. The forum activity was very low - almost dead forum. I didn't get any answer on some of questions. No mentors were there so we students was left on our own. But the forum was useful in the way that students created threads for errors in quizes and actually it helped to determine whether I failed to solve the problem or it was just another quiz error.

Despite all disadvantages, I highly recommend this course.

By Muhammad Z

Apr 22, 2019

Too many wrong questions in the quizzes posted and in-video questions. Moreover, too complex problems were asked before being taught and no official replies to the queries in forums. Somethings are not clearly clarified. It should be free to take and submit a quiz. Why without money I cannot submit my quiz. I should only not given a certificate but should be allow to take quiz

By Diego M M

May 09, 2018

Great course, learned a lot of things that they don't teach at my school, Thanks for the opportunity.

By Nithishkumar s

Apr 28, 2020

I was bored in quarantine , so i decided to do a course here, at first it was bit tough to solve the analytical problems, it took 3 full notebook for me to solve all the problems including all practice problems, If you are studying engineering and you want solve extra problems in addition to what you learn in class lectures, this is a great place for you,although there were some grader problems in some of the quizzes ,i wasted lots of hours figuring out answer for grader mistaken problems,In conclusion it is a great course for students who love to do analytical problems, but conceptually it was only above average , not the best!

Special thanks: Dale K Garman (He is a hero in discussion forums, you can literally find him in all discussion , and he will be the one who had given you the correct answer at end, I owe you a big time sir, If it werent for you i wouldnt have solved most of the quiz answers!!!)

cheers, Have fun learning!

By Paul K

May 01, 2017

Very good material and I'm grateful they provided it. There were many issues with the problem sets: incorrect, unclear, beyond scope of course, placed in wrong order of content. I reported all of these and never got even one response, perhaps because I'm not a paying customer. I had considered paying for the certificate but the more issues I encountered the more I was relieved not to have paid. But a great course nonetheless.

By María J S G

Jun 16, 2019

A very interesting course. Thanks to all the professors.

By Ram J

Feb 18, 2019

This course is very good

By Dmitry P

Jul 23, 2017

This is shortened version of previous course with a LOT of errors. And completely lack of support on forum. I'm very disappointed.

By DANAO, D P (

Oct 07, 2019

About 30% of the problems that were correctly solved have an erroneous system.

By sanmveg s

May 16, 2020

There are many wrong questions, and no mentor is replying to the problem.

By Pavel

Jul 16, 2017

Too many errors in practice tests and quizes.

By Fabi N M

The course is poorly organized and perhaps parts of different courses were stitched together in order to create this one. Video lessons have little to do with the questions they give you for quizzes and practice quizzes. There are sample problems or exercises that are based on topics not covered in this course. The grader system is broken and there's no mentor in the forum to help you out.

If you are expert on DC analysis, by all means, take this course as a means of exercise. Otherwise, do not go for it.

By Miguel Á C R

Mar 17, 2020

Awful, a lot of answers on student problems are wrong, I submitted my coments trough coursera but never got an answer. This seems to be a problem on both quizes included in the free version as well as the paid. Shame on Georgia Tech for offering a course with that many mistakes.

By Alessandro B

Nov 25, 2019

Too much errors!

Discontinued

By Abhishek K

Jan 12, 2020

I would suggest this to any electronics/electrical student to take this course to learn and improve the skills in the topic DC Analysis. A very required and instructive course.

There were many issues with the problem sets: incorrect, unclear, placed in the wrong order of content. But the discussion forum was useful in the way that students created threads for errors in practice exercise/quizzes and actually it helped to determine whether I failed to solve the problem/quiz or it was just another quiz error.

By Akshat B

Jul 21, 2020

First things first,thanks a ton to the Institute of Georgia Technology for making me cross this river.

To get in brief, I would wish to compel some changes in the pathway of the course.

My eyes found some subtle blunders in a few number of assignments(probably the later part of the course) .It might be the case that floppy stuff was on my part, but would be great if you guys look into the matter.

Otherwise, it was a great journey overall .

PLEASE keep up the good work!!!!

REGARDS

~AN INDIAN ENTHUSIAST

By Saurab T

Jul 16, 2017

The Best Course on Electronic Circuits , Dr Bonnie Ferri is an incredible professor. She taught me more efficiently than my B.Tech Teachers. I clearly Understood the Concepts and Solving Quiz was so much fun and addicting. This course is indeed addictive. Thank You Dr Bonnie Ferri ,Dr Frazier , Dr Harris and Georgia Tech.You are the Best.

By Marcio L

Jan 05, 2018

Beautiful! Great course, very well explained at a very good pace. A big thank you to all the professors involved in this program and thank you Georgia Tech! Can't wait to start AC Analysis and Introduction to Electronics!

By anjan m

Jul 06, 2020

learning is the basis of growing up. beside learning facing problem is very much necessary. this course is design so welly that you can reach into the heart of the course so comportly. thanks GIT, thanks coursera....

By MohAmedd M

Jan 20, 2018

Great course !!

honestly the course's materials and quizzes are well prepared , and effective problems solving techniques are involved .

but in the seventh week there is Insufficient details and explanations .

By K,Viswa S

Jun 14, 2020

It is a very good course for beginners.I learnt a lot especially the basics of DC networks.Also the professors did practical demonstrations which was very beneficial for me.So overall it is a very good course.

By Mr. G M

Apr 27, 2020

By Namgiri S

Mar 01, 2020

By Madhusudan

Apr 21, 2020

Teaching is very good. Examples are very good . In basic electronics, I learned a lot specially in DC analysis. Thank you.

By Hariharan N

May 06, 2019

A very essential and informative course. I would suggest this to any 1st yr electronics or electrical student. Kudos!