Back to Linux Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Linux Fundamentals by LearnQuest

This course is the first of a series that aims to prepare you for a role working as an information technology professional. In this course, you will be introduced to the Linux operating system. You will learn about the licensing model and several Linux distributions. We will go through some services delivered in the Linux operating system. We will conclude this course by looking at how to search and analyze text using command line tools in the operating system....

QJ

Mar 9, 2022

If you're new to Linux, the fundamental training here is good. I am now able to navigate command line with greater confidence and have some knowledge in how to edit and search file and folders.

VL

Apr 5, 2022

A good introduction to the basics of Linux. You can learn more about the history of the operating system and its distros, learn the basics of command line, the basics of processing with files.

51 - 75 of 79 Reviews for Linux Fundamentals

By Aruna S N

Jun 24, 2022

good

By Samson U E

May 25, 2022

Some aspects of the instructors code was not shown on the screen. he was talking and I guess writing, but it was not shown. He could have scrolled up his screen or cleared the output before writing more code. Overall, excellent course. I learnt quite a bit and as my aim is to become a devops engineer, this helped me understand the concepts behind some of the linux commands i see devops engineers use.

By Philip L

Oct 27, 2021

o​verall a good course that keeps its promise and teaches basic background info on linux and important vocabulary, and gives you a good introduction to the command line terminal and how to handle text files and data streams

By Zhakhongir R

Jun 3, 2022

It's wonderful course for beginners in Linux Administrating and IT managers. I like more cases and actual uses commands on Terminal. Thank u for your job and interesting explanation.

By Aviral K

Jan 9, 2022

T​he course was fantastic I have learned something new. I would suggest to do other 3 courses as well to be good at linux administration and to earn LFCA certification.

By Федоров Е

Dec 20, 2021

The course was good, but I didn't like "free exercises" so much. It would be better to have specific task to use the described tools and methods.

By ekamresh v

Feb 12, 2022

Really a 3.5. I feel the videos need to explain certain concepts more as I had to learn them outside of this course.

By Maurizio G P

Jun 17, 2022

D​espite I use Linux from 2014, I found a lot of interesting things in thies course. Thank you very much.

By Andres R

Aug 3, 2022

I feel that it can improve, but overall I'm satisfied with the content I was able to learn here

By Carl S

Apr 30, 2022

good stuff. labs could be better. Spoiled by the Google certificate courses

By Ag M E

Mar 13, 2022

y'a beaucoup de professionnalisme dans la formation

By Douglas

Jun 22, 2022

very good

By YOGI S

Dec 4, 2021

Good

By 吴肖然

May 22, 2022

To my point of veiw, this course is not as good as "pthon for everybody", which is more detailed demonstrated, testbook included, interactive. I hope this course will be better.

By Rich B

Mar 13, 2022

More basic than expected, glosses over a lot, relies too heavily on man pages. Labs totally unstructured.

misses out 'why' you might be doing any of these steps.

By Brent D W

Oct 25, 2021

Not many labs considering the content. Could really benefit with sets and repetition and follow along with the instructor instead of death by powerpoint.

By Jamie V

Jan 27, 2022

Some of the commands could have been broken down so that they were more easily understood.