Back to Love as a Force for Social Justice

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Love as a Force for Social Justice by Stanford University

The objectives of this course are: -To introduce participants to different concepts of love, to empower them to be conscious of the power of love and the possibility of practicing it in everyday life, and to highlight in particular the idea of love as a force for social justice. -To communicate a sense of personal strength and empowerment by actively learning from each other and beginning to define how participants can apply their learning in service to society. This course will explore the concept of agape love (compassion/kindness) as a force for social justice and action and as the inspiration for service and the application of knowledge to positive social change. Biological, psychological, religious, and social perspectives of love will be discussed, drawing on the expertise of people from a variety of disciplines. During the six-week course, the following topics will be raised and discussed: kinds of love/defining love; non-violent communication; love and the biology of the brain; love as a basic concept of religious and ethical beliefs (e.g., Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Gandhian); love applied in action, and poetic expressions of love as a social force. This curriculum aims to foster a sense of the importance of love as a key phenomenon in creating community, connection, and functional societies among humans. Course materials will draw from a variety of sources. One of the goals of the class is to provide participants with some knowledge of the literature of love, and readings for the course are listed in the outline of the course on the pages that follow....

KL

Nov 01, 2019

I learned to find ways to look at how ordinary and mundane moments can be lived extraordinarily. This made me radically change my perspective on love and living life fully.

JG

Aug 24, 2020

Anne Firth Murray was a wonderful professor. Loved her interviews as well as the structure of her class. Great experience and I would take any of her classes. Thank you!

26 - 50 of 78 Reviews for Love as a Force for Social Justice

By Gabriela P

Aug 22, 2020

ES un curo que proporxiona bases sòlidas para abordar el trabajo en filantropìa con el corazòn abierto y un mejor entendiiento de la compasiòn y el amor por elpròjimo como las fuerzas de la filantropìa

By Zakharenkov A P

Feb 26, 2018

its close to my own philosophy

and i want to learn something what can halp me do work on it

and i find a people oppinions about it

good crossover biologocal culural and sociological course

By Franklin D S N

Feb 18, 2020

I fully believe that this course helped me to develop new skills in my daily life. it was an update on my future academic life. Since I met this platform, my life has changed.

By Jennifer G

Aug 24, 2020

By Christina R B

Oct 12, 2020

The world definitely needs two things - more love and a whole lot more social justice. I found this course really important to take at this point in time in history.

By Kiona J

Aug 11, 2020

i learned a lot on my own time and that makes what i learned feel more valuable. it was challenging but i'm glad i pushed through because it was totally worth it.

By haiyan w

Feb 18, 2019

I really love this course, and it really teaches me to see people and the world with other perspectives.

Hope more meaningful and inspiring courses coming out.

By ELISABETH N

Aug 25, 2020

I truly enjoyed this course. It challenged me, touched me deeply, and taught me so much. I am grateful to all the professors and contributors.

By Robin I

Sep 23, 2020

Wonderful course and great instructor. If everyone practiced what is taught her the world would be a wonderful place to live in general.

By Nigel K

Feb 05, 2018

I've learnt so much about life and myself through this course-- and it's not even done yet, I wish I could rate it higher than 5 stars.

By Kazi Z H

Oct 02, 2020

I have learnt a lot about love and its force. It is very interesting course. The most interesting part is peer-graded assignments.

By Ava M N

Jun 19, 2020

Everyone should study this course to have a peaceful life and to affect their society , to experience justice and equality.

By Trisha L

Jan 02, 2018

Informative and amazing it is a perfect class for life period! i wish i could have everyone take this class so perfect

By Jonathan W

Mar 01, 2018

Very much enjoyed this course. It was well done with great further reading and other resources. Glad I took it.

By DeAnna

Jan 09, 2018

Great fun and supplement to all public health, gender, women's studies, men's studies, history courses

By Toktam T

Aug 20, 2020

I loved the whole process, it was very informative, simple but deep and very well done. Thank you!

By Jacqueline P

Jun 15, 2020

Wonderful course.Deep and thoughtul.Gave me a broad perspective on Agape Love and Love in general

By Ildeblete G M J

Jan 06, 2018

I'm like a lot this course, now I'm getting more learn for me and my thoughts. Thanks for all.

By Paula B

Jan 22, 2018

One of the most well prepared and relavant courses with direct application that I have taken.

By Morgan J

Oct 05, 2020

Loved this course. I think it should be a required class as a general requisite.

By Alida C

Aug 02, 2018

A great way to productively listen and understand other's views and opinions!

By Magdalena

Sep 21, 2019

Useful in private and professional life. I am very grateful for this cours.

By Ayu

Jul 07, 2019

very good lectures, reading sources and links. The topic is fascinating

By doha a

Apr 27, 2020

so grateful .. feeling positive and more kind, Thank You !!

By Paulo R V P

Dec 07, 2017

Excellent course to develop skills to practice agape love.