Back to Machine Design Part I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Machine Design Part I by Georgia Institute of Technology

“Machine Design Part I” is the first course in an in-depth three course series of “Machine Design.” The “Machine Design” Coursera series covers fundamental mechanical design topics, such as static and fatigue failure theories, the analysis of shafts, fasteners, and gears, and the design of mechanical systems such as gearboxes. Throughout this series of courses we will examine a number of exciting design case studies, including the material selection of a total hip implant, the design and testing of the wing on the 777 aircraft, and the impact of dynamic loads on the design of an bolted pressure vessel. In this first course, you will learn robust analysis techniques to predict and validate design performance and life. We will start by reviewing critical material properties in design, such as stress, strength, and the coefficient of thermal expansion. We then transition into static failure theories such as von Mises theory, which can be utilized to prevent failure in static loading applications such as the beams in bridges. Finally, we will learn fatigue failure criteria for designs with dynamic loads, such as the input shaft in the transmission of a car....

ZZ

Feb 17, 2017

The course was a concise and effective review of major concepts. The concepts were well explained and the lessons practical. I have a better understanding of fatigue failure as a result of this class.

SG

Jun 12, 2017

Thank you so much. I liked your teaching style.You gave me a clear understanding about each and every topic covered in this course.I enjoyed the learning.Hope we will be in touch for further courses.

226 - 250 of 350 Reviews for Machine Design Part I

By Bastián C M

Jul 01, 2020

Great course!. Waiting for Part 2!

By Raphael M V

Jan 26, 2018

Excelente professora e muito bela.

By Pradeep A B

Jul 24, 2017

Great introductory course, thanks!

By akshay

Jun 05, 2020

VERY TOUGH BUT VERY INFORMATIVE

By Ya-Chuan M

May 10, 2018

Clear and useful, I enjoyed it!

By venkateshwaran

Aug 28, 2017

thanks for the lecture. awesome

By MOHD J

May 04, 2020

Thank you, Dr. Kathryn Wingate

By Suchit D

Nov 03, 2019

it was really nice and helping

By Vivek K

Jan 14, 2018

very nice and benifitng course

By Sanidhya J

Jun 05, 2020

Best course in machine design

By Pagadala B

Feb 10, 2019

Very Good Knowledge i got it

By Hafeez A

Nov 07, 2018

Great oppertunity to learn

By manhar

Jul 12, 2018

i like this course forever

By Sohan K N