Back to Machine Design Part I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Machine Design Part I by Georgia Institute of Technology

“Machine Design Part I” is the first course in an in-depth three course series of “Machine Design.” The “Machine Design” Coursera series covers fundamental mechanical design topics, such as static and fatigue failure theories, the analysis of shafts, fasteners, and gears, and the design of mechanical systems such as gearboxes. Throughout this series of courses we will examine a number of exciting design case studies, including the material selection of a total hip implant, the design and testing of the wing on the 777 aircraft, and the impact of dynamic loads on the design of an bolted pressure vessel. In this first course, you will learn robust analysis techniques to predict and validate design performance and life. We will start by reviewing critical material properties in design, such as stress, strength, and the coefficient of thermal expansion. We then transition into static failure theories such as von Mises theory, which can be utilized to prevent failure in static loading applications such as the beams in bridges. Finally, we will learn fatigue failure criteria for designs with dynamic loads, such as the input shaft in the transmission of a car....

ZZ

Feb 17, 2017

The course was a concise and effective review of major concepts. The concepts were well explained and the lessons practical. I have a better understanding of fatigue failure as a result of this class.

SG

Jun 12, 2017

Thank you so much. I liked your teaching style.You gave me a clear understanding about each and every topic covered in this course.I enjoyed the learning.Hope we will be in touch for further courses.

101 - 125 of 351 Reviews for Machine Design Part I

By AAKASH M

May 11, 2019

it was a great learning experience for me attending machine design part-1 course here on coursera.

it's a great platform to learning.

By Muhammad S K

Jan 07, 2020

This course was really great for me. I learned a lot about the basic of Machine design and looking for to contribute in part 2 & 3

By Sacha P N A R

Sep 21, 2017

Very good course material. Recommend it to every Mechanical Engineer who has several years of work experience as a refresh course.

By Nagaraj E

Apr 29, 2020

Its really, very good course. Example problems and quiz questions were comprehensive in approach. Looking for machine design 2.

By MIDHUN K

Jun 09, 2020

very nice course ...i really enjoyed it thanks to the teacher..........please bring in part 2 ...i really look forward to it

By srinivas k

Useful course for Mechanical engineering graduates. Course is very well organized in a lucid manner for easy understanding.

By Jagatheaswaran S

Apr 24, 2020

Amazing content and interative teaching methods. The explanation of the concepts and problems were very easy to understand.

By Alexander T

Jan 11, 2017

Very good course covering technics that are actually used in aerospace industry. I look forward to seeing the second part.

By Cristian D A D

Jun 30, 2020

Great course, topics are well explained and examples are simple but help you to understand the concepts. Thanks for all.

By Brian M

Mar 05, 2019

The modules were thourough, well organized, and easy to follow. The professor was very good at explaining the concepts.

By Omar A M O

Jan 19, 2019

One of the best professors I have ever had. Clear explanations, covering so much in such a short time, very effectively.

By Felix V

Mar 13, 2018

Thank You!

Very good explanation, simple, easy to understand specially about the bee on fatique lesson.

Thank you again!

By Marco I

Mar 20, 2017

nice course,

topics are presentend efficiently and stimulating excercises help putting theory in practice in a funny way!

By Harsh S

Jul 05, 2020

THE COURSE WAS EXCEPTIONAL AND WELL EXPLAINED . WISH TO PERSUE MORE COURSES FROM THIS COURSERA GROUP OF ONLINE COURSES.

By Richard Q

Apr 14, 2020

Very good course, well taught, challenging quizzes to keep you on your toes.

Would definitely be interested in a part 2.

By Mohd S K

Apr 29, 2020

Lessons are well organised. Concepts are explained in a very simple way and are backed by good examples to practice.

By Akil M

Nov 03, 2017

Well researched content. Excellent teaching methodology of the course instructor.

Overall great learning experience.

By Enoch S

Oct 29, 2018

I didn't know so much about fatigue analysis but now, I can explain it really well.Great course for machine design!

By Khondaker T H P

Aug 28, 2018

This course really help me to understand MD part-1.

many many thanks mam...

I need to know about machine design 2 mam

By Franco A

Jun 15, 2017

I appreciate very much the clarity of the explanation and the usefulness of the examples and of the exercizes.

By Janarrtanan J

Apr 19, 2018

Excellent teaching and use of examples and real-world problems/case studies.

Waiting for the other part 2 and 3

By Kavan S

Mar 23, 2017

Exceptional course material along with an outstanding teacher.. Thank you for an amazing learning experience!

By GAURAV K

Jun 17, 2017

A very good introductory course in Machine Design, interesting with lots of real life example and questions.

By Sahil D

Jun 17, 2017

A excellent course for any mechanical or production student.

Thank you so much Coursera and Prof. Wingate !!

By HARI G

Feb 18, 2017

Good course for beginner level in understanding the machine design course. Fatigue related topics was good.