Back to Machine Design Part I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Machine Design Part I by Georgia Institute of Technology

“Machine Design Part I” is the first course in an in-depth three course series of “Machine Design.” The “Machine Design” Coursera series covers fundamental mechanical design topics, such as static and fatigue failure theories, the analysis of shafts, fasteners, and gears, and the design of mechanical systems such as gearboxes. Throughout this series of courses we will examine a number of exciting design case studies, including the material selection of a total hip implant, the design and testing of the wing on the 777 aircraft, and the impact of dynamic loads on the design of an bolted pressure vessel. In this first course, you will learn robust analysis techniques to predict and validate design performance and life. We will start by reviewing critical material properties in design, such as stress, strength, and the coefficient of thermal expansion. We then transition into static failure theories such as von Mises theory, which can be utilized to prevent failure in static loading applications such as the beams in bridges. Finally, we will learn fatigue failure criteria for designs with dynamic loads, such as the input shaft in the transmission of a car....

ZZ

Feb 17, 2017

The course was a concise and effective review of major concepts. The concepts were well explained and the lessons practical. I have a better understanding of fatigue failure as a result of this class.

SG

Jun 12, 2017

Thank you so much. I liked your teaching style.You gave me a clear understanding about each and every topic covered in this course.I enjoyed the learning.Hope we will be in touch for further courses.

101 - 125 of 239 Reviews for Machine Design Part I

By Balaji K

Nov 21, 2016

An excellent course. Excited to see the follow-up courses of Machine Design (Part-II, etc)

By Jeong S H

Jul 05, 2018

Very good machine design course to summarize what we have learned in our undergraduate!

By Pedro G

Feb 23, 2018

Excellent course. I would really recommend it for all engineers. I am already doing it.

By Diego L

Oct 08, 2018

Excellent course! It helps you to understand real problems and apply your knowledge.

By Tamas S

May 15, 2017

It was fantastic, easy to understand, I am waiting for Part II. Thank you very much!

By Widmore Y

Aug 18, 2017

It is the first course.I think it is very good and easy to understand ,thanks.

By Arhab H A

Oct 22, 2018

The course is very organized. I enjoyed the material as it was very helpful.

By Aditya S

May 17, 2018

Absolutely Loved the Course . Looking forward to Machine Design Part 2 and 3

By Vinoth J A

May 08, 2019

This Course is a great Learning Resource in the field of Mechanical Design.

By Sarvesh J

May 01, 2019

I learned a lot of new things which will definitely help in me in my future

By Harshit J

Aug 08, 2019

WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE...

MY FIRST COURSE ON THIS SITE AND WAS TRULY AMAZING

By Adithya B

Jan 22, 2017

The course material was pretty good and the course was quite challenging.

By Bimlendra r

Aug 12, 2019

Teacher is really good in teaching an imparting the idea...............

By Norwin J G R

Jan 31, 2018

THIS IS AN AMAZING COURSE, THANKS FOR HELP US TO IMPROVE OUR KNOWLEDGE

By saurabh s

Jul 02, 2017

this is really a standard course. i got to learn a lot of new things.

By PRABHAT K

Feb 01, 2017

Dear teacher… you are the best because you brought out the best in us.

By Muhammad Z A

Jun 26, 2019

Excellent content and instructor explained everything in great detail

By Rafsan R K

Nov 26, 2019

This is very much understanding and complete guide of Machine Design

By Asfand Y S

Mar 05, 2019

It was a great learning experience. It should have a part 2 as well.

By Zunnurain H

Nov 07, 2017

Great content, very good explanation and presentation by Dr Wingate.

By Roshan S

Jan 21, 2017

This course is so useful, complete all basic concept and i like it!

By Christopher A N

Mar 30, 2018

It's very useful if you want to review the machine design content.

By Borys U

Oct 30, 2017

Great course, gave me a lot. Looking forward for subsequent parts.

By GAURAW K

Nov 28, 2016

Very interesting and organised. I developed love for this subject.

By Luigi V

Jul 31, 2018

Very useful course; excellent topics, explanation and professor.