Back to Structuring Machine Learning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Structuring Machine Learning Projects by DeepLearning.AI

You will learn how to build a successful machine learning project. If you aspire to be a technical leader in AI, and know how to set direction for your team's work, this course will show you how. Much of this content has never been taught elsewhere, and is drawn from my experience building and shipping many deep learning products. This course also has two "flight simulators" that let you practice decision-making as a machine learning project leader. This provides "industry experience" that you might otherwise get only after years of ML work experience. After 2 weeks, you will: - Understand how to diagnose errors in a machine learning system, and - Be able to prioritize the most promising directions for reducing error - Understand complex ML settings, such as mismatched training/test sets, and comparing to and/or surpassing human-level performance - Know how to apply end-to-end learning, transfer learning, and multi-task learning I've seen teams waste months or years through not understanding the principles taught in this course. I hope this two week course will save you months of time. This is a standalone course, and you can take this so long as you have basic machine learning knowledge. This is the third course in the Deep Learning Specialization....

JB
Jul 1, 2020

While the information from this course was awesome I would've liked some hand on projects to get the information running. Nonetheless, the two simulation task were the best (more would've been neat!).

MG
Mar 30, 2020

It is very nice to have a very experienced deep learning practitioner showing you the "magic" of making DNN works. That is usually passed from Professor to graduate student, but is available here now.

276 - 300 of 5,003 Reviews for Structuring Machine Learning Projects

By Pedro J

Aug 18, 2019

This is an excellent course and I was able to understand with clear explanation, example and practice cases on how to improve the Deep Learning workflow in order to make the right decisions on what direction the team need to take to improve the DL model. Highly recommended

By kevin E

Sep 10, 2018

I have decided to reserve 5 star ranking exclusively for Professor Andrew Ng. I did a course which was learning to learn which was quite good. A course by Prof. Andrew Ng titling "learning how to teach" would do tremendously in propelling the world of data science forward.

By Yedhu K V P

Jun 8, 2018

I loved this course. Although there wasn't any exercise other that quiz, this was pretty interesting and gave me a lot of ideas to try. I was wondering about how transfer learning would work before this, and now I know how it works! I am looking forward to the next course.

By Vincenzo M

Oct 28, 2017

This course confirms the capacity of Andrew Ng to teach complex topics in a simple way. The course is full of advices and trick to structure and to success with machine learning projects. Suggested for people that already took courses on machine learning and deep learning.

By Ioannis K

Having concluded the first three courses I have to note that in my opinion this is the most important course because it offers pure ml exprerience, something you cannot find easily. Moreover the simulators were excellent way to test your ability to apply all the concepts.

By Jacob S

Jan 20, 2020

Even after working in the field for many years, I find that I learn something new in every video. Andrew really captures well what is important from both practical and theoretical perspectives and is a master at explaining concepts in a simple, but not dumbed down manner.

By Felippe T A

Mar 25, 2020

For me, this is the best course between the first three courses of this specialization. The content here is the fruit of the experience of the professor and can not be found easily on the internet neither in books. Congratulations DeepLearning.ai for this amazing course.

By Rúben G

Oct 13, 2019

I initially underestimate the value of this course. But it turns out that it gives very good insights on how to start tackling a problem with a DL mindset. Also, I learned about Transfer Learning and Multi-Task learning which I think its an amazing plus from this course.

By Elias A

Don't let the lack of programming exercises fool you into thinking this isn't as important as the other courses in this specialisation. Professor Ng offers a summary of years of ML experience, as well as a sneak-peek of real world projects and how we should tackle them.

By Jk L

Nov 29, 2017

I want to recommend this course because from it I get knowledge that can explain some of the confusions during my experience of building ML projects. I think in all probability I will encounter much more troubles if I've not got this course. Thanks, Andrew and Coursera!

By Chia Y X S

Nov 26, 2020

Best course in the entire specialisation in my opinion. Many other courses out there teach the technical aspects of deep learning but this particular course teaches you how to think and make decisions in an actual project which can save you loads of time and resources.

By Sasirekha K

Jun 11, 2019

This course is a fantastic guideline to some very real problems that I am working on in the industry. Thank you, deeplearning.ai team, for breaking down research practices into more definable steps. I already see how I can be more efficient in solving some DL problems.

By Marcel M

Jun 1, 2018

This course is a solid continuum from the first two courses of this specialization. With the added twist of insider information from Prof Andrew Ng, a tried-and-tested practitioner of this Deep Learning art. The Machine Learning Simulation is pure genius! Ahsante Sana.

By Chuong N

Apr 8, 2018

This is the most useful and unique course among all other materials of deep learning. It addresses the problem of trouble shooting for deep learning, which is the most daunting and mysterious. In fact, the note of this class will be a guide line for my future projects.

By Amged E

Aug 28, 2020

At first, I was worried because the course doesn't have any programming assignments, but just after finishing the first quiz, I realized that this might be the greatest course I've ever taken in my life (till the moment).

The quizzes were very knowledgeable & helpful.

By Badr B

Feb 9, 2020

Professor Andrew Ng was astounding in the way he explained the concepts, also, like the famous machine learning course, all of the courses in this specializations were great in terms of quizzes and assignments that help have a complete grasp of the subject. Thank you.

By Gerald B

Feb 28, 2018

I enjoy Andrew's approach to managing AI projects. He hits on very real issues we encounter when young, enthusiastic scientists want to solve problems with ML, but get lost in the numbers and multitude of possible next steps to take top improve the quality of a model.

By Daniel F

Sep 27, 2020

Es un curso extraordinario, entrega muchos detalles que hacen ganar destrezas a la hora de entrenar nuestros modelos y el profesor Andrew Ng muestra mucho información sobre su experiencia. Creo que hace un gran trabajo y me siento afortunado de haber pddido hacerlo.

By NiuYaaa

Nov 8, 2017

This course is a little bit hard for me, because I never heard these concept before. But through this course, I got a lot of new ideas to start my own machine learning project, and use these knowledge in practice. Thanks for the nice course and I will keep learning!

By Alejandro J M R

Sep 10, 2019

Esta fase del curso es de gran importancia para saber como encarar un proyecto de deep learning con sus mejores prácticas. El proceso iterativo de desarrollo es bien explicado y te permite construir la base de cualquier tarea de deep learning que vayas a emprender.

By manideep s

Jul 21, 2018

Though we learn different machine learning models to train, we might miss the logical key practices and struggle and waste lot of time while training to achieve better results. This course teaches those important practices to efficiently implement the ML projects.

By Naima

Nov 18, 2017

Very helpful course. This course is very helpful that I got to know the things beyond the technical details of the neural network. About selecting test and dev set distribution, transfer learning, error analysis , end to end deep learning etc. Thank you Coursera...

By 苏高生

Oct 21, 2017

I have learnt algorithms theory of machine learning and how to use them into data mining. However, I’m not good at ML strategy, so I can’t build a very well model. Through this course, I know many methods to improve models which I build before. Thank you very much!

By Faizy

Jul 23, 2019

Amazing Course ... different structuring strategies involving Orthogonalization, Single number evaluation metric, Carrying out error analysis, and how Cleaning up incorrectly labelled data including Transfer Learning are Beautifully explained by Andrew Ng...KUdos

By Kunal N

Feb 17, 2018

The best part of this course was the "ML Flight Simulator" questionnaires (peacotopia, auto-driving). These real life examples and grading on that is the best thing. It helps you learn and interpret the concepts much nicer. I wish there were more of such examples.