Back to Structuring Machine Learning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Structuring Machine Learning Projects by DeepLearning.AI

You will learn how to build a successful machine learning project. If you aspire to be a technical leader in AI, and know how to set direction for your team's work, this course will show you how. Much of this content has never been taught elsewhere, and is drawn from my experience building and shipping many deep learning products. This course also has two "flight simulators" that let you practice decision-making as a machine learning project leader. This provides "industry experience" that you might otherwise get only after years of ML work experience. After 2 weeks, you will: - Understand how to diagnose errors in a machine learning system, and - Be able to prioritize the most promising directions for reducing error - Understand complex ML settings, such as mismatched training/test sets, and comparing to and/or surpassing human-level performance - Know how to apply end-to-end learning, transfer learning, and multi-task learning I've seen teams waste months or years through not understanding the principles taught in this course. I hope this two week course will save you months of time. This is a standalone course, and you can take this so long as you have basic machine learning knowledge. This is the third course in the Deep Learning Specialization....

MG
Mar 30, 2020

It is very nice to have a very experienced deep learning practitioner showing you the "magic" of making DNN works. That is usually passed from Professor to graduate student, but is available here now.

TG
Dec 1, 2020

I learned so many things in this module. I learned that how to do error analysis and different kind of the learning techniques. Thanks Professor Andrew Ng to provide such a valuable and updated stuff.

501 - 525 of 5,151 Reviews for Structuring Machine Learning Projects

By mitra_00

Jan 19, 2020

Learned about how we should manage our DL project and what to priotize first, these are something one learns after he has gone through such problem, so it was nice to learn about it beforehand from the expert

By Andrew B

Aug 7, 2018

I thought this course was very helpful in analyzing neural networks. While I did enjoy the quizzes, I wish there were more to test my knowledge on whether it is more quizzes or actual programming assignments.

By Minh P

Aug 16, 2017

Very practical, simple short course!

Very good materials that can generalise how to build a good ML model.

Very handful exercise

Nice interview from experts

This is a MUST TRY course, because it's too BEAUTIFUL!

By Marn Y T

Oct 27, 2019

As a college graduate who took ML classes in college, this course is a lot more useful in terms of developing an intuition toward iterating on ML projects. The interview with Karpathy is the cherry on top :)

By Yash B

May 2, 2020

This was truly amazing! I mean an entire course on the subtleties of gaining skills that we can actually apply in real life is really needed. I am super glad I took this course! Special Thanks to Andrew Ng!

By Marco A

Oct 4, 2018

This is a quite different class. It's less math, less formulas but there is so much to learn from the experience of Professor Ng, a whole lot of best practices to follow and tricks to learn. Great contents!

By Dawid D

Aug 9, 2018

Great and unique course! I think that such topics should be a part of any professional ML course.

Having said that, it would be appreciated if the sound volume had higher expected value and lower variance :)

By LZANE-李泽帆

Oct 22, 2017

This course gives me an overview sight of the whole process of machine learning project. Not only I know about the technical things, but also know how to structure and point out the position of the project.

By Martin J

Aug 17, 2017

A lot of good thoughts on working with models. I think just getting your hands dirty with some models would help as well. :-) Would be interesting to set up a model to do some difficult tuning exercises.

By Dushyant R T

May 14, 2020

This course gives you an experience, which otherwise you'd take tens of years to garner. The simplicity with which Andrew explains the challenges is commendable as well. Thank you for teaching this course.

By Devavrat S B

It is a really good course to build your intuitions and decision making capability for your machine learning projects, I really like the way Sir Andrew Ng relates all the concepts with real world examples.

By Santiago I C

Dec 16, 2018

Un curso que no se encuentra en ningún sitio. Necesario para estructurar proyectos (en todos sitios te enseñan a hacer modelos pero en pocos te enseñan a estructurarlo bien y a saber cómo y en qué mejorar)

By Lucas O S

Dec 12, 2017

Some glitches in the videos, but the content is great. Andrew is an awesome teacher and these are really unique tips coming from his vast experience, it is hard to find similar content elsewhere on the web

By Guilherme

Dec 5, 2017

The discussions on practical guides about designing deep learning systems, dealing with data, bias variance trade-off, and how to organize projects to optimize time usage are much needed for practitioners.

By Terrence G

Oct 12, 2017

Practical advice for new students when tackling a real-world ML project and how to approach to optimize a model's performance. The quizzes provide good examples of use-case scenarios and decisions to take.

By Juan P A C

Sep 23, 2020

I think the simulations were great. They give an excellent approach to real life enterprise scenarios where you have to take important decisions. Great compliment for the first two courses of the program.

By Harshal R P

Step by Step approach to structure Your Machine leaning project from scratch. The cherry on the cake is simulation quit provided at the end, helps quite fast to get the practical approach to the problems.

By Anurag C

Dec 5, 2019

This course is very helpful to fine tune our machine learning and our deep learning projects and probably more input to the different types of transfer learning examples could have been much more helpful

By Mustafa A

Dec 1, 2019

I love it. it was very helpful but I think if it was an assignment "programming assignment" with some issues "mismatch, incorrect labeling, .. etc " and use those techniques it would be much more helpful.

By Mohamad K

Dec 2, 2018

Its most great and important course ever, please try to listen very carefully to Prof Andrew, he tell you about each and everything you need to become master in ML. Many thanx for Prof Andrew and COURSERA

By Sudip B

Dec 4, 2020

I really enjoyed taking this course. The use cases and practical strategies to the problems were really insightful. I'm really excited to apply what I learnt from this course on my own personal projects.

By Romayssa B

Sep 10, 2020

I learned a lot of new methods to structure not only deep learning projects but also ML projects. Very interesting and gives a wide overview of how we can improve our project management in AI in general.

By Frantisek H

Sep 4, 2020

Excellent course - Andrew's teaching is what's so needed in the machine learning community. He explains concepts properly so that one truly understands them, and thus knows what to do when applying them.

By Eslam W M

Jun 7, 2020

Prepare you for the problems faced in machine learning projects, I'm now capable of analyzing projects for other people although I'm only in the path of Machine learning for 40 days.

By Muzammil

May 18, 2019

I believe Andrew Ng shared some key insights into building successful machine learning projects. I really enjoyed the course and believe the shared information to be invalueable for my further research.