Back to Structuring Machine Learning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Structuring Machine Learning Projects by deeplearning.ai

You will learn how to build a successful machine learning project. If you aspire to be a technical leader in AI, and know how to set direction for your team's work, this course will show you how. Much of this content has never been taught elsewhere, and is drawn from my experience building and shipping many deep learning products. This course also has two "flight simulators" that let you practice decision-making as a machine learning project leader. This provides "industry experience" that you might otherwise get only after years of ML work experience. After 2 weeks, you will: - Understand how to diagnose errors in a machine learning system, and - Be able to prioritize the most promising directions for reducing error - Understand complex ML settings, such as mismatched training/test sets, and comparing to and/or surpassing human-level performance - Know how to apply end-to-end learning, transfer learning, and multi-task learning I've seen teams waste months or years through not understanding the principles taught in this course. I hope this two week course will save you months of time. This is a standalone course, and you can take this so long as you have basic machine learning knowledge. This is the third course in the Deep Learning Specialization....

JB

Jul 02, 2020

While the information from this course was awesome I would've liked some hand on projects to get the information running. Nonetheless, the two simulation task were the best (more would've been neat!).

AM

Nov 23, 2017

I learned so many things in this module. I learned that how to do error analysys and different kind of the learning techniques. Thanks Professor Andrew Ng to provide such a valuable and updated stuff.

151 - 175 of 4,695 Reviews for Structuring Machine Learning Projects

By Sriram V

Oct 09, 2019

Another set of insightful patterns from Andrew' (as well as his team') experience was stitched well together. Definitely, most of the discussions were thought-provoking for someone who is late entrant in this space. Some more reading (optional) could have added to enable us to understand more common problems in Machine Learning projects.

By Utkarsh P

Mar 11, 2019

This course is extremely valuable for any Machine Learning student. It covers a lot of important concepts that need to be used even for simple ML tasks (not deep learning). This course provides a framework to iterate on your problems and I believe that will make the most difference in how fast you are able to achieve desired performance.

By Rishubh K

Mar 14, 2018

Really unique content. People do talk about this stuff but providing access to these learnings in a structured manner i amazing. I feel I could now lead my efforts in DL project much more efficiently. I felt the case studies were amazing. I wish we had more of those available to us to practice. But, nonetheless, great work. Thanks much!

By Subhasis M

Oct 12, 2017

This is an excellent overview of the points that someone taking up an ML/DL project should keep in mind. Though this is not a comprehensive guide, which is understandable given the stipulated duration online courses like this are meant for, this is a definitive guide to give someone a nice head start into structuring his ML/DL project.

By Dmitry R

Apr 15, 2020

This, in my opinion, is the most important course in the specialization! It teaches you how to plan your machine learning project, which errors and challenges can rise during implementation and how can you deal with them. Personally, I feel it helped me a lot as I currently try to plan my machine learning project as part of my thesis.

By Fasih U

May 26, 2019

I learned a lot about different strategies to chose for getting fast and much better out come from this course. Also downloaded the book mlyearning written by Dr. Andrew. So that i will have all this in my hand when i will need this strategies to review. Thank you Andre Ng for giving this much information. You are the best I love you.

By Ankit K

Mar 12, 2019

thanks for providing good insights on how to approach a machine learning application and where not to waste valuable efforts. I think Mr Ng has been very thoughtful to setup the structuring part as a dedicated course which highlights the importance of setting right goals and not to lose our direction during the development iterations.

By Kunjin C

Sep 05, 2017

Compared with the previous two courses in this special, this course is more practical and useful when we are actually trying to solve real-world problems. After taking this course, one will have a clearer mind in terms of making the most out of data from different sources as well as coming up with better solutions to certain problems.

By Cristina N

Dec 19, 2017

Absolutely LOVED this course: with the two "case study" you can really get a sense of what does it mean to set up a real ML/DL project and how to address the problems you may (and you're very likely to) face by building up or leading a ML/DL project.

If you're thinking about learning Deep Learning, this course is absolutely NECESSARY!

By Tesfagabir M

Aug 18, 2017

This is my third course in the deep learning specialization. I have learned a lot related to different strategies with machine learning projects. The concepts are easily explained with practical examples. The assignments are also very helpful for applying in real machine learning projects. Thank you professor Ng. You are the best!!!!

By Ayomi A

Mar 01, 2018

Excellent course and very interesting !!

Allows you to analyze real ML problems and supports you with the basic and essential skills needed to develop ML algorithm and evaluate its performance and how to approach the issues that one can encounter during the iterative process, what are the options, which is the best to go with, etc.

By Ayush P

Dec 03, 2017

Really good course to develop an approach to NN problems. I thank you Sir Andrew Ng for all the courses that you have made available on Coursera. It has been an really awesome experience learning about neural networks from you. I will finish the remaining courses and recommend it to people who want to pursue a career in ML and AI.

By Jingxiao Z

May 21, 2019

This is a practical course, extremely helpful for those who have met so many troubles in realworld projects. It is quite helpful for startups, where we can implement those ideas immediately. On the other hand, the transfer learning and end-to-end learning paradigms might be very useful but challeging in big companies and sectors.

By Nouroz R A

Sep 28, 2017

This is one amazing course because it exposes you to a 'real' ML/DL problem. As a newbie I learned a lot and hope that in future I will once again do it as a ML research/development Engineering Manager. This is something very practical and now while doing big projects I will consider the learning of this course. Thanks Andrew Ng.

By Mohab S A

Jul 18, 2020

Exceptional, one of a kind strategic course for ML practitioners. The amount of wisdom and knowledge shared in this concise course would definitely save any budding ML engineers from the common pitfalls that many teams may still face. It also sets the foundation stone for cultivating prospective machine learning project leaders.

By Hermes R S A

Mar 07, 2018

Consider this a course on best practices. I found fundamental advises on how to best carry a ML project from scratch, regarding the first model you should choose, how to perform on different scenarios, how to choose systematically your train/dev/test set and so on. The project simulator is a must, I wish they put more of those.

By Ahmet

Feb 24, 2019

The teaching in this course is so invaluable for interpreting the results. Now, I believe I can understand my models' accuracy based on professors teaching. The professor teaching contains unique knowledge and experience, where you can't reach via the internet, library or asking your university professors. Thank you, Prof. Ng.

By Shehryar M K K

Oct 23, 2017

I think this course was very valuable in teaching insights about how to think about and formulate ML/DL problems. The case study quizzes were really good and made you think. I hope coursera expands on these case study quizzes for future version of this course as well as introduce them into other courses of this specialization.

By Alessio G

Aug 16, 2017

This course is a summary of Andrew's experience. I've yet listened this nuts and bolts from Andrew speech(you can find it on youtube) but there are some precious advice that are so much valuable. I'll recommend this course to everyone who want to start a carer in DL. Big thanks to Andrew, the Deeplearning.ai team and Coursera.

By MBOUOPDA M F

Jul 11, 2020

This course taught me recipes about conducting a machine learning project. I'm now more confident about being a machine learning project lead. The assignments are interesting because they are case studies of real situations, where decisions need to be taken in order to iterate and converge to a better machine learning model.

By Ankit S D

Sep 09, 2019

This course really help me to understand exactly how to make decision to distribute the data sets, what to do with the new data set, how to examine the error, how to use previous model as a transfer model for other classification, what is multi-tasking and many more

Thank you for your support and sharing of your knowledge

By Arvind N

Aug 12, 2017

This course was most useful as Andrew explains practical engineering challenges and valuable tips to overcome them!

As a technology architect, I am more interested in predictable, guaranteed results and can guide my my ML engineering team to make the right choices in given real-world uncertainties and engineering challenges.

By Rahuldeb D

Jul 29, 2018

This course provides us an overview of the errors we have to encounter while solving a machine learning problem and shows us a clear direction of overcoming those. Though the contents are not mathematical but these information will help us to deal with machine learning projects in efficient way. I really liked this course.

By Wei-Chuang C

Aug 19, 2017

The course is very practical and also leads you to learn the real challenge you will encounter while working on machine learning project. While it's easy to follow as the previous courses, you need to think more strategically. I would recommend bringing an idea or a project you are planning and apply what you learned here.

By ANIKET A G

Jul 17, 2020

The course really streamlines and puts forth a structured approach to go for delivering a machine learning solution to a problem. It helps to complete my project in 2-3 months instead of a year that sometimes some of my colleagues take. They need to look at this course. Also the interview with Ruslan was very informative.