Back to Management of Fashion and Luxury Companies

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Management of Fashion and Luxury Companies by Università Bocconi

Learn how fashion and luxury companies work and understand their brands, products, retail, and communication strategies. Travel through business models, international development, and product categories with industry influent experts. Adopting a case-study approach, the course presents strategic brand management in luxury and fashion companies as a balancing act: tradition vs. innovation, expertise vs. experimentation, casual vs. stylish; in order to increase the brand value by nurturing the brand heritage and at the same time staying fresh, relevant, and contemporary in the global marketplace. Topics such as the impact of new retail channels, new media channels, and new business declinations for the brand and emerging markets will be discussed in the course....

PM
Mar 1, 2017

What a great resource for both Fashion and Business Students around the world. I am a student in London using this resource to further my knowledge and Iove it. I will continue using and supporting.

VK
Jan 30, 2020

It's a great course for those who'd like to understand the the way fashion industry is organized; what's the key factors in marketing of fashion and luxury brands; what's important in communication.

26 - 50 of 1,179 Reviews for Management of Fashion and Luxury Companies

By Hoai B T

Jul 20, 2021

I have learned a lot about fashion and luxury companies, business model, brand identity, brand communication, retail and wholesale channel and so on and so forth. Thanks to the course, Bocconi University and 2 professors, I will keep pursuing my dream in fashion and luxury industry

By ALISSON C V

Jul 6, 2021

Expandió muchísimo mas mis conocimientos acerca de la moda , recomendado 100 %.

By Mariana C

Jul 2, 2021

Me encantó, no pensé que fuera a disfrutar tanto este curso!

By Riccardo P

Jan 30, 2019

Very interesting course. Lot of information for someone wants to understand the full circle of activities in a fashion/luxury house. Thank you for all the info I learnt and i am sure i will apply most of the info into my daily routines at the office. Would love Bocconi to produce a second course dedicated to communication and retail/distribution. Hope to have the chance to deepen my knowledge with another course. Thank you. Riccardo

By Matteo B

Feb 15, 2018

very interesting course

By Olena B

Nov 20, 2015

Course is interesting, but sometimes its so hard to perceive the information with such accent :( I`m not lazy to read the subtitles, no.. but they also, from time to time work improperly and its not feasible at all to conceive the information . Plus, its absolutely inconvenient when you provide one huge assignment for several weeks at once! Why couldn`t you make it a few smaller to every week?

(( I think I`ll disenroll

By Simo G

May 24, 2021

The topics list should be reviewed. Some are interesting insights and talked from a real business standpoint, some other ones are basic and could be found anywhere online. On top, there's a big disconnection between the way how the content is presented and the final test, which requires ability and familiarity with annual financial reports. Shouldn't the course somehow tackle this part as well, rather than leaving the students in front of something they have potentially never seen before?

Besides the content, unfortunately, the English level of the teachers (one especially) made the classes difficult to follow. On one side it was sometimes truly hard to define what terms were mentioned, on the other, it made the full discussion slower and boring. I must admit that I was almost ready to drop off after the 1st-week classes. I have known Bocconi for being an excellent school, but if this is the level offered overall... I am reconsidering my opinion.

By priyanshi

Aug 22, 2020

-The study material provided is undoubtedly very good! Infact excellent!

-But the questions asked in the quizzes , are not able to measure how much learning did we actually carried, the pattern of these questions and multiple choice answers given were more concentrated on thing that a person doesn't cheats to fill them rather than learning!

- Also the questions in quizzes have very badly framed, confusing choices of answers, different people can have different interpretations for those open to interpret statments provided in M.C.Q options....!

By SARROT

Mar 1, 2021

i am very disappointed by the low quality of the examples given. more of them date back to 2014 and we are in 2021 ... the world has changed so fast. it would have been smart to update your examples. it makes me think that the courses are not updated neither .... but I spent 40€ to get a certification. does it worth ? not sure ....

By Hillary M

Feb 15, 2021

The resources alone offered during coursework is invaluable. We’re talking complete corporate breakdowns of company structure, marketing, forecasting etc. You’re not gonna find these things just doing a Google search.

As a 25 year veteran in the retail industry it’s rare to find some thing that’s so broadly covers such a vast array of topics that I didn’t previously fully understand or even knew existed. Don’t get me wrong they cover all the basics things that anyone in the industry or going into the industry should have a good grasp of but then there were interviews with some of my favorite designers and CEOs from my favorite brands.

The only thing I found difficult was, I had to keep the captions turned on so that I can understand everything because I’m from Houston Texas and a lot of the annunciation given by the instructor didn’t fully translate audibly but I was able to comprehend what she was saying through reading the dialogue. Other than The language differences I had no trouble following along with everything being taught. Some classes you feel like they are intentionally trying to talk over your head or use Termanology that’s going to make you have to go look up all the words afterwards, but not in this class. I just can’t say enough good things about the instructor, she was brilliant and I am honored to have been able to learn from her impressive experience. As for the course itself, it was fun, engaging, challenging, and immersive. And you can’t beat the cost.

By Hatem B H H

Aug 30, 2020

Hatem Ben Hadj Hassine · 33 minutes ago

Greeting All,

I had a feeling Fashion is a challenging Domaine to work in and I was up for the challenge anyway, I learned a lot from this course and most probably will keep a lot of reading materials saved for review for future learning,

I learned that you can be disruptive and follow your vision as a creative if you provide great content that must appeal to the 5 senses, that we are as creatives responsible for following a consistent narrative, one that sells and brings income as well, that you have to be flexible and be very lenient and open for mutual communication, contaminated partnership.

I have saved a few quotes I found relevant to my beliefs and values, such us YSL about timelessness and Karl about style, LV video from 2008 ''where will life take you tagline''.

the Devil is indeed in the Details.

few book materials mentioned here & websites I am currently interested to dive in :

Book: the new American luxury portfolio _ 2003 M.Silvesr

links; https://www2.deloitte.com/

I took this course as an introduction to Fashion Business Management, a Master I would like to pursue in Italy on campus, I must say that I cant wait to learn further about this exciting field.

Thank you for providing such a brilliant course. and see you soon

Best regards,

By Alex Z

May 13, 2020

Excellent informative course. I do have to say that the subtitling in English was sometimes mistaken. E.g. ASOS was subtitled as Azuz, in an interview the Italian word "credo" was subtitled as "cradle." The general information provided, especially in Module 1-4 was very well structured and easy to follow. Weeks 4 to 5 were more difficult to keep track of, but were also very well done. The tutors were clear in their communication in language. I had some difficulty with opening the pinterests links (they led to the pinterest homepage) and some of the articles were locked behing log-in walls. I think the course packs a whole lot of information in a tiny package, but provides adequate tools for us students to continue learning about the subject (mainly through authors and titles mentioned during the lectures.) I enjoyed the final assignment as it gave us actual reports to work on. In short: kudos, I enjoyed this course.

By Nicole C

Mar 25, 2020

I have always been a model for high fashion clothing designers for either students or working professionals within the fashion industry in addition to always being stopped in the street or within public places due to the type of clothing I wear, but for the first time I decided to obtain knowledge about the management of fashion and luxury companies which I thoroughly enjoyed. Naturally, I am very creative and fashion has always been a passion of mine in addition to modelling, photoshoots, photography and luxury companies. There is so much content within this course like business modelling, fashion concepts, CEO interviews and fashion branding etc. I look forward to applying this knowledge to the business world but also to my modelling and creative experience in general. Thank you, it has been a pleasurable experience indeed.

By Jekaterina K

Nov 28, 2020

I enjoyed this course a lot! During the learning, I made quite a lot of notes, which helped me understand the fashion market more clear and how logistics and merchandising works there. I am graduated from the "Fashion design with marketing and production"(bachelor degree) course and this digital course helped me to put my knowledge together. The new things explain more previous knowledge (what I learned in university before) and made it understand in a more rational and logical way. I am not sure if this course will suit people, who did fashion merchandising as their main degree in university/college, but I can admit that this course isn't a waste of time and it does help you to expand your thinking and understanding of the fashion industry and the segmented market types of it.

By Konstantinos L

Aug 11, 2016

Thought the course does not start very strong, it evolves into a very interesting place of compact knowledge for both the fashion and the luxury industry.

For a professional, like myself, who already has a master's degree in the field of luxury and works within the industry, it is a great way to get remind of the theories and the knowledge behind the management, the how and the why luxury does things in its own unique way.

It would be even better to add knowledge into more "exclusive" categories like cars or yachts. Yet, the structure of the course, the delivery, the case studies and the overall performance keep the attendee's attention. Personally, I started the course a bit hesitant, but managed to finish it within only a week because of the flow and quality of information.

By Miryam S L C

Nov 28, 2020

This course was very useful.

First, help me to understand how the brand is positioned in the minds of the consumers.

Second how the luxury and fashion companies work to create value in the consumers and awareness to convey the message of the brand or the dream that they want.

Third, this value and awareness will be the reason that the customer will pay any cost or no matters the cost of the product or service with such to get this.

Finally, is very understandable the difference between luxury(real state, cars, eyewear, beauty, garment, etc) and fashion companies. For instance, fashion companies is about the seasonality and luxury companies is about timeless, uniqueness, craftsmanship and the dreams of luxury companies that give the value of the cost of the product or services

By Maria V

May 2, 2017

Dear Coursera, Bocconi University and Stefania&Erica!

Thank you very much for this very deep into art point of view and business at the same time journey to fashion. I've learned a lot about this industry. Moreover, I've found a lot of useful things and knowledge for my current marketing job in L'Oreal. And, of course, I am even more interested to try myself in fashion industry now!

Thank you very much! And I would be very happy to enroll one more opine course from you. For example, the history of fashion designers, or stylistic identity of the main designers of las 50 years. How do you think about such a course? The Disquared2 case was perfect, I would like to learn Karl Lagerfield, Fendi, Gucci and others in the same way.

Thank you very much!

Maria

By Hugo

Oct 8, 2020

This is a really interesting course. You are going to be able to identify, understand and move around concepts, strategies and models implemented in the luxury and fashion industry. This is not about "management" in the strict sense of administration tools or strategies, but a nice introductory compendium of players, testimonies, opinions, documentation and more, that will help you to focus your management and communication skills to build, or refine, towards the luxury and fashion industry. I had this course pending for a long time, and now its impressive how much things have changed. Its a MUST for amateurs, enthusiasts and starters.

Aug 31, 2020

This was an excellent course. It covers so much, but so well explained and organized. I want to thank both of the instructors for their excellent work providing us with easy to follow and understand materials and explanations. Thanks to Coursera for making this course available for us, thank you to the University of Bocconi for sharing this course with the world, for the resources made available to us so we could immerse in the Fashion and Luxury world.

I really enjoy it, and I'm happy I signed up for it during this quarantine time we are all living in, it made my time worth it!

By Moudu J A

Mar 14, 2016

Dear,

I am very thankful to Coursera to create this wonderful Door towards achieving specialization. With this course i not only got knowledge but also a confidence.

Fashion is passion for me, i wanted to do this course from a long time but for many reasons i could not afford it, with Coursera i got my "Dream Come True".

I am, and will be always grateful to the creators of this wonderful platform.

Now my only concern is how i can get onto this boat of Fashion and Luxury Business.

Evening a small opening is enough to open the Doors in this business.

Thank you.

Regards,

Junaid Ahmed

By Silvia F

May 24, 2017

Overall a very positive feedback: content is very interesting, professors are very clear and provide not just slides but also links to inspiring articles and videos.

Constant reference to well known companies (which in some cases my need a slight update :) !) really helps you grasp the concept and apply to current environment.

The way the course is structured (2 mid + 1 final exam) and Coursera flexibility (download course content to watch it offline) make this course suitable also for full time workers often on business trips.

Highly recommended!

By Ricardo A C

Feb 18, 2020

Yo encontré este curso y lo tomé por curiosidad y gusto por el segmento de lujo.

No he tenido la oportunidad de trabajar en una empresa de lujo en México ni en ninguna parte del mundo, pero, lo que se aprende en este curso puedes tomarlo para cualquier industria en la que te desarrolles (con algunas restricciones para la industria farmaceutica farmaceutica).

A cualquiera que vea este curso, se lo recomiendo para tener idea de lo que es cunstruir un nombre, una marca y conocer sobre el posicionamiento de la misma.

Gracias por este curso.

By SunYiwen

Jul 3, 2020

I really enjoyed the course and the materials. I have learned a lot of fashion and luxury brand management such as business model, distribution channel, communication. And what is most important is that the course gave me a different perspective on fashion industry, it is not only about designers and rich customers, it is also about the people working behind the brand, the company behind it, etc. So I want to say thanks to the professors and University of Bocconi for presenting this course on coursera.

By Yaqing H

May 1, 2016

First certificate obtained! This is a rich course where we can learn theory and get to know the industry. The course provides guest speaker videos, detailed lecture notes, and other forms of interactive learning. Although the lecturers have an Italian accent, it does not hurt at all. Thank you so much! Suggestion: 1. making assignments a little bit more challenging, so students could have a deeper thought about the topics; 2. the final quiz could be an essay or branding/marketing plan.

By Mahak M

Apr 10, 2019

A very well designed course. It gives you a 360 degree, in-depth experience about managing fashion and luxury companies. For a novice like me, it was a perfect way to divulge into the world of luxury management. I learnt some very interesting concepts, trending business models and fashion terminology which will surely help me in my professional life. They have curated some chosen live-case studies, CEO interviews and additional videos which help immensely in the learning process.