Back to Making Architecture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Making Architecture by IE Business School

Making architecture offers a unique insight into the mind and work of an Architect, starting with the basics of the profession and culminating with the production of a scaled site model. The course should act as ideal preparation for those interested in undertaking an undergraduate degree in Architecture, although its flexible, intriguing and enjoyable content makes it accessible for all those looking to increase their knowledge in the field. Delivered primarily by Professors from the IE School of Architecture and design in Segovia (Spain), the course begins by examining the mind-set of an Architect - asking how they think and what they do to train their creative minds, moving on to using inspiration from the environment to stimulate design ideas. Finally, the course concludes by looking at some of the more technical aspects of Architecture - such as composition, form, space and hierarchy - and stressing the importance of creating a story that helps define your design. This fascinating content is delivered principally from the stunning design studio at the IE school of Architecture and features external videos from a few beautiful locations in the city of Segovia. Finally, it includes interviews from Pritzker Prize executive director - and Dean of the school of Architecture and design at IE - Martha Thorne, with a number of award winning practising architects such as Sarah Wigglesworth and Cristoph Ingenhoven....

SK
Sep 7, 2020

The content is really good for beginner architects, the instructors were amazing and supportive. Examples of project and their analysis is really interesting so perhaps more examples could be added

CS

Even though it is a very short course, the skills, ideas and knowledge learnt is very useful. I can already think of different ways and new ways to approach my work, designs and daily life.

101 - 125 of 304 Reviews for Making Architecture

By Enaal N A

Aug 24, 2020

I am so happy to do this experience and so exited I wish to do more training with this school and i wold to thank all Professors for their efforts

By Khushali P E

Jun 1, 2020

Course was very nice I like it thanks for Coursera. Coursera is very good platform for Learning & Gaining. Thank you so much Coursera & all hole team

By Giovanni G R M

Sep 28, 2020

Este curso me ha permitido saber mas a fondo aquello que comprende la arquitectura como pensamiento y modo artístico de llevar a nuestras vidas.

By dorsa s

Dec 6, 2020

personally I enjoyed a lot and also I've learned a lot and this course made me even more certain about my way and my passion about architecture

By Rutik C

Jun 18, 2020

This course really helps develop the skills required for basic architecture and also explains things in a very understandable way .THANK YOU .

By Franklin J D G G

Aug 19, 2020

I really like it, all the content of the course is very dynamic and explanatory, i acquired básico knowledge of the course and I recommend it

By Elena B

Jun 18, 2020

It was very educational as well as fun too! I loved this course so much! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to take part to this course!

By Odil M

Aug 24, 2020

It was a best course that can help to understant architecture to people, who doesn't have any idea about architecture. I liked this course.

By Alexis C E

May 12, 2020

I was teleported to Segovia for the videos! My desire was to start a new course there immediately. Thanks IE university for the opportunity!

By Moussa Y I

Apr 23, 2020

I always wanted to be an architect and now I am Urban designer this course helped me a lot

It was really fun and enjoyable course

By Kumushxon M

Jul 30, 2020

I wish these courses never ended! What a pity that they ended:(

I look forward to continuing and the next level with the same professors!

By Shailesh S

Aug 14, 2020

Simple and clear. I learned things that normally is ignored during designs. This course was really helpful. I only wish it was longer.

By Francesca R

May 6, 2020

Great course for beginners or even for mature architects! It's refreshing to go back to the start and remind us how big is this field!

By Anshuman T

Oct 25, 2020

I liked the way fundamentals are explained in the course. It is absolutely easy to follow as a beginner in the field of architecture.

By Siddhika s

Jun 25, 2020

good experience . i really love how faculties explain whole things. assignments are fun. I have learned so much about architecture.

By Arif B

Oct 19, 2020

Honestly this is what i needed to kick start my career in architecture. I had an amazing time with this course and I hope u do too

By Ana C V

Aug 4, 2020

Great introduction in the architecture enviroment, now I feel more confortable and prepared to start my graduation this semester.

By Razieh A

Mar 30, 2021

That's wonderful... I learned a lot of useful things and met wonderful professors. Thank you for holding this wonderful course

By Kulthum F

Sep 13, 2020

This course was very helpful because it gave me the direction that i needed. This course has increased my love for architecture

By Kamil m

Aug 10, 2020

It builds up your skill and enables you to learn quite a bit about architecture and how to think decide and build like one.

By Adeleke A J

Wonderful experience learning the making of architecture these 4 weeks. The teaching was great as well as other processes.

By Durkesh. N

Apr 28, 2020

Its very interesting subject and also very useful, the trainers who were explaining the contents, concept is very good.

By Ray M S

It's was very fun because architecture is about nature/environment, people/social and culture, economy, and technique.

By Josema 5

Nov 17, 2020

I strongly recommend this course. It helped me visualize and introduced me the work and mentality of an architect.

By Aleksandra M

Jun 28, 2020

Very good course. I learned a lot and feel like i can better study for the entry exam into architecture school now