Back to Making Architecture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Making Architecture by IE Business School

Making architecture offers a unique insight into the mind and work of an Architect, starting with the basics of the profession and culminating with the production of a scaled site model. The course should act as ideal preparation for those interested in undertaking an undergraduate degree in Architecture, although its flexible, intriguing and enjoyable content makes it accessible for all those looking to increase their knowledge in the field. Delivered primarily by Professors from the IE School of Architecture and design in Segovia (Spain), the course begins by examining the mind-set of an Architect - asking how they think and what they do to train their creative minds, moving on to using inspiration from the environment to stimulate design ideas. Finally, the course concludes by looking at some of the more technical aspects of Architecture - such as composition, form, space and hierarchy - and stressing the importance of creating a story that helps define your design. This fascinating content is delivered principally from the stunning design studio at the IE school of Architecture and features external videos from a few beautiful locations in the city of Segovia. Finally, it includes interviews from Pritzker Prize executive director - and Dean of the school of Architecture and design at IE - Martha Thorne, with a number of award winning practising architects such as Sarah Wigglesworth and Cristoph Ingenhoven....

SK

Sep 08, 2020

The content is really good for beginner architects, the instructors were amazing and supportive. Examples of project and their analysis is really interesting so perhaps more examples could be added

CS

Even though it is a very short course, the skills, ideas and knowledge learnt is very useful. I can already think of different ways and new ways to approach my work, designs and daily life.

101 - 125 of 233 Reviews for Making Architecture

By Alejandra d L

May 03, 2020

A really good course. Great instructors too. Lots of information to learn and fun creative tasks to complete.

By Daniel C B

Aug 25, 2020

It is a great course. It creates a clear idea of what is architecture. Very complete and nice. I loved it.

By warintha h

May 05, 2020

I love it! You don't really have to have a lot of knowledge, you will learn basic thinking in this lesson.

By mina r

Apr 11, 2020

thank you very much for this course. it was great for me. I learn many things about architecture and enjoy

By Arian S

Apr 25, 2020

I'm very Happy which I had a chanse to be one of student in this course. Thanks for your perfect guide .

By Hiresh M

Apr 25, 2020

Bets course and lecturers. Thanking you a lot.

I must say, "I didn't choose Architecture, It chose me"

By Ahmed K

Jul 01, 2020

Thank you , .I learned a lot from this course,This course is more important for every architect .

By Chinnakrit P

Jun 12, 2020

I am student in Civil Engineering. I think this course is very nice for start at architecture. :)

By Olga M

Jun 09, 2020

Course gives great understanding of architecture - form+function. I really enjoy it! Worth it =)

By Godhuli M

Aug 09, 2020

Great course.I have learned so much about architecture and basic knowledge about design a space.

By Ahsan R

Jun 06, 2020

Wow! this is just amazing course I have finished, very helpful for a student of architecture.

By Nadeesha W A

Jun 12, 2020

Really interesting and engaging course. This is my first step towards architectural journey,

By luisa v

Jul 01, 2020

I loved this course! It is amazing and I am sure this is going to help me in the future.

By Kartika T

Jun 14, 2020

thank you IE for teaching us to think fast and creative for makinng architecture design

By Carina M

Excellent course, which gives a good basic untroduction to the world of architectuure.

By BHOIRA A

Aug 16, 2020

It was fantastic and really helped me to develop the correct mindset for a designer..

By Hannan A M

i like this course very much and i can obtain various amazing experience! thank you!

By Carles V

May 12, 2020

A great course to understand the basics of Architecture and design. Thanks very much

By shota m

Apr 19, 2020

very nice and interesting course for basics of architecture. thanks to IE teachers.

By Ryan L J J

Aug 19, 2020

Really exciting material and activities. Well lectured by the hosts. Great job!

By Mina S

May 23, 2020

I suggest this course to every single architecture student and even professors.

By P H K

Aug 10, 2020

it was a good course and they start rom basics and it was realistic i loved it

By Not G T

Aug 12, 2020

Great, exciting course! You actually got to do things, and you learned a lot.

By Tabassum H

this course boost me to do more architectural activity more .nice experience.

By Zemfira M

Aug 25, 2020

A very inspiring and interesting course. Helps me to develop my creativity:)