Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG
Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

SH
Aug 31, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

426 - 450 of 1,984 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Line K A

Oct 1, 2020

Being new in the field, there many great insights in this course to help me determine whether it is something for me or not.

By Kelly Z

May 7, 2020

Great instruction. Learned valuable information from the course. Peer activities were a great learning experience as well.

By Erik B

Sep 19, 2017

Excellent background on HR and its history. Great Introduction, all though a bit slow at some times. In general - excellent!

By deepika a

Apr 15, 2021

This course gives you the knowledge in a easy way. Greatly taught by the professor. Looking forward to learn more from him

By Emily

Mar 23, 2020

Professor Budd does an excellent job teaching the course. I can't recommend him highly enough. I had a great time learning.

By DAVID B

Oct 28, 2020

I found this class packed with information delivered in a well-paced manner. The different perspectives were very helpful.

By Blessing S

Jul 16, 2020

This course was well detailed and explanatory, i kept notes and am sure this will help me in becoming a good HR personnel.

By Nisarga. M

Jul 1, 2020

It was an awesome experience to me... To know the how to manage an organization and employees.. As a manager I had learned

By Santosh M

May 6, 2020

Great. John sir explained everything very well. Good animation also due to that i get easy to clear chapter. Thank you sir

By Mai O

Apr 21, 2020

I liked this course very much I wasn't know any thing about human resources but now I know a lot about it and the managing

By Humma A

Apr 27, 2017

Great Stepping stone for learners wanting to enter the HR field, and also a great refresher course for any HR professional

By NTESILNT L

Feb 19, 2021

Very interesting course! It provides very useful information about human resources management and management strategies.

By Rajes S

Aug 9, 2020

What a significant experience gathered while studying this course. Learnt a lot of new terms and things to move forward.

By Norman S

Jun 23, 2019

Very informational. AS a newby in HR, this has opened new opportunities for learning. I am excited to have a follow thru

By Milda S

Nov 8, 2020

Very good courses. I am very thankful to the University and the Professor and of course to Coursera for an opportunity!

By saman a

Jun 7, 2020

Amazing! At start I was so blank about human resource but then this course help me know the basics.It was very worthful

By Ibrahim A A

Apr 17, 2020

the classes are very good and simple the exercises that we do after every week make me understand the classes very well

By Дмитрий Л

Jun 6, 2017

Good course, I would recommend for those who want to dive into HR field. Thanks to professor, it was a nice experience

By L.R. A

Sep 6, 2021

The fourth week was a bit much, but I found the course to be extremely useful as a foundation for subsequent courses.

By Shirley D

May 7, 2021

John Budd is a great teacher, and he makes sure to keep the lessons interesting. A very useful starter course for HR.

By Subhanwita M

Apr 4, 2021

This course was really very helpful for me...it gives me a knowledge that how to manage employees in an organisation.

By Reginald B

Great course even though I have been in HR for a while it provided me with some very important refreshed information.

By Abidemi I

The course opened my eyes to what we neglect as HR, thinking is not work. I really enjoyed the training on the course

By Victor O

Mar 27, 2020

Well dished out. The experience was superb. I can recommend this course anytime and anywhere.

Thanks to Team Coursera.

By Süeda H G

Nov 22, 2019

Thank you so much for this excellent course. I'm so happy to attend. I believe all what I learned will help me a lot.