Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

SH
Aug 31, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

MG
Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

376 - 400 of 1,604 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By damien p

Mar 12, 2017

What an excellent course! Well done Professor Budd and to all the contributors who made this such a joy to complete.

By Ramiz R

Superb course. Thank Coursera for providing this valuable course surely it will boost my CV as well as muy carrier.

By P. K

May 4, 2020

The best till now. i enjoyed a lot and learned a lot. the teaching is so interesting that i couldn't stop learning.

By Farid R

Aug 15, 2016

WoW

It was an amazing course. It gave me lots of ideas.

It could have had a text book as a reference.

Recommended. :)

By Charu D

Mar 17, 2017

Mr. John Budd is the perfectionist , i loved his way of teaching , looking forward for more learning .

By Anita Y

Jul 19, 2020

very informative course. The concepts are made clear in a very simple and easy to understand manner. Thanks a lot

By ARTA D N

it's a nice course that explained many things about people and organizations. That's good to build our knowledge.

By Uzo I N

Jun 3, 2019

This course is the best thing that happened to me. I look forward to completing the rest. Thanks prof John Budds

By Sarah N

Nov 8, 2018

I do not have an HR background, and this course was able to provide a solid foundation for learning in this area.

By Christian S

Aug 10, 2020

This was a great gateway into understand Human Resource Management. Excited for the rest of this specialization!

By Aykhan A

Apr 10, 2020

There is a lot of valuable resources about HR

I hope to every person will gain main inforamtions from that course

By Tatto B

Feb 1, 2020

It is a very useful course. I would recommend this course if you want to learn about HR even for the first time!

By HAMPOH V A F

Jul 7, 2018

Great Class with amazing instructor. I have learned so much in this 4 weeks . I definitely recommend this class.

By Zahra Z

Sep 29, 2020

In this case, I learn approaches that can behaviour with employees and encourage them to continuing their works

By Aimilia A

Sep 21, 2020

Very interesting. Each person that will chose this module will gain many interesting and important information.

By Crystal R

May 7, 2020

This was great!!! I really enjoyed the material and it opened my eyes to the world of HR and People management!

By Shokoofehsadat H

Apr 30, 2020

Professor John W. Budd is just simply amazing! I will gladly take any other courses which he is the instructor!

By Nadine R U

Apr 7, 2020

Provided me the HR information I never knew about. I enjoyed the course!

Would recommend it for People Mangers.

By Betty O

Jun 28, 2018

Great course that provides you with insight to things you may otherwise not have considered in managing people.

By Massimo Z

Mar 4, 2016

Thank you prof. Budd, I am looking forward to see you againg for Capstone Project.

My best regards,

Massimo Zilio

By Маевская С Ю

Nov 2, 2020

Мне очень понравился курс.

Но иногда у меня возникали вопросы. но я курсом очень довольна.

Большое вам спасибо.

By Glulia

I love this course, the professor was brilliant, friendly but most important for me clear! Thank you very much

By Alise T

Oct 13, 2020

Thank you much for incredible course!This information is going to be very useful for me as future HR manager.

By Viviana M

Mar 27, 2016

I totally recommend this course for an introduction to HR. The professor makes each session very interesting.

By OABONA B K

Nov 13, 2020

This course is very good and it is helping quite a lot of people regardless of where you are from. Thank you