Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG
Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

SH
Aug 31, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

326 - 350 of 1,747 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Hashmat

Jul 23, 2020

thanks a world from coursera and the managers of this organization.i really appreciate your good efforts towards giving knowledge to human

By Asfiya S O

Aug 27, 2020

I Have Received enough Inputs from this Course i would like to Thank Coursera and John W.Budd for Complete assistance in ongoing Modules

By Harish S

Dec 4, 2019

Learned a Lot of Management From Professor Budd. Taught us lot about how to manage People and Carry out the activities in an organisation.

By Maryam N A

Jun 16, 2016

Great course that gives a lot of insight into how Human Resources is conducted and what it involves in the employee-employer relationship.

By Shintia N S

Jul 30, 2020

Thanks to this course that help people to learn about the basic of human resource in flexible time, educative video, and free certificate

By Andrea F

Jun 21, 2016

Great and very informative, definitely recommend to everyone who would like to learn more about HR or change career into Human resources.

By ASHLY S

Nov 18, 2020

This course was very benefited to me. Help me how to work in an organization, how to manage my work, how to understand the organization.

By Ruby Y O C

Sep 19, 2020

I highly recommend this course. It is a great introduction to Human Resource Managment and valuable informaton related to the business.

By Hina A

Jun 23, 2020

Excellent Course

I learned a lot in this course, very informative and enhanced my knowledge skills in HR.

Big thanks to Professor Budd !

By NHVSA S

May 1, 2020

A good course for Human relations concept identifying HR necessity, inter personal skills etc. is very useful in daily management works

By Alison H L

Jul 9, 2019

I loved the course from the beginning until the end. Especially the Peer Group assignment was very helpful to see others' perspectives.

By duc l

Jan 25, 2021

This course is very useful to me. I feel really excited. Thank you, Prof John W. Budd and all guys in this course helped me to finish.

By Quang Q B L

Jun 28, 2020

I had learned a lot of knowledge from this course. This is a foundation for anyone who wants to become an HR Specialist or HR Manager!

By Cecilia d F

Jun 6, 2020

Course was a great introduction to HRM. John made the course entertaining and interactive which helped with motivation and commitment.

By Ajit S

Oct 8, 2019

Really very good process of explaining different methods in managing employees, thanks a lot to Johan.M.Budd sir....with my kind heart

By Nataliia P

Sep 16, 2019

Thank you very much for this course. I have just moved to USA and it was very useful for me to receive information about US Labor Law.

By Sade B

Jun 15, 2020

I enjoyed this course and would highly recommend both aspiring and seasoned HRM managers to take this course as well as entrepreneurs

By tapan d

Apr 20, 2020

Its one of the best innovative course that really helped me in getting good idea about HR. Thanks to our mentorProfessor John W. Budd

By ilena j

Dec 18, 2019

I never stopped to think that not everyone has the same reason to .go to work and that's why in some companies people quit constantly

By Dipan B

Mar 10, 2019

This is a very comprehensive course for the HR learners. It is designed so well that, People from any background can understand this.

By Wrennecia T

Oct 4, 2018

This course is the first of five and I have already learned a lot. Can't wait to do the other courses. The teacher is also awesome!

By ODESSA J

May 29, 2019

This has been an informative and interactive course. The visual and the humor used aided on keeping me engaged. I have learned a lot

By Lorna P

Dec 27, 2016

Very insightful and lively. Learnt basic principles that were well taught and brought together in an entertaining manner. Enjoyed it

By Adikalie L k

Jan 10, 2021

This is the best program and the best app so far that has helped to gain new skills in my life. Thank you so much for the good work

By Estefanía O G

Aug 9, 2020

The Teacher really cares about making the course interesting and valuable. Besides, you actually learn a lot of management tools .