Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG
Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

SH
Aug 31, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

501 - 525 of 2,082 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Anastasia S

Nov 20, 2021

I really enjoyed this course and I am happy to discover a lot of new things in HR! Recommend it to everyone.

By Joshua A

Sep 8, 2021

e​xciting learning perspective on HR..........excited to have enrolled on this Specialization...............

By Noyon M

Jul 2, 2021

i​t was my first taken course in online that encourage me to find more .thanks for make a such great course.

By Nikhil K

Jun 11, 2021

The course gives a new perspective. Good for those people who have to manage people and are new to the role.

By Amanda H K

Mar 30, 2021

Great course and an even better lecturer! Thank you for the well explained lectures and fun learning process

By Oabona B K

Nov 13, 2020

This course is very good and it is helping quite a lot of people regardless of where you are from. Thank you

By Mohammed E A

Mar 23, 2020

It is an excellent course , really i enjoy it. I would recommend it for all even if u are not working in HR.

By Virginia L C

May 27, 2017

Very comprehensive and engaging. Great examples were cited as well as activities with learner participation.

By Alexandra D

Mar 7, 2016

Great course, well crafted and full of some wonderful information. I have recommended it for my co-workers.

By Yusuf A P

Jan 29, 2021

This course can pull you up in your department or it can help you to find a new job. Thanks for the course.

By Jose R L R

Oct 29, 2019

Thanks, professor. It was very informative and at the same time, you made it easy to follow and understand.

By Utkarsh S

Aug 7, 2019

An absolute masterclass. John Sir is a genius. An amazing introduction to Human Resource Management for me.

By Michaela P

Dec 11, 2017

Great course! I've learned a lot of new and interesting information about how to succesfully manage people.

By Thomas V

Apr 5, 2020

I really liked the instructor and I liked the way they presented the information. I recommend this course.

By Sheryl P

Dec 19, 2019

I love this course since it gives you the mindset how you can embrace business and people in the business.

By Danilo V

May 6, 2018

a very good picture of HR, showing the basic dynamics and process, and different points of view. Thank you

By Rajni A

Apr 30, 2018

I strongly recommend this course. Very good explanations by giving examples and videos so fully explained.

By Shruthi K

Nov 13, 2016

This was a great course with enough materials to study and the additional resources were very helpful too!

By kiro a

May 7, 2021

Awesome

Nowdays, here most of the human going to be selfish and just want to make money not social values

By Nguyễn H Y

Sep 13, 2020

I love this course. It's really useful and supports me a lot in my career. Thank you, teacher John W.Budd

By Belinda D

Jul 17, 2020

This is very educative. It has helped me gain a lot of new ideas and skills in human resource. Try it too

By shalini m

May 7, 2020

Great way of taking a course while providing sufficient quizzes, reading and hands on with the assignment

By Falade A E

Nov 27, 2019

It has been insightful so far. I am getting to know the importance of Human Resource in any Organisation.

Feb 6, 2018

Very helpful to a HR new bee! I really appreciate all the efforts of professors from University Minnesoda

By Tan E

Dec 10, 2017

It is practical and systematic. It helps me to reflect how do I manage people and how am I being managed.