Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG
Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

SH
Aug 31, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

351 - 375 of 2,009 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By kitso E S

Jun 11, 2020

I have learned a lot from this course than i anticipated, the way it was taught could easily reflect that it is offered at post graduate level.

By slimani a

Apr 4, 2017

No comment especialy the teachers here and the way how they present to us lessons.

i really did would like to be a student of them there in usa

By Eliezer A V C

Nov 7, 2020

Excellent research and analysis methodology because HR should not be just an administrative area but a strategic department for organizations.

By Prompiriya P

Jul 17, 2020

Very detailed and informative course about Human Resources. I like the vast range of knowledge I gained from this course. Thank you professor!

By Irena K

Dec 27, 2019

I liked the way the information was provided, it was easy to understand and not boring. I learned many interesting things about HR management.

By Emily S

Sep 21, 2019

Great overview of all the facets of managerial styles and how to incorporate different societal factors and cultural norms into the workplace!

By Freddy P

Jan 5, 2017

Very good teaching model, all videos are easy to understand and all pictures describe easy to memorize

I'm really happy to continue my learning

By Maria C C B

Jul 7, 2016

Great resource! The content was excellent and gave me a great idea of how and where to look for more information and carry on with my studies.

By KAREN C R

Jul 1, 2021

Querido profesor, quiero agradecer enormemente todo lo que me enseñó, tiene una forma muy entretenida de educar. Mil gracias...

KAREN CARTES

By Jay R B

Jul 26, 2020

Excellent course to get a brief and little in depth overview of human resource management, how it work, ways to deal according to situations.

By Adenike A

Jun 15, 2020

It gave me insight about how organisation works and how knowing more about the business is the first thing in becoming a successful hr person

By Karina P

Apr 2, 2019

Great course! Learn about the basics and history of HR. Fun professor and amazing way to show the information! Can’t wait to do more courses!

By Dr. B

May 9, 2020

EXCELLENT! I really enjoyed the HRM course. I'm an HR professional and it's so helpful to stay up on all HR tools and techniques. Thank you!

By Pardeep k

Apr 25, 2020

I am getting a good knowledge of the Human resource for Management for the company. It is the best E-online service and Resources provide.

By LINA M R V

Aug 13, 2021

Thanks to this course I was introduced to the world of human resources management. It is very functional, easy to understand and enriching.

By Renee-Lynn J

Mar 29, 2021

Excellent Course that gives you a general ideas about everything you might need to become a manager or an HR Specialist/Generalist/Manager.

By FRANK F

Jan 6, 2021

I enjoy doing this especially learning about culture and people in the hold

Knowing the key for managing people is communication and culture

By Hashmat

Jul 23, 2020

thanks a world from coursera and the managers of this organization.i really appreciate your good efforts towards giving knowledge to human

By Asfiya S O

Aug 27, 2020

I Have Received enough Inputs from this Course i would like to Thank Coursera and John W.Budd for Complete assistance in ongoing Modules

By Harish S

Dec 4, 2019

Learned a Lot of Management From Professor Budd. Taught us lot about how to manage People and Carry out the activities in an organisation.

By Maryam N A

Jun 16, 2016

Great course that gives a lot of insight into how Human Resources is conducted and what it involves in the employee-employer relationship.

By Shintia N S

Jul 30, 2020

Thanks to this course that help people to learn about the basic of human resource in flexible time, educative video, and free certificate

By Andrea F

Jun 21, 2016

Great and very informative, definitely recommend to everyone who would like to learn more about HR or change career into Human resources.

By ASHLY S

Nov 18, 2020

This course was very benefited to me. Help me how to work in an organization, how to manage my work, how to understand the organization.

By Ruby O C

Sep 19, 2020

I highly recommend this course. It is a great introduction to Human Resource Managment and valuable informaton related to the business.