Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG
Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

SH
Aug 31, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

501 - 525 of 1,699 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Jessica A

Aug 25, 2017

This is a great course for someone who has very little HR experience. He was a great teacher!

By Sigita V

Sep 28, 2020

Really useful and good training. I learned a lot about human resources and their management.

By Pawan D

Jul 1, 2020

Learnt lot more things and acquired knowledge in this course. Its a fantastic course overall

By Raffaele S

Apr 17, 2020

Absolutely clear, great resume of all the aspects we should include and think before to act.

By halima a

Nov 30, 2016

I have never enjoyed learening before like i did with cousera i cant wait to get more of it.

By Victoria A A

Sep 8, 2020

The course was very intuitive. I gained in-depth knowledge about Human Resource Management.

By Anna Z

Jul 25, 2020

The course was enjoyable and informative. Looking forward to the next steps of the program!

By Marcela G M

Jan 21, 2020

Thank you. I really like this course. It is quite interesting to understand the bases in HR

By Margarita C

Jan 13, 2020

impressive how dedicated people giving away their talents for everybody to grasp and learn!

By Sushmita G

Aug 26, 2018

It was an amazing experience to lean about HR and it has enlightened my spirit to continue.

By Jesús P

Mar 10, 2016

Excelente curso. Aporta unas bases muy firmes para lo que continuará en la especialización.

By Ahmed M E

Oct 13, 2020

it is a very good introduction for beginners .thank you Coursera and Minnesota university.

By Renata A K

Aug 16, 2020

Excelente curso, idéias e estratégias que são diferenciais no dia a dia do nosso trabalho.

By Gizem Ö

Aug 10, 2020

That was an awesome course with awesome teacher ! I learn many things about HR management

By Teshome

May 2, 2020

IT IS INTERESTING AND I LEARNED A LOT NEW THINGS. THANK YOU COURSERA AND PROFESSOR JOHN.W

By Tiffany G

Mar 23, 2018

Course was thorough, easy to understand, and provided co-cohesive thought provoking tasks.

By Carl J

Jun 5, 2017

Easy to follow and informative, it has given me a good foundation from which to work from.

By Lorelyn D

Nov 20, 2020

Sir John W. Budd is able to teach his students the valuable lessons towards HR High Road!

By Claudio C

Nov 16, 2020

I really like it and understood all the arguments. I enjoyed the Professor Budd lessons!!

By Mohamed J V

Jul 23, 2020

Excellent Course content... Knowledge driven experience. Thanks for all faculty members..

By Md. K

Jul 4, 2020

I am really excited to complete this course. I really enjoyed this & learn something new.

By sangram d

Jun 1, 2020

This course is very useful. I have learnt much. It’s most essential for HR Professionals.

By Muhammad A

Amazing Learning Experience. I am really feeling sad , i want to keep learning from you.

By Arshi K

Aug 2, 2019

This is an awesome course that is full of learning. It involves active participation too.

By kamran a

Jun 27, 2017

An awsum learning in such a good way I totally appreciated I loved it ... thank you team.