Back to Managing the Organization

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing the Organization by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course is intended to help you become a better manager by helping you to more fully understand and deal with some of the complexities and challenges associated with managerial life in organizations. In this course, you will learn theories, principles, and frameworks that will help you to more effectively manage and lead the organizations that you belong to. We will view organizations from different perspectives that we will use as lenses to help us highlight common managerial challenges and point us toward solutions to those challenges. Some of these common challenges that we will explore in this course include using power effectively, implementing organizational change, understanding and managing organizational culture, decision-making including decision-making pitfalls and ethical traps, and leadership. As you learn and apply the principles from this course, you will be better prepared to navigate some of the complex challenges that you face as a manager....

RO
Oct 15, 2017

A well presented course for implementing strategy related to the elements from organizational design to execution. This course stresses the importance and necessity of an integrated process that is

DD
Apr 11, 2020

This course content is very practical and learned a lot of new methods, theories and tools. Thank you very much for the University of Illinois and professors who did the lecturers.

151 - 175 of 186 Reviews for Managing the Organization

Apr 30, 2019

r

By Zaw Z O

Sep 18, 2018

This research based specialization has provided the fundamental knowledge and essential skills in from daily strategic leadership to Managing organization effectively; you will see how the course is precise and concise that leads the potential leverage for achieving your organization’s goals and sustaining its long-term success.

By Andre A M

Nov 16, 2020

Good content. Seems pretty unique since it is based on the professor's research as well as some other well-known research articles. Not a lot of pratcial applications and mostly information dump but still useful as an introductory course.

By Kati L

Apr 27, 2018

I really enjoyed this course. I took it as a stand-alone, rather than part of the entire specialization. I especially liked the portions about "potential" and the difference between a high commitment and a high flexibility workforce.

By Preya S

Jun 11, 2020

I really enjoyed the course and I think it is very well explained by both the professors. I highly recommend this course especially to all management students.

By Nicola M

Jun 29, 2017

It's an incredibile course, you need to attend both of the courses of Professor Leblebici to fully understand all the framework of the concepts.

By Rafiq

Oct 13, 2019

Certainly a good course. Good faculty. But still less quality and insights compared to Business strategy course by Deepak Sowmya

By Sheku M

Aug 7, 2020

This course has greatly improved my knowledge in management. The skills gained is applicable to all working environments.

By Julia l M

May 15, 2019

This course is gritty - I actually learnt something (a lot!) Thank you for the effort and the material.

By Aswathy M

Jul 29, 2019

It is very good course. It helps me to get wide knowledge about the managing organization.

By Nupur B

Dec 5, 2019

Module 2 was little heavy and little too much but overall the course was good.

By Lisa D G

Sometimes the audio was a bit choppy, but the content was well-designed

By Jacques P P

Oct 1, 2019

Good content and some relevant examples

By Nolan A

Jul 18, 2017

Typos in the slides need to be fixe

By Romain V

May 14, 2016

Great course! Very insightful!

By Kim A

Jul 30, 2020

I truly enjoyed this course.

By Norma L

Jul 31, 2017

Good class

By Friederike J

May 22, 2017

Overall, I enjoyed the course and the presented insights. Only at times it is a little slow (easy things are explained at great length).

The questions in the quizzes could have been a little more challenging (some were just all too obvious), and clearer: some questions (esp. re the case studies) were ambiguous or implied a lot of interpretation on the course givers' part in what answer you wanted to hear (i.e. more than one answer appeared perfectly plausible) - so sharpening the quiz questions would be a good improvement.

And I thought it was surprising that there were a few typos in the slides.

I enjoyed the readings and the essays. Just the rating by peers appeared a little random.

Thanks for the interesting course and the learnings I take away from it!

By Wei K

Oct 1, 2016

I'm not going to recommend this course strongly. I learned from it, not denying that. The reading materials were great. There are critical organization issues to learn. But there are two things I don't like. First, the assignment is not well designed. Article reflection is a convenient way to give an assignment but sometimes off the topics in the course notes. Other courses have along assignments but they are much better designed. Second, the instructor threw a lot of terminologies with much explanations. I don't think people would ever remember or use them correctly. Why bother using them?