Back to Managing the Organization

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing the Organization by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course is intended to help you become a better manager by helping you to more fully understand and deal with some of the complexities and challenges associated with managerial life in organizations. In this course, you will learn theories, principles, and frameworks that will help you to more effectively manage and lead the organizations that you belong to. We will view organizations from different perspectives that we will use as lenses to help us highlight common managerial challenges and point us toward solutions to those challenges. Some of these common challenges that we will explore in this course include using power effectively, implementing organizational change, understanding and managing organizational culture, decision-making including decision-making pitfalls and ethical traps, and leadership. As you learn and apply the principles from this course, you will be better prepared to navigate some of the complex challenges that you face as a manager....

RO
Oct 15, 2017

A well presented course for implementing strategy related to the elements from organizational design to execution. This course stresses the importance and necessity of an integrated process that is

DD
Apr 11, 2020

This course content is very practical and learned a lot of new methods, theories and tools. Thank you very much for the University of Illinois and professors who did the lecturers.

51 - 75 of 189 Reviews for Managing the Organization

By MUSA A

Mar 11, 2019

This course is loaded. Professor leblebici is superb. I learnt a lot from this course. Many thanks to Coursera and the lecturers.

By Tal L

Feb 21, 2020

Really enjoyed the Huseyin lectures.

Made me look at my organization design and functioning with new glasses.

By Elsa R

Jul 8, 2017

I wish I had more time to really absorb the material. Modules 3 & 4 really made me want to have classroom discussions

By Kyle J R

Jun 15, 2017

Excellent course, wonderful professor, and essential business concepts that everyone in the field should be aware of.

By UMA M S

Jul 15, 2020

Dense modules but taught in a simple and effective manner

Need to put in time to analyse and grasp the subject fully

By SOL J M O

Sep 6, 2020

excellent course, it is very gratifying that this study methodology can be learned with the tools they provide

By Osman K

Jun 25, 2018

It is a well established course, you will have a great insight by having this course. I totally recommend it.

By Md. D N

Nov 5, 2020

it is a great course indeed. I've learnt many things. I hope to apply them to real-life scenarios. Thank you

By Okwukwe D I

May 28, 2016

A very practical course. Worthy of enrollment by every business manager. Great course by a superb Professor.

By Joanna B

Aug 19, 2018

Excellent portion of knowledge, very interesting and varied course material. I really enjoyed this course.

By Nikhil U V

Nov 23, 2019

Very interesting course. Liked the discussions alot. Maybe the videos can be made a bit more interesting?

By Muhammad I

Oct 17, 2016

Still pursuing this course, but what I like is... This lecture gave real problem & solution sample.

By Dinh T K H

Apr 19, 2017

Amazing course with a lot of knowledge.Thanks the Instructors and all assistants for great work.

By John S

Dec 14, 2019

excellent instruction and passion for the topic. Not overbearing and well organized. thanks!

By Jennifer N

May 6, 2018

Great... relevant course. I do think some topics were weakly covered, but overall very good.

By Zach R

Apr 27, 2019

Wonderfully paced course full of useful information, insight, and inspirational readings!

By Godwin E

May 8, 2019

Concentrated with managerial techniques immediately usable to the workplace. Empowering!

By Rajesh S

Dec 6, 2019

Very well defined course material, including lecture notes, videos and the assignments.

By Tatiana V

Jun 8, 2020

absolutely enjoyed this course, it gives a lot to think about and to apply. Thank you!

By STEVE D

Jun 7, 2017

Excellent information in this course. The bonus is seeing what I learned in progress.

By Rajashree

Jan 6, 2018

The whole process of value creation was beautifully explained throughout the course.

By Echo l

Jan 8, 2018

It's great, I learnt a lot from the two courses, organization design and managing.

By Tripti J

Jul 4, 2020

This is very useful for me in how to manage the organisation at different levels.

By Chau H V

Jun 22, 2019

This course is very good course and it really help me in my work. Thanks a lot

By Camesha R

Dec 3, 2019

Very enlightening and practical wisdom that I can test in my work environment.