Back to Managing the Organization

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing the Organization by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course is intended to help you become a better manager by helping you to more fully understand and deal with some of the complexities and challenges associated with managerial life in organizations. In this course, you will learn theories, principles, and frameworks that will help you to more effectively manage and lead the organizations that you belong to. We will view organizations from different perspectives that we will use as lenses to help us highlight common managerial challenges and point us toward solutions to those challenges. Some of these common challenges that we will explore in this course include using power effectively, implementing organizational change, understanding and managing organizational culture, decision-making including decision-making pitfalls and ethical traps, and leadership. As you learn and apply the principles from this course, you will be better prepared to navigate some of the complex challenges that you face as a manager....

SM
Dec 8, 2020

Great Course! Well-structured content with very useful and immediately applicable concepts! I will definitely recommend to a few more people I know who organically became in position of leadership.

RO
Oct 15, 2017

A well presented course for implementing strategy related to the elements from organizational design to execution. This course stresses the importance and necessity of an integrated process that is

51 - 75 of 228 Reviews for Managing the Organization

By Noman M A

May 21, 2017

An excellent course, which has been created by the professor keeping in mind the upcoming challenges of setting up and managing larger organizations

By Marshall R

u

f

u

n

formation about organizational structure, leadership, and management styles. Definitely recommend it!

By Vince W

Dec 17, 2017

Really a great layout for this course, I have really enjoyed the sequence, case studies and lectures included with the course curriculum.

By Himanshu G

May 4, 2020

Great course! Lots of tough assignments that make you think. The course material is relevant and can be applied to work situations.

By S. I R

Dec 17, 2019

Really enjoyed learning how to manage an organization! Thank you very much for your invaluable insights! Best wishes - Indu Rupassara

By BRIDGET M

Oct 7, 2020

I learnt a lot in this course which i will keep using in my position. A big thank you to the lecturers who made my learning great.

By MUSA A

Mar 11, 2019

This course is loaded. Professor leblebici is superb. I learnt a lot from this course. Many thanks to Coursera and the lecturers.

By Wendy J

Dec 3, 2020

Today, armed with the knowledge from this course, I am confident that I have the right tools for managing my organization.

By Ruci M B

Dec 30, 2020

It was a great course. I loved the quizzes the most because I constantly failed - and it forced me to review and revise.

By Karishma D

Mar 10, 2021

I have completed some of the courses but I'm not seeing my certificate and I have already verified my ID how many times

By Tal L

Feb 21, 2020

Really enjoyed the Huseyin lectures.

Made me look at my organization design and functioning with new glasses.

By Elsa R

Jul 8, 2017

I wish I had more time to really absorb the material. Modules 3 & 4 really made me want to have classroom discussions

By Kyle J R

Jun 15, 2017

Excellent course, wonderful professor, and essential business concepts that everyone in the field should be aware of.

By UMA M S

Jul 15, 2020

Dense modules but taught in a simple and effective manner

Need to put in time to analyse and grasp the subject fully

By SOL J M O

Sep 6, 2020

excellent course, it is very gratifying that this study methodology can be learned with the tools they provide

By Ssemakula P N ( L & S N

Dec 5, 2020

The course material is directly applicable and contain current practicable managerial skills and knowledge .

By Osman K

Jun 25, 2018

It is a well established course, you will have a great insight by having this course. I totally recommend it.

By Md. D N

Nov 5, 2020

it is a great course indeed. I've learnt many things. I hope to apply them to real-life scenarios. Thank you

By Okwukwe D

May 28, 2016

A very practical course. Worthy of enrollment by every business manager. Great course by a superb Professor.

By Henry A

Dec 15, 2020

Lots of knowledge acquired that helps comprehend and explain what we see and do in our organizations daily.

By Joanna B

Aug 19, 2018

Excellent portion of knowledge, very interesting and varied course material. I really enjoyed this course.

By Nikhil U V

Nov 23, 2019

Very interesting course. Liked the discussions alot. Maybe the videos can be made a bit more interesting?

By Muhammad I

Oct 17, 2016

Still pursuing this course, but what I like is... This lecture gave real problem & solution sample.

By Dinh T K H

Apr 19, 2017

Amazing course with a lot of knowledge.Thanks the Instructors and all assistants for great work.