Back to Managing Talent

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing Talent by University of Michigan

In this course, you will learn best practices for selecting, recruiting, and onboarding talent. You will also learn about the key approaches to measuring performance and evaluating your employees. In addition, you will learn how to develop and coach your talent so that they can realize their full potential at work. Altogether, you will gain a thorough understanding of the complete cycle of managing talent and creating a robust talent pipeline for your team and organization. Managing and developing talent is one of the top 3 issues on the minds of CEOs from around the world. In fact, CEOs cite managing and developing their leadership talent as the issue that is most important to the future success of their business but that their organizations are least capable of addressing effectively. This course will provide you with the insights, frameworks and tools to effectively manage and develop talent in your teams and organizations....

OI
Apr 5, 2020

A very illuminating course. Have started applying two key concepts already. Glad I took the course. Every HR practitioner should take the course as part of their own development. Thank you.

MB
May 11, 2017

Great lectures, important thinks pointed out. Not always is clear how important is taking care of employees. Without good HR management, whole business can struggle and not grow as could.

26 - 50 of 305 Reviews for Managing Talent

By M. B

Sep 7, 2017

On some matters a bit too superficial, especially when it comes to talent pools and management, but anyway: The contents really strenghened my points and arguments when it comes to development of employees, and that is it what I expected from this course. I loved it in total!

By Vicky L

May 3, 2021

From this course I learned some useful tools to manage talent, more importantly to bear in mind some new thoughts like " do we have to focus on weakness" , and important exercise during first 90 on boarding. I strongly recommend manager to take this course.

By Milan M

Dec 20, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and the overall specialization. Both instructor Scott and Maxim shared very valuable knowledge, skills, and experience.

For anyone who is looking to become a Leader, I would recommend this course and specialization.

By Vinita S

Sep 16, 2020

Its excellent course, explained with help of lot of examples and analogies. Many techniques and structured ways of Managing Talent. Getting most of 70-20-10, Personal Board of Directors, 360 degree feedback framework was awesome.

By Nurbek A

Nov 5, 2020

A really excellent experience of learning new knowledge and skills for talent management. Video and writing assignments, evaluation of peers' work, and more - all provided a good example of collaboration and interaction!

By Liutova M

Apr 25, 2016

I enjoyed the course materials immensely, the content is well selected and adapted, the sequencing fosters understanding, and the presentors seem to have been born to teach. Looking forward to more courses like this one.

By Abhay K

Apr 7, 2020

It's an amazing and truly well researched course. Provides some amazing frameworks and collates lot of complex information/ideas in a very easy to understand format. Highly recommended for students and practitioners!!!

By Boney M

Feb 1, 2016

Very eye-opening course, lots of insights which I will definitely incorporate in my daily work and further more try to influence our corporate practises.

I found this course a more challenging to grasp and pass so far.

By Brent W

Jun 3, 2016

I took this course as part of the Specialization. I wish I could put all the directors, VPs, and EVPs through this specialization. The tools, case studies, and resources alone make it worth the time and money.

By Eliani S

Jul 19, 2020

I enjoyed all the topics reviewed, specially that all the people that appeared are have a lot of experience and I learned a lot from what they talked about their own experiences and how they achieved success.

By Smagulova K A

Nov 4, 2020

Очень интересная подача информации. Большое количество материала для размышления. Рекомендую все же данный курс для действующих hr специалистов или руководителей с хорошо развитой hr компетенцией.

By Olaoluwa I

Apr 6, 2020

By Helder R C V

Apr 27, 2016

I had no previous experience in the area and after this course i feel like i can actually support others in their development plans. I highly recommend this course to everyone.

By Chrisia M R

May 9, 2020

Very helpful course. The syllabus itself was completely structured well for talent management and coaching. Thanks University of Michigan for the effective learning course.

By Deokumar G

Jun 4, 2018

i am in the second week of curriculum and i am already progressing in understanding more and more business concepts that never occurred to me and/or i never knew existed.

By Anna Z

May 24, 2021

I enjoyed this course, the teachers are really great and I loved the fact that they provided even more resources for further reading. I'm a fan of Ms. Alexander now!

By Ibrahim A A O

Aug 9, 2021

It was one of great courses I have taken. I will go back to the course content to apply what I've learn.

Can I copy some of content to share it with my colleagues?

By Ivan Y

Feb 12, 2016

Good course. As an HR practitioner I have found a lot of relevance in the concepts of the course, as well as pragmatic and useful tools to use as a starting point.

By Vinicius C

Apr 3, 2017

Amazing course with excellent and incredibly updated content. Very well structured and the interactions with the course colleagues are great. Highly recommended.

By ARVIND M

Jul 30, 2017

Excellent course to learn how to manage the team! Inspired by the way Scott and Maxim teach! The courses in this specialization are becoming more interesting!

By Steven G

Oct 31, 2017

Great course with online video aids assisting the students with how to properly Manage Talent. All instructors, course assignments and tests assisted in the

By Snezana B

Nov 17, 2020

Amazing course, I have learned so much! Thank you for great dedication to the course and for all the great information that you have shared with us!

By shivani c

Jul 20, 2020

It was indeed an interesting course and had such elaborative knowledge, helps me a lot in remaining some topics and I have understood many new ones.

By Bruno G F C

Mar 28, 2021

Ótimo curso, agora eu entendo bem todo o pipeline do gerenciamento de talentos, desde o onboarding até o acompanhamento de performance e feedbacks.

By Paul K

Sep 8, 2016

I've taken a bunch of Coursera Courses, and these were my favorite. Fun to watch and packed with useful stuff I wish I had known a long time ago.