Back to Marketing in an Analog World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Marketing in an Analog World by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Our new digital world is dramatically changing the way in which products are created, promoted, distributed, and consumed. Although these changes have been revolutionary, we still live in an analog (or physical) world. For example, even today, over 90% of all sales are still conducted in analog stores. Thus, both marketers and consumers must simultaneously navigate both the analog and digital worlds on a daily basis. Although the Digital Revolution has received considerable attention in recent years, the impact of this revolution upon the analog world has been largely ignored. This course examines this issue by asking how the Digital Revolution has impacted marketing in an analog world. The learning approach will be highly interactive, meaning that you will have both the opportunity to engage in a variety of hands-on activities and to participate as a member of a rich learning community. You will be able to: - Understand the key differences between the analog and the digital - Examine four ways in which the analog world has been affected by the digital revolution: domination, resistance, synergy, and transformation - Explore the implications of the analog world for both marketers and consumers This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

AS
Oct 10, 2020

Quite unique in its view of Analog VS. Digital in today's world. I would recommend it for any aspiring marketing professional as it offers a different perspective than most digital marketing courses.

LK
Apr 1, 2021

Professor Rindfleisch is a great professor. I look forward to his sessions because he always keeps it interesting and he seems so excited by what he teaches he makes it interested for me as well.

26 - 50 of 231 Reviews for Marketing in an Analog World

By Camila F

Apr 10, 2021

I was expecting a boring course about marketing in the mass communication era. However, I was very happy to discover this course offers a deep analysis of consumer behavior and all the changes caused by the Digital Revolution. An excellent course with great insights, I recommend it for marketers and more!

By Gwen P

Nov 7, 2017

Excellent assessment and insightful learning on a much unstudied topic, the world is going to digital, but there's also a lot still happening in analog. Professor Rindfleish does a masterful job of uncovering the nuance of this topic. The guest lectures are quite insightful and helpful as well.

By Diana T

Jan 8, 2020

Surprisingly good! II was prepared for some old-fashioned eternal truths but this module turned out to be my favorite of all 6 so far. Really well made and I enjoyed each of the weeks. I strongly recommend it to all interested in digital marketing. Digital is not the opposite of analog! :)

By Clarus C C

Jun 24, 2020

I am become a huge Fan of Aric Rindfleisch. He has taught the lecture in such an intruiging way that actaully makes a learner engrossed in his teaching. The man goes out of his ways to get real life data and visits places which makes this course so wonderful. Thankyou Mr Aric Rindleisch.

By Lin D

Feb 9, 2019

The course explore the boundary and intersection of digital and analog world of marketing. Prof. Rindfleisch has done a really great job curating insightful case studies and conducting fun experiments that display interactions of digital and analog. Valuable take-aways for the learners!

By Aileen E

Feb 14, 2021

This Course gives me a broader insight on how these analog was able to rise and be enhanced with the help of the digital transformation. Sometimes, its how you keep the authenticity of the analog that you will be able to provide a greater relationship and co-existence between the two.

By Gisela S

Apr 5, 2020

I enjoyed the course. It was an interesting topic to learn. Kudos to Professor Aric Rindfleisch for putting this course materials together. I understand it is not an issue topic to work on. Thank you for the effort and the generous knowledge that you share with all your students. :)

By Ruben Y W T

Oct 30, 2020

Learnt how analog and digital world co-exist. Was an easy course to understand, videos were great by Aric with the help from Nadia. The vicarious experience, case studies and exercise and as well as the guest speakers really help me and expand my understanding on the topic

By Patricia G

Dec 11, 2020

It was an incredible course!!! It fully reached my expectations!!! Lectures, vicarious experiences and videos with experts made it Amazing. Thank you Professor Aric Rindfleisch and congratulations Coursera and Gies University of Illinois by these open online courses.

By Beth R S

Feb 27, 2021

Excellent course! I expected nothing less after completing the other five. Highly recommend either within the specialty or just on its own. The professor is very entertaining and provides great lessons. I'm actually sad that this was the last class in this series!

By Марина М

Apr 17, 2020

It is very interesting and really challengeable course. I enjoyed practise tasks. This course gave me opportunity to look around me and create new things for my current work. I'm very exciting talking about this course with my friends and share the ideas.

By Luis C

Aug 1, 2020

I like the course. The way Professor Aric teach is fantstic. He is such an enthusiastic person. The concepts were explained in an way people like me who speaks english as a second language can fully understand. I want to thanks the UIUC for this course.

By Engles M

Jan 29, 2021

This course likewise the other Marketing in an Digital World is very mind opening. This in particular make you think and understand that we need to combine Analog and Digital and explains how. Very interesting especially the Professor is my favorite.

By Rishikesh B

Sep 13, 2020

The peer-graded assignments do make us think and ponder about the digital system's implication which many of us millennial have stopped bothering about. I really enjoyed the overall concept of this course. It is quite unique in it's own ways.

By Denisa F

Jun 13, 2020

Very interesting course with a great lecturer! Theory well explained with many examples and practical exercises are enjoyable. Well balanced practical and theoretical parts and structure that keeps the students listening and participating.

By LUCAS R D S

Nov 4, 2019

Curso sensacional, nos faz ter uma visão muito ampla do quanto o analógico ainda tem espaço mesmo com a evolução do digital, em marketing estarmos cientes disso e acompanhando todas as mudanças é algo essencial, recomendo muito.

By Aditya V

One of the best designed courses available online. Prof Aric Rindfleisch has made all the efforts to make the course useful and complete from all the respects. Kudos to Him, his team and Coursera for this wonderful course.

By Nadia P

Nov 1, 2020

Thank you Professor Rindfleisch and the Coursera Team. This course seems deceptively basic at first but by the end I realised it provides the foundation for a mindset needed to navigate the world of digital marketing.

By Aracely R P

Dec 30, 2020

Excellent. This course helps to think that nothing is definitive, that every change or progress has variants that must be analyzed to find the opportunities it can offer. Thanks a lot. Thanks you professor Aric.

By Elisabetta S

Oct 24, 2017

Every course hold by professor Aric Rindfleisch is extremely fun and interesting. No wonder this will be a successful course! I really enjoyed it and hope to find some new content from the professor on Coursera.

By Heer S

Jul 5, 2020

It is a great course. Everything is explained soo well and all the activities and peer assignments are very innovative and informative. It is totally worth it spending time on this course. Great instructor

By Bhuiyan M M S

May 7, 2020

This is an excellent course which shows how in a world of digital dominance, analog strategy and marketing techniques are securing their place and adding value to an overall marketing strategy of a brand.

By Amrit S

Oct 11, 2020

By Leslie K

Apr 2, 2021

By Akin F A

Jan 31, 2020

Very good course. Prof. Aric delivered again just like he did in his other course Marketing in a Digital World. I will recommend it to anyone interested in a career in Digital Marketing.