Back to Digital Marketing Analytics in Theory

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Marketing Analytics in Theory by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Successfully marketing brands today requires a well-balanced blend of art and science. This course introduces students to the science of web analytics while casting a keen eye toward the artful use of numbers found in the digital space. The goal is to provide the foundation needed to apply data analytics to real-world challenges marketers confront daily. Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Theory is the first in a two-part series of complementary courses and focuses on the background information and frameworks analysts need to be successful in today's digital business world. You will be able to: - Identify the web analytic tool right for your specific needs - Understand valid and reliable ways to collect, analyze, and visualize data from the web - Utilize data in decision making for agencies, organizations, or clients This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

VB

Apr 16, 2018

Well, this is great course since I did it online, but the material well covered and the lecturer give clear and interesting material through video. I will take another course after this. Thank you.

AS

Jan 22, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. I liked the professor's teaching style as well as the materials the course provided. All the knowledge I've got from the course helps me when I do research online.

1001 - 1025 of 1,117 Reviews for Digital Marketing Analytics in Theory

By vernon148

Apr 8, 2021

I was hoping the visuals during the lectures would have been better. It helps me in retaining information and making notes when things are labelled more clearly. Also the analytics part 1 and 2 were great except that it could have been better divided. I felt like I could not keep up with the different approaches and measurements.

By Mónica H

Sep 4, 2020

Unfortunately some of the reference articles and reaadings are way too old for a course to be taken in late 2020. These should be reviewed and updated. There is a serious problem with plagiarism and there isn't much clarity as to what Coursera is doing to fix the problem, or if reports lead to any actions.

By Pramod N

Sep 11, 2016

This is a very basic course. The contents do not cover a whole lot of ground. I personally did feel that there is a lot of repetition and this course did not help much . I somehow feel this course and the next ( the practical one ) could have been combined into one. Otherwise, not worth 2 courses of money.

By Santosh I

May 1, 2016

For an introductory course it is ok, however can't help get the feeling that the material is just skimmed through. In an effort to structure each session in the same way, detail has been missed out. Practical examples and hands-on exercises are very inadequate. Not impressed.

By Boma H

May 27, 2017

A great course. I rated a 3 star as I found heavy to follow given I do not come from a tech background, I found the learning journey steep. Still great course and useful for a beginner - intermediate learner wishing to strengthen / gain digital analytics knowledge.

Jul 14, 2017

Decent intro to web analytics. Majority of the work involves readings and the videos are more supplemental. Course slides are helpful in summarizing key points. You can finish auditing this course in a few hours...don't recommend paying solely for this course.

By AMIT V

Decent, but you can't expect everything about the topic, it's very limited. If you think that you can learn enough about Digital Analytics with this course alone, then you are fooling yourself. The topic is too wide in reality and in this course its hardly 5%

By Justyna H

Apr 6, 2020

I liked the high-level approach of this course, but I wish the assignments would be more specific and allow us to discover some of these analytics tools more in details. 1-2 examples could have been used to let us go through these tools or metrics.

By Tan E S

Sep 2, 2020

Good content. However most of the course materials were too old, which has been more than a decade ago. Is ok to learn some of the history but would appreciate most latest updated course material as to reflect with the current demanding market.

By Kent J

I thought the subject matter was really interesting. I'd love for this course to be updated. It's a few years old now and could use some recent examples, as well as discussion around current trends and tactics.

By Veronica L

Dec 3, 2019

It is good intro of concepts and models for digital analysis. However I do hope to see more in depth knowledge about data, models or even more examples of how to conduct a good marketing analysis.

By Theodore M

Dec 3, 2020

Decent overview of the topic but rather facile. The written transcripts do reflect the lectures well - the instructor should take the time to review the transcripts so they reflect his thoughts.

By Artem A

Jul 27, 2020

The course is a good introduction into marketing terminology and some instruments, although lacks the essence of analytics - what are the questions to be answered and how they could be answered.

By Cheng Z

Aug 29, 2016

I found that the five points to learn for each module become overly distracting. I hope the course doesn't face any constraint to get the five points. Otherwise, the course is fairly good.

By Sabina B

Aug 31, 2020

This course gave me much information about digital tools used in practice which is really applicable. However, lecture videos were not sufficient and had to do lots of secondary research.

By Camila P

Jul 12, 2020

I think several modules are outdated based on the years of reference used for describing the digital transformation. The discussions and particularly the readings are also outdated.

By Pilar M C

Sep 29, 2020

To be completely honest I am slightly disappointed. My expectations were much higher, and the course has not been updated unlike Marketing In a Digital World with constant updates.

By Sanjay J

Nov 15, 2017

Its simply an overview and basics on Data Analytics. Good for a complete fresher or beginner or someone interested in changing career and want to explore options in Data Analytics.

By Shen H

Feb 21, 2018

The contents seems repeatedly in different weeks, ends up there is limited new learnings from this course in general. Some assignment questions do not smartly asked

By Sumit S

Jan 9, 2017

a lot of reading existing content, less from the master himself :).. was hoping to get more business case examples. still, an amazing introductory course. thank you

By Akshay

Jul 31, 2017

It's a good course but its very light. I feel it has two weeks worth of content and can be merged with the next course. It's too basic to standout on its own.

By Kathy K

Mar 11, 2021

This course was poorly organized and didn't have any good concrete examples compared with the other courses in this specialization. The instructor is boring.

By Kaustubh J

Jun 20, 2019

I think there were too many repetitions in the course lessons and it would have been better to have more video lectures as compared to so much text reading.

By Davide Z

Aug 2, 2020

The course should give more practical examples. Most of these slides can be summarized into a single page word document that needs no further explanation.

By Rocío O R

Nov 24, 2016

I suggest including more practical examples in the videos in order to further understand the theory. Also, some concepts are mentioned but not explained.