Back to Digital Media and Marketing Principles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Media and Marketing Principles by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

4.4

The digital revolution has led to a titanic shift in the landscape of the marketing communication, while also creating new opportunities for businesses to reach and engage consumers through smart, social, and mobile media technologies. In this course, you will learn about the impacts of digital technologies on marketing communication strategies and practices. By understanding the underlying processes of marketing communication and the core features of new media technologies, you can strategically select the appropriate channels to deliver the right marketing message to the right audience at the right moment....

SK
Sep 1, 2019

The course gives a introductory insight into the digital marketing. It'll enable the students of this course to introduce themselves to world of digital marketing. Thanks for this amazing course.

LM
Aug 29, 2015

Very good, informative and useful. My only wish is that the presenter was a bit more natural, rather than appearing to read the text off the screen all the time. But that is just a minor comment

26 - 50 of 555 Reviews for Digital Media and Marketing Principles

By Aura M W

Jul 8, 2020

extremely boring

By Helen A

Apr 21, 2018

I have learned so much with this course. it is amazing all this new information, all the new possibilities for marketers to approach audience. I am using all these knowledge and trying to apply it in my business. I have already enrolled in the next course! The professor explains it very thoroughly and it shows how knowledgeable he is. Thank you Coursera for letting me learn through my computer screen.

By Diana M P

Dec 10, 2020

The course was clearly presented by Professor Yao and the discussions were very helpful for people like me who's new to digital media. I commend the University of Illinois for putting a course ingrained with so much expertise and practical applications that we need in this world that we live in. Great job! Thank you too to Coursera for this opportunity and the DOST Caraga region for this initiative.

By Aileen E

Dec 12, 2020

The lessons are up to date and lots of lessons learned esp from the reading materials and the videos of different campaugns which made u realized you really need to think all the aspects of the technicalities and collaborate with content to make it successful.

I most value the interviews which gives a better understanding on human behavior combined with the technology is one to be amazed.

By Stephanie N

Dec 1, 2020

An amazing course! I have learned so much from this course in a fun easy way. What I have enjoyed most about it, is how interactive it is while it is online and prerecorded. The extra reading suggestions and the video suggestions, as well as the plenty of examples given, helped me grasp the material very well. Thank you Dr. Yao, somehow, I will miss you!

By ASTHA P

Jul 14, 2020

The course was very informative. It included a wide range of information about marketing principles and the new technologies that have been implemented. It also had a lot of in detail explanation about mobile marketing, which has been on the rise lately. Overall, the course covered a variety of information and has helped me understand the subject better.

By Daniel M P

Nov 22, 2019

The course was well structured and well explained by the lecturer Mr Yao. The interviews conducted with industry participants gave a fresh and put into sharp focus the practical nature of the theoretical concepts that I was learning. On a wholesome, I totally enjoyed the course and it has provided me with extensive knowledge on the Digital Media.

By Eduardo d G O V

Oct 6, 2020

The topics seen in this course are very interesting and above all current. Professor Mike Yao is an excellent transmitter of knowledge and above all what I liked the most were the questions in his exams because not only do you answer what you must answer, but it makes you reflect. This is the whole course, reflection and learning.

By Cesar R

Aug 13, 2016

Rhiannon Clifton is a teacher I sensed as not very good at the beginning of the course. To my surprise she acquired such self confidence in the end that I can say I am very glad I was part of her course. I would like to have another chance to be on her courses in the future. Congrats!! I know you are on the right path for teaching

By Jasmina R

Nov 20, 2020

I just loved this course! It is very very interesting, useful, lots of information and insights, improved my perception of Digital marketing. I loved the content and don't think it is heavy at all if you already have basic knowledge of marketing. I'm sure I will finish all other courses inside Digital marketing specialization.

By MD. S N

Jun 18, 2020

It provides learners with the concepts and skills necessary for searching and researching information in libraries and online. Lectures are clear and well organized. There are activities for students to go deeper into the topics (optional) and quizzes that helped them to check the main concepts.

By alfonso b

Sep 8, 2019

Very good course and well assembled. The teacher begins with general well known things from other previous courses in the specialization, then starts introducing new things and overviews from Search Engines, Social Media, OOH and Direct Marketing.

I am sure any other student will like the course.

By Janelle L

Oct 16, 2020

This course is truly comprehensive and gives you the inside-out of Digital Media and Marketing in today's market trend, as well as near future. Key takeaways are of great quality knowledge and it will definitely be useful and applicable for work. Personally, I highly recommend this course.

By Joey A O V

Aug 9, 2020

From my perspective and background as a physics major, I found the course very informative. And the peer-review assignment has allowed me to interact with fellow learners from around the world. The course was an opener for me towards the recent trends in digital media marketing.

By Andrey S

Mar 23, 2016

I enjoyed the difficulty of this course, however at times the questions seemed irrelevant and frustrating to find the information that the questions referred to. I believe some refinement is due here, but the difficulty was satisfying difficult compared to previous courses!

By Archana P

Jun 9, 2020

Thank you! The course content was good. Would suggest the faculty to share more examples for some of the topics. Instead of quizzes, I guess assignments would be an ideal way to evaluate people's understanding as peer assessment helps in gaining more knowledge and ideas.

By Sol D L

Jun 4, 2019

Es un curso lleno de conceptos muy útiles para formar las bases del conocimiento en Marketing Digital. Accedemos a excelentes lecturas y videos. Realmente creo que los cursos están aportando a mi formación. Gracias Profesores & Coursera por el nivel académico!

By Philip P

Nov 2, 2020

Digital media and marketing principles is a very interested course. I did understand how to use my phone in digital marketing, the way to persuade consumers. Mobile marketing is a great way to connect with active consumers, and known their location.

By 萧泳君

Nov 19, 2019

This course provides a comprehensive overview of the digital marketing strategies, the interview section was especially enlightening as it peeks into the practical application of these otherwise intangible concepts. Highly recommended for beginners

By Paula K

Dec 23, 2020

Great course on a very dynamic and interesting topic. I would say that some topics are quite difficult to understand if don’t have “hands on” experience, but that is what motivated me to read more and search for literature, blogs and other.

By Sabit A S

Nov 8, 2020

it was good oppartunity to study in this online lessons .

I really didn’t believe that in such a short time you can take enough knowledge, but I got more than I need and will continue to conquer the Internet marketing space )

By Shurma K F

Dec 2, 2020

The different concepts taught showed me all what is involved in Digital Media and Marketing. It is a very detailed and involved process with the ultimate goal of attracting customers to purchase the product being advertised.

By Ivan R

Jan 15, 2021

Professor is sharing enormous amount of very practical and useful information's, additional readings are extraordinary, course is at first kind of confusing, but as you go everything is becoming more and more clear.

By Ntando F

Jul 26, 2020

Well presented thank you ILLINOIS University and Coursera for offering these online courses much appreciated you just changed my life with all the teams to stay safe in these hard times god bless your families

By RUKHSANA G G

Jul 19, 2020

This course is very informative. I learned new tools and techniques of digital marketing. Such as Social Marketing, mobile marketing and virtual and augmented reality and its application in marketing practices.