Back to Marketing in a Digital World

This course examines how digital tools, such as the Internet, smartphones, and 3D printing, are revolutionizing the world of marketing by changing the roles and practices of both firms and consumers. Marketing in a Digital World is one of the most popular courses on Coursera with over 250,000 Learners and is rated by Class Central as one of the Top 50 MOOCs of All Time (https://www.class-central.com/report/top-moocs/). The course was initially launched in 2015, and has been updated in April 2020. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and https://onlinemba.illinois.edu....

MS
Jun 23, 2020

Very interesting perspective, way different from the general marketing courses available. The course covers new and emerging dimensions of the digital world. Love to attend more courses. All the best!

Oct 8, 2019

With no prior knowledge of digital marketing, this course helped me to understand all the basic concepts and enhance my interest in marketing field. I have already enrolled myself into another course.

126 - 150 of 4,594 Reviews for Marketing in a Digital World

By Mayan K S

Oct 1, 2020

I really loved the course. It was very detailed and the content was very precise and crisp. I loved the way Aric Rindfleisch guided us throughout the whole course. It was really different from traditional digital marketing courses and yet it was totally relevant. The course was really insightful and was taught fro different perspectives. To think that this just the starting of the specialization. What amazing courses await for al learners.

By JOSE M B

Aug 13, 2020

As an architecture student I didn't have any background in marketing. This course was really helpful to help me understand its basics and how is related to the digital world that is so much present in our days. Therefore after finishing this I feel like I'm able to think about marketing strategies for the time we are living in and for different products, services, activities ... I think it would help me in the near future with my career.

By Saraswati G

Jun 23, 2020

The best platform to learn online. very interesting course that facilitates many students and faculty members to know the most important thing the impact of Degiatal Marketing in today work filed. The material presentation is very interesting, the instructor presents the material in a cool and easy to understand style. The task given is also very helpful in understanding the material that has been delivered. I really like this course!

By Vaibhav Y

Jun 14, 2020

The course is beautifully and fantastically designed. Professor Aric's efforts in making the video lectures and giving real world application based exercises is highly commendable. The course does not take you into technicalities of economics or marketing instead introduces the fundamental concepts and makes you think with practical and workable approach. A brilliant course by a brilliant instructor and a must do for brilliant learning.

By Zhameli K

Feb 7, 2021

The course is brilliant. The program is new and illuminate all the last digital marketing approaches. The peer-graded assignments are very interesting and help to apply knowledges you acquire in the course. (here I should say, that I claimed about inappropriate grades and feedbacks from one peer, but it's not a course management's fault). A want to emphasize that additional readings were very enlightening too. 5 of 5. Highly recommend.

By Эркинбек у С

Jan 18, 2021

Очень полезный курс для начинающих маркетологов в Digital среде. Много базовых концепций, которые помогут улучшить положения маркетолога в компании или в университете.

Мне лично курс понравился тем, что он был очень понятен и я мог легко освоить знания, преподаватель излагал мысль структурировано, со многими примерами, которые помогали мне выстроить картину о каждом тезисе, что облегчил мне процесс применения теорию в работе и в учебе.

By BHATE C P

Jul 23, 2020

This course is actually beneficial in terms of relatable and new concepts that are blooming in the real world. Appropriate and apt explanations regarding different marketing principles are provided with great case studies and good practical recommendations to relevant research materials. The course is also quite contemporary based on many of the contents that it has. Thank You to the professor for such a great teaching methodology.

By Magda G C V

Oct 23, 2016

A course that brings a lot of up-to-date knowledge with a practical, interactive and entertaining methodology. It motivates you as a professional to look at the 4Ps of the marketing mix from a world digital perspective, analyzing case studies that use digital tools and technology to find new solutions for businesses in a new era where consumers take more active roles in pricing, promotion, placing and even co-creation of products.

By Naman K

The course is so beneficial for the person who is actually pursuing career in digital marketing. I learned so much in a very convenient way and it was really easy to understand not because it is easy but the way The Professor explained with such good examples. I loved the way it was taught and explained every point in detail and with practice exercise helping you focused on the lectures. Thank you for such a wonderful experience.

By Bui T B N

Oct 23, 2016

Thank you Professor Aric and team to provide very interesting course where I have found new business models that are still infant in my country, then there is a lot opportunities to growth those models in my country. I especially love the case studies of Threadless, 3D Printing. I would definitely recommend this course to everyone, especially students in developing countries where you can catch the opportunities in digital world.

By Seth K

Apr 7, 2020

PLEASE READ:

The only reason I'm giving this course 5 stars is because it's great for beginners marketing. The vast majority of the content I already knew and for some reason I thought this course would be a little more advanced.

If you have little to no background of marketing, take this course. It will be great.

However if you do have a fair amount of marketing knowledge, this course will simply reiterate what you already know.

By Sol D L

Feb 27, 2019

Excellent course for Marketing beginners! I found its content very helpful and loved Professor Aric’s videos. I tried very seriously to absorb all the knowledge provided in order to take full advantage of it. I am looking forward to taking a deeper dive into all these concepts ahead in the rest of the courses and hopefully complete the specialization. Thanks Coursera and University of Illinois for sharing knowledge to the world!

By Nausherwan N B

Mar 23, 2021

I would like to thank coursera for providing me with this platform where i could upskill and reskill myself and especially my able instructor of this course Mr Aric from Gies School of Business whose perspective really added some new insights into marketing and digital marketing in particular and with his extensive use of real life case studies and hands-on assignments this course proved to be a real worthwhile experience .

By Tim S

Aug 30, 2017

I really enjoyed the first course in the Digital Marketing specialization and am looking forward to #2. I learned a lot of the basics of marketing and how it applies in a digital world including: Product, Promotion, Placement and Price. The exercises are relevant, engaging and fun. I also enjoyed the brief Campus Spotlight segments where you can learn a bit more about a professor and his/her area of research. Thanks UIUC !

By RAJES S

Nov 19, 2020

Truly enjoyed the course. I would say something about Prof. Aric. He's just the best teacher in my eyes as I have never been bored watching his lectures. Sense of humour is great to keep the attention and which is a big issue in online classes. Thanks, Mr Aric for your excellent teaching style with lots of case studies and real-life examples those really helped to understand the terms of the complex digital marketing. :-)

By Rajkumar Y

Sep 16, 2020

the contents are easy to understand, very well represented with example. during the course we have various methods to grasp the topics. the videos make you feel classroom taste. the simple and easy language to grasp. The honest assignments will help understand particular topics in details.

Its fun to learn the course but due to sudden work pressure i couldn't completed the course on 4th week rather completed on 5th week.

By Helen A

Feb 13, 2018

I enjoyed taking this course.

My profession is not Marketing but I have decided to learn about it since everything is turning digital.

In my line of business I am also searching for digital media attention and trying to reach more targeted clients. I take care of my web page, Facebook and Instagram accounts. It has been done on try and error. Now I want to be able to do more and definitely better.

Helena Abbo

By Elijah K

Apr 2, 2021

Its an amazing course, i have learned a lot of new things that i never knew before and i am grateful for that. The application of the new technology and shifting from old to new digital era is inevitable and for anybody who will not migrate to the new era will not have a chance to do business or even succeed in their business or work. Thanks to you Aric and the entire team for this great journey. Salute and God bless.

By Saeed M

Jun 26, 2020

i dont know if other courses are the same, but what really amazed me here that there was different ways of recieving information, either by videos with the instructor Aric , reading articles, quick quizes, required and optional assignments, making different ways of learning make the learning path not boring and that was enjoyment for me, its not just videos and videos , its mixed ways of learning thats what i loved it

By Игорь Е

Jan 14, 2021

Thanks a lot to Professor and all his team who worked on this course. Before I have enrolled I had no clue about Marketing.. Thanks to a great way of delivering knowledge and experience now I have a clear understanding of basic things (foundation of four Ps) what marketing is and why we need this knowledge in modern world and current circumstances... One more time thanks a lot and hope for further interaction.

By Mohamad R O H

Oct 31, 2020

Mr. Aric provided so much insight and great real life examples about how digital marketing is truly changing the landscape right now and how it will impact our future lives as well. I'm an Electrical Engineering graduate, but I just am interested in learning new things that I'm interested in, and this Digital Marketing course was the perfect introduction for me. The teacher seems amazing as well, so that's a bonus!

By Hammad R

Jul 8, 2020

I learned about Four P's back in my O-levels and those Four P's were outdated ones because of the digitization in the world. The course has enabled me to upgrade my knowledge about Four P's by analyzing the examples of well-known companies. Professor Aric's teaching style is way more than excellent as he demonstrated all the concepts in a clear and concise way. Looking forward to learn more from Coursera courses.

By Lena S

A really great course. I learned a lot and the course was logically structured. The scope was large, but not too much. I thought it was very good that you had to write practical exercises and essays. This definitely deepens the knowledge better than "just" quiz questions. The way the professor presented was very easy to understand and you could listen really very well. Interesting course! Thank you. 5 / 5 stars!

By GAURAV K S

Sep 16, 2020

I really loved the course. It was so useful as at same time I was changing my website and re-doing my blog. Shame i missed timing and couldn't submit my assignments.As english is not my first language it would took some time for me to write on the basis I was taught. Anyways I've done a much better job in portuguese in my blog. I would like to submit an english version of what I've been writing after the course.

By Ivan R

Nov 28, 2020

Maybe it needs, but just maybe, rearranging of examples for the brands product/promotion/placement/price. And peer grade assignments are not attractive to be completed, at least for me. Professor is awesome, you can see that he really put an effort to make the course, he updated the course as well! I have learned a lot of new stuff, made me explore further for every subject, and some things wore eye-opening!