Back to Marketing in a Digital World

This course examines how digital tools, such as the Internet, smartphones, and 3D printing, are revolutionizing the world of marketing by changing the roles and practices of firms and consumers. Marketing in a Digital World is one of the most popular courses on Coursera with over 250,000 learners and is rated by Class Central as one of the Top 50 MOOCs of All Time (https://www.class-central.com/report/top-moocs/). You will be able to: • Understand how particular digital tools are changing the development of products • Explain how digital tools allow for a more active role in promotion activities and product distribution • Understand the role of the customer in setting the price of goods and services through digital tools This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

Oct 8, 2019

With no prior knowledge of digital marketing, this course helped me to understand all the basic concepts and enhance my interest in marketing field. I have already enrolled myself into another course.

MS
Jun 23, 2020

Very interesting perspective, way different from the general marketing courses available. The course covers new and emerging dimensions of the digital world. Love to attend more courses. All the best!

226 - 250 of 4,911 Reviews for Marketing in a Digital World

By Syed A A

Oct 7, 2020

It is one of the best marketing courses I have ever taken (hardly takes a week to complete). The content and the practical examples given in this course is very helpful. After this course, you start seeing Marketing Mix from a different perspective.

Big thanks to Mr. Aric Rindfleisch and University of Illinois for making such informative course.

By Asha P

Oct 21, 2019

Peer review was a good way to get an insight into what my classmates were thinking. That being said making it optional will help people complete the course quickly without having to wait on assignments to grade. Secondly, the cases were excellent but still 10 years old. It would be good to do a more recent case study (issue from last two years).

By Arpita P

Nov 18, 2017

I am a graduate student of MBA in Marketing. This is the first time I have taken a course on Coursera and it has been an amazing experience. This course has provided me with so much information and helpful resources to study. It is a well-organized course with readings before a lecture, videos, case studies, assignments and quizzes. Delighted!

By Amin k

Oct 28, 2016

I took some online course from other websites about SEO and digital marketing before, but this course is different ! It goes deep in marketing concepts and help students to gain new ideas about how to marketing in a digital world !

This course has many valuable peer graded assignments which help students to understand course's materials better.

By Predrag T

Aug 3, 2020

This is my first course on Coursera and I can say that I am very satisfied. Professor Aric Rindfleisch is a great instructor and educator. The course is designed and segmented so that it simply entices you to go further. It is extremely interesting and instructive. I enjoyed it and can’t wait for the other courses within this specialization.

By Deborah K

Oct 19, 2018

I enjoyed this class very much! I was impressed with Prof. Aric's teaching style and the way he used interesting case studies to give us examples of how digital marketing techniques worked (or didn't work) in the real world. The projects gave my critical thinking skills a workout. Loved my first Coursera course and ready to dive in for more!

By Zeeshan R

Oct 4, 2019

First of all thanks to Coursera and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for making it possible for us to learn this amazing course. I would like to thank course instructors especially Sir Aric Rindfleisch for sharing all deep insights and knowledge with students. I am so excited to implement what I have learned in this course.

By Jennifer

Aug 26, 2015

Loved the content. The instructor was great. The assignments were interesting and beneficial. I feel like I learnt a lot. The only aspect I didn't like was the "view from the quad" section. I quality wasn't great, and I didn't learn any new insights. Plus they always had the same 4 people they were interviewing so not a great sample size.

By Gustavo A P

Sep 8, 2020

One of the best courses I ever attended. Clear, fun, and very interesting. The Course's professor was beyond excellent. His methodology and examples were of great quality. Also, as a non-native English speaker, his lectures were clear and easy so easy to understand. Thanks for letting me be part, and learn, from this excellent course.

By Rama S C

Jul 25, 2019

Being a beginner in Digital Marketing, I felt this course very interesting and easy to understand. Dr. Aric Rindfleisch's teaching is well organized and the videos were clearly presented, and thus helped me to clearly understand the fundamentals of this course. The course further motivated and helped boost my interest in this subject.

By Debbie M

Apr 14, 2019

I like the course and I think it is a course that you really need to think and be creative on the marketing strategy. I really like those case studies in the real world that you see different business try to do something to fulfill the world of digital marketing. It is an easy course for the beginner to understand the marketing world

By PATRICK B

With less knowledge with the trend in Digital Marketing, This course has opened so much doors for me and a brand new perspective in life. I have learned so many new things (compared when I took Marketing courses back in 2002). I am planning to complete all six course affiliated to this and hoping to apply for the I-MBA down the road.

By Srohit R

May 6, 2020

It is a very helpful course.

I would encourage people from the Marketing background to please take this course to enhance your knowledge further. The Professor who taught the course is just exceptional. His way of teaching, examples and case studies made it more easy for me to learn and progress.

Keep Learning.

All the best to everyone.

By Mangiza P

Feb 25, 2018

Great course. I learnt a lot on implications of digital on the 4ps. Though I work in a more traditional marketing function, with a product that will probably continue to be distributed using conventional channels (cement), I see some lessons I can take back to the office as we all try to use the power of digital that is now with us.

By Gopakumar V S

Sep 8, 2017

I'm very excited completing each module in this course. Very useful, interesting, more over exciting topics. I don't have words to say about the course but really valuable and about assignment each peer should have the basic idea about the topic to go forward next level. So I really enjoyed the course and to complete to more module.

By Norma C P P

Jul 28, 2017

It was an incredible introduction to the world of marketing Im a chemical and safety engineer but I am looking new horizons. I think this is a new opportunity for my professional carrier. Aric congratulations, it is not only to know about it but let us understand thats what matter. Im enthusiastic with this course :) , Best Rgs,

By shannon h

Oct 21, 2020

Loved it. A simple overview of current digital marketing concepts to help me better talk the talk in an interview. The extra bonus was the 3D printer discussion. I have 3 of them in my workspace and my friends and colleagues call them magic makers. So cool - prices have come way down so everyone should have one in their home.

By Naairah S

Jun 27, 2020

This was quite an introductory inclusive course with up-to-date digital practises in the current market. The instructions for the assignments are specific and easy to understand and grade. The assignments also provide hands-on experience with the topics taught in the module.

Great thanks to the University, Instructor, and Coursera.

By Chan S S

Nov 6, 2020

It is an amazing experience to study online with the easy access of the course platform and flexibility given to work and study at your own pace. I am most delighted to say that I am proud to pass the Digital Marketing course 1 without any hassle. Happy to have completed the course and hope to continue learning through Coursera.

By Majid S

Jul 26, 2020

Great course - easy to follow and a great insight intro into digital marketing. Very modern with interesting examples of how well known companies have marketed their products and services. A very understandable, interactive and practical approach that I can apply to the foundations of my digital marketing practices going forward.

By Adel Z

Jul 29, 2019

This was one of the best course I've ever taken on Coursera! I love how Professor Rindfleisch is dedicated to his work and made everything so entertaining and educational at the same time. I also must note the perfect structure of lessons, assignments, and projects. Thanks a lot to everyone who was involved in making this course.

By Raghuraman

Dec 17, 2019

A wonderful course to kickstart my Digital Marketing specialization.A course with Interactive lectures along with resourceful reading materials. Not to forget, an excellent work by professor Aric Rindfleisch. A big thanks to the Coursera and University of Illinois at Urbana champaign, for producing this wonderful content.

Regards

By Rustam I

Sep 13, 2015

I would like to express my gratitude to the Coursera and LMU .The course is done perfectly : not boring , interactive , quizes and excellent explanation in details by professor Tobias. I acquire a lot of knowledge from this course and I strongly believe that this course will expand not only by skills but also career perspective.

By Mette L

Jun 28, 2016

I think this is one of the best learning experiences I have had as a professional (adult). It's academically founded, but I don't get confounded. Its mix of short video lectures, pop quizzes, real life case studies and assignments is perfect for keeping my attention while ensuring that I actually learn and retain that learning.

By Nayeema K

Aug 19, 2020

Without any prior knowledge of digital marketing I enrolled myself in this course.I thoroughly enjoyed learning and this course helped me to understand all the basic concepts.Our INSTRUCTOR was amazing and did a great job.Definitely worth it.Thanks Coursera and University of Illinois for affording us with such an opportunity.