Back to Marketing in a Digital World

This course examines how new digital tools, such as the Internet, smartphones, and 3D printing, are revolutionizing the world of marketing by changing the roles and practices of both firms and consumers. Marketing in a Digital World is one of the most popular courses on Coursera with over 500,000 learners and is rated by Class Central as one of the Top 50 MOOCs of All Time (https://www.class-central.com/report/top-moocs/). You will be able to: • Understand how digital tools are changing the nature of marketing • Explain how digital tools allow consumers to take a more active role in product development, promotion, placement, and pricing activities • Obtain a new set of concepts, tools, and stories to enhance your digital marketing efforts This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

MS

This is very helpful in making me learning about marketing in digital world. This is also going to be helpful for me in future. And as well the certificate of this will be beneficial for me in future.

Oct 8, 2019

With no prior knowledge of digital marketing, this course helped me to understand all the basic concepts and enhance my interest in marketing field. I have already enrolled myself into another course.

276 - 300 of 5,021 Reviews for Marketing in a Digital World

By C

The information was timely and interesting, though I'm a little unsure about the quality of some of the peer reviews and feedback. I like the pace and the content and appreciated the recent updates that were made about COVID19. It impressed me that they take the time and interest to keep the material relevant.

By sanchit b

Nov 6, 2017

This Course is very useful as it is presented in very organised manner .The most interactive thing that any candidate can enroll and learn how the marketing trend is changing from legacy way of marketing to digital Marketing .

The control has been transformed from firms to consumers and how things are changing

By Mary B

Oh of course!! The Coursera Digital Marketing Specialization is the best I have come across and I say a big thank you to Coursera for the opportunity that made me a part of this amazing journey. I will recommend this specialization to anyone who's looking to make a career in Digital Marketing. It's worth it.

By Ximena

Jul 24, 2017

Es un curso muy completo que aborda de manera puntual los distintos puntos del temario y permite actividades prácticas que permiten asimilar mejor el conocimiento. Los foros y el que los alumnos nos califiquemos entre nosotros ayuda a encontrar puntos de vista que no se nos habrían ocurrido y aprender mejor.

By Suyash C

Nov 12, 2016

The course is really helpful for marketing beginners. It explains the four P's of marketing and explains how the digital world is changing traditional marketing practices. The course also has a case study and a exercise per week which are very helpful in better understanding the concepts taught in that week.

By Ciix N

Aug 21, 2021

I like the way he brings in ideas from the research paper on each concept, it gives a fresher, more improved perspective. The teaching method and slide content are easy to understand as well as help learners link the progress of the course. I was completely absorbed in the course and didn't get bored at all

By Thakur R V

May 4, 2020

best course to learn digital marketing basics and video lectures are best and exercise are best add on so we can get idea about how much we understand and giving lecture based on article which are released by experts helps the most and peer graded assignment are good way to implement the knowledge we gain

By Mukul K

Feb 7, 2018

This course is one of the best available resource in the market in terms of Digital marketing trends. It covers all the unique way that big firms have used to market themselves and set an example for the whole world to follow. A must study course for the one who believes that marketing is their cup of tea.

By Daniel Á T v

Feb 8, 2016

This course is fantastic. The americans are objective, practical and all the things that we are learning have an effective application. Our schools and teachers in Brazil have a lot to learn about how to be pragmatic to focus the energy and time to provide solutions that can improve the life of our people.

By Juliet T

Mar 19, 2021

I've never taken a class on marketing so I found all the information interesting and helpful. The case study assigments were particularly insightful. I enjoyed Prof. Rindfleisch's easy-going presentation style and the content was easily understood. Maybe more current examples and resources could be added.

By Golam M

Jul 7, 2020

It was an excellent experience. Well paced and excellent instruction. Anybody who is new in this sector will get a full picture and older ones will be amazed to learn how things have changed. Our instructor's on point teaching clears the air how we should think and make strategy in this new marketing era.

By Moksha M

Jun 27, 2020

This is hands down, one of the best courses I have taken. The instructor is amazing and the course is structured perfectly to engage the student from start to finish. I am looking forward to completing more courses like these in order to gain my specialization. Thank you so much for this wonderful course.

By Pranjal K P

Nov 30, 2017

Very nice course. Made me familiar with many case studies that happened around the world wrt digital marketing. Through all those case studies I came to know many features of effective digital marketing .Also got a deeper insight into various features of marketing i.e Produc , Promotion, Price & Placement

By Guruprasad K

Aug 25, 2020

Amazing insights and this is a door to marketing in this digital transformation. The classes and assignments are really fun and engaging, especially the one on Tesla and Threadless. I learnt a lot from this course and would highly recommend to someone who’s interested in the world of marketing. Thank you

By НАУМЕНКО В С

May 4, 2020

It is interesting and really practical course. I understand that I can use gained knowledge in my future. Second and third week are the most useful. Fourth week let me consolidate my knowledge about freeminium and PWYW concepts.

Thank you for this course. You inspired me to learn Marketing in the future!

By Elisa P P

Sep 6, 2019

I loved this course! It's a hands-on approach, and the peer-reviewed assignments makes it easy for students to interact and receive constructive feedback. It's a course to get started in the marketing concepts, I would recommend it to anyone trying to get an idea of what digital marketing is and implies.

By Sarah M

Oct 2, 2017

What a great class! I've been in marketing for 30 years and had several CMO jobs ... and I still learned a lot. It is a great course for mid term or experienced professionals to update their skills and bring their knowledge current. I'm excited to keep going through the courses in the specialization ...

By Tinuoye T A

Jul 23, 2020

Such a wonderful experience as this is my first time of going through an online class. The tutor, Professor Aris explained each modules in details which is quite amazing. I need to move forward by exploring other courses in this specialization

By Edilson P B

Aug 11, 2020

This is my first experience in a digital course in a foreign language and it has been very satisfying and enriching. The videos are very clear and the readings allow you to delve deeper into the subject. Great to able to know the opinions of yours classmates when reviewing the assignments. Excellent!!

By Lisett M T

Jun 11, 2020

Marketing in a Digital World has a lot of valuable information about new approaches and traditional ways of the Marketing Mix aka 4 P's. I found it very surprising how up-to-date the studies and examples were in that course, and send my gratitude for the shared knowledge to Professor Aric Rindfleisch!

By Zoe L

Nov 29, 2020

Very informative and having joy in learning something new about marketing in the digital world.

Was very impressed with the modules that were updated with the COVID-19 situation which makes it very relevant. This provides a lot of confidence that we are taught with the latest and updated information.

By Utkarsh V

Jul 1, 2020

The professor explained every concept so amazingly that I everything seemed so simple to understand. He used great examples to make it more easy and understandable for students. The course itself seems very interesting providing vast knowledge about various terms and concepts. I loved this course!!!!

By Kennedy M S

Jul 12, 2021

Thank you for your attention, this opinion is personal, it is based on my criteria and ways of understanding this course, therefore I thank the Coursera platform for the opportunity and the best experience in digital education for allowing this great ILLINOIS University to expose its great Courses .

By agpmintl

Apr 19, 2020

Excellent Program. Program explained some of the key concepts of Marketing in Digital environment very well, in simple to understand language. Special mention for Professor Aric Rindfleisch, he explained all concepts very Beautifully, he was one of my key reasons I was able to complete the program!!

By Muskan C

Feb 21, 2021

Loved the fact that the duration of videos our so small yet so informative and Sir Aric Rindfleisch way of teaching is good. He made it so easy to understand. The examples he used made it a lot easier and made me learn faster. I really respect him as my teacher. A great teacher. Thank You so much.