Back to Marketing in a Digital World

This course examines how new digital tools, such as the Internet, smartphones, and 3D printing, are revolutionizing the world of marketing by changing the roles and practices of both firms and consumers. Marketing in a Digital World is one of the most popular courses on Coursera with over 500,000 learners and is rated by Class Central as one of the Top 50 MOOCs of All Time (https://www.class-central.com/report/top-moocs/). You will be able to: • Understand how digital tools are changing the nature of marketing • Explain how digital tools allow consumers to take a more active role in product development, promotion, placement, and pricing activities • Obtain a new set of concepts, tools, and stories to enhance your digital marketing efforts This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

Oct 8, 2019

With no prior knowledge of digital marketing, this course helped me to understand all the basic concepts and enhance my interest in marketing field. I have already enrolled myself into another course.

MS
Jun 23, 2020

Very interesting perspective, way different from the general marketing courses available. The course covers new and emerging dimensions of the digital world. Love to attend more courses. All the best!

4226 - 4250 of 5,070 Reviews for Marketing in a Digital World

By ED C A

Nov 1, 2020

Maybe because it was an intro to the specialization, but it’s not much digital marketing or marketing in general. If you don’t know anything about marketing, it might be a good course for beginners. Otherwise, there may be other courses that delve more in depth on the matter. The instructor was nice tho.

By Silvino L

Jan 14, 2018

In general, the course provides good information about the impacts of digitalisation on some elements of the marketing mix. I felt like the cases are a little old fashioned. Perhaps victims of the context of the rapid changes we are experiencing through digital transformation. Just another challenge !!!

By SHUBHAM K D

Feb 15, 2021

It definetely was a informative as well as a interesting and fun course with all the type of learning videos, articles, assignments. I found it really helpful and insightful though the tests could get a little better but overall it is one of the most helpful course with refrence to marketing students.

By SODIQ D

May 9, 2020

It was great privilege to start and finished this course successfully, actually this is my first time doing an online and I feel so happy, thanks to coursers for give us this kind of opportunity and I will also like to thank the Prof. For his optimum and incredibly teaching, thanks and God bless.

By Craig R T

Mar 23, 2020

Having majored in Marketing and got a B.S.B.A. from the Ohio State University, in 1984, I see that while some marketing concepts stay the same, the tools have dramatically changed. This course, while developed several years ago and probably needs some updating, highlights many of those changes.

By Bhawana c

Sep 5, 2018

i enjoyed the course and got to refresh my knowledge about digital marketing basics. the only problem i faced was in terms of peer grading, I wasn't valued correctly as few reviewers gave me 0 even though i had given a clear explanation. if this can be improved then the course will be great.

By Lamhot S

Mar 8, 2020

I love this course. The structure of the module and how it considers the digital environment in crafting our marketing strategy. How the modules delivered with reading material, video, use cases, feedback from peer, quiz for module review, really help me to understand all the modules well.

By SHANKHADEEP S

Jun 13, 2020

Great as a foundational level course. Lucid explanations and really thought-provoking assignments. Though many of the assignments submitted that I came across in the peer review system were either plagiarised or had completely irrelevant and often one letter("k") or one-word answers.

By Mina T

Sep 2, 2020

This course was absolutely brilliant. very well explained and easy to understand. the only problem is that the discussion forms are useless and it's only for asking people to review your work, and no one is interested in having an actual business-related and marketing discussion

By Daniel H

May 1, 2020

I have Marketing Research backround and found this couse a good introduction to the digital marketing world. I believe that I will either continue to take other digial marketing related course or continue with the ones I haven't had the time to finish. Nice course, thank you!

By Juhana P

Aug 7, 2016

The content of the course is very good. What I would improve are the Quizes; I'd concentrate more on key stuff, not include any questions concerning irrelevant details. Some of the assignment questions were also a bit unclear and the rating scales did not make sense at times.

By JOEL J 1

May 13, 2021

Its a good course with well arranged and organized study material, however, its too basic and generic. I would say its great for school going students but for people who are trying to learn actual SKILLS related to digital marketing then this is not the best course for you.

By Maria D

Apr 9, 2018

I like the course and is very helpful, but I got a little disappointed when I realized it an old course (2013-2015), digital marketing change constantly and I think the course needs a refresh of ideas. But in my personal opinion i liked the course and I enjoyed it a lot

By Benjamin A A

Oct 19, 2018

This course is just too interesting. I'm glad I took this course. It has exposed me to the changes taking place in the digital world as regards marketing. I recommend that everyone aspiring to be a professional in the marketing environment endeavor to take this course.

By Isha L

Jul 3, 2020

Very informative. I loved the way the course was carried out systematically. The professor was very apt in spreading knowledge by bringing in surveys, real-life examples, and practical recommendations for problems faced. Thoroughly and religiously enjoyed the process.

By Sree A

Jul 24, 2018

This was a great course as it covers the important aspects of marketing and how these ideas have been used in well established brands that we see everyday in life. The videos and tasks really helped to know topics thorough as they are all based on real life examples.

By Naman A

Oct 18, 2018

I find this course pretty exciting and interested for the beginners as everything is new for them in the field of digital marketing but this course provide a base standard for you on digital marketing and the case studies in this course are fantastic and engaging.

By José R H P

Feb 8, 2019

While there's some interesting information, and the presentation is excellent, a lot of the information presented is already old. Four years is a lot in the digital age, and there's some interesting developments in some areas that should be mentioned, but aren't.

By Tom T

Mar 3, 2019

The course was helpful, it provided a general view on how marketing change in digital world. Thanks professor for providing new concepts, ideas, stories & academic insights. I really appreciated what you & the whole team's effort in making such useful course.

By Rachel K

Although it may have taken me a while to finish this course. I really enjoyed the updated layout of the program. With the amount of quizzes, it helped to solidify what I was learning and also apply it to real world issues i'm currently tackling with my job.

By Jill E

Jun 5, 2018

This was a good course, however it was created in 2014 and as it is now 2018 I am not sure some of the 'hot topics' like Pay What You Want strategy, etc are completely current. Through Coursera itself I found it absolutely impossible to get technical help.

By Marcie Z B

Jun 8, 2016

They need to re-write the RedLaser module since RedLaser is no longer a thing. That was SO CONFUSING to figure out that I was very last-minute with that assignment; I had to go to Walmart to do it properly because it was still open that late Sunday night.

By Linda K

Jul 28, 2021

a valueable and timeintensive training that has provided new insights, even as an old hand in marketing. with great use cases, insights, and exercises, although not all exercises had the same requirements and were basically too much and unnecessary.

By Beatrix

Sep 21, 2019

I gain some insight related to how marketing works, however, I can't imply all the things I have learned from this course but it's still good for people who want to learn how pricing, designing a brand, marketing affect their marketing effectivity.

By Fausto S A B

Jan 25, 2017

Useful information for an introductory course to Digital Marketing. Study cases are interesting and engaging! Some topics are more related to IT than marketing itself. Would be great to update some of the reading resources since they are from 2012.