Back to Marketing in a Digital World

This course examines how digital tools, such as the Internet, smartphones, and 3D printing, are revolutionizing the world of marketing by changing the roles and practices of both firms and consumers. Marketing in a Digital World is one of the most popular courses on Coursera with over 250,000 Learners and is rated by Class Central as one of the Top 50 MOOCs of All Time (https://www.class-central.com/report/top-moocs/). The course was initially launched in 2015, and has been updated in April 2020. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

Oct 09, 2019

With no prior knowledge of digital marketing, this course helped me to understand all the basic concepts and enhance my interest in marketing field. I have already enrolled myself into another course.

MS

Jun 24, 2020

Very interesting perspective, way different from the general marketing courses available. The course covers new and emerging dimensions of the digital world. Love to attend more courses. All the best!

126 - 150 of 3,383 Reviews for Marketing in a Digital World

By M. M C A

Apr 06, 2020

I learnt lot about digital marketing which is totally new topic for me at first.Now at beginner level I have learnt more and more relevant to the topic.The lessons they have provided is clear and easy to understand. Exercise and assignments helps me to test myself how much am clear about the topic.Thanks Illinois University for helping me to learn with much interest and love.

By Abhishek A

Apr 19, 2020

This course is very useful for me..I register few month ago but re register this course and now i came to know about different new terms from this course like how the 4 ps of marketing will digitally run..The best thing i like by joining this course is that they provide the real life example which inturn helps in better clarity of thoughts.Thats the reason i rated 5 out of 5

By Arun S

Apr 14, 2017

Loved the way the concepts are introduced with real life examples of companies that are redefining how they do marketing by involving the customer, every step of the way and making them an integral part of the journey.

I am looking forward to the follow-up courses on this topic. I'd recommend it very highly to anyone who's eager to learn and understand more about this topic.

By Juan P

May 01, 2017

Really great course. I really enjoyed the activities, the practice in a course is fundamental for the success of acquiring knowledge. I definitely recommend it to anyone who wishes to learn the basics of the marketing mix, in the digital context. Aric is really clear explaining the subjects, but again, the course's success is based in the practice exercises of each module.

By Ramona M

Mar 11, 2020

Perfectly structured course! Gives very good understanding of the basic concepts and its implication in digital environment, and gives an opportunity to understand where to continue self-learning! Personally I am currently on a maternity leave thinking on changing profession and coursera app gave me an excellent opportunity to continue learning at difficult routine days!

By Yassin Z

Nov 18, 2017

This course is a must take , very helpful , easy , lots and lots of info and knowledge

the study cases is very good it really helps in the study .

the videos the readings ... very easy , not too long

best thing is prof Aric , is a smart men and knows how to delivery the knowledge to you.

i love to thank coursers and University of Illinois , and a BIG huge thanks to Prof Aric

By Devkant K

Apr 23, 2020

The content is relevant, contemporary and well-explained. Hands-on exercises, practical recommendations and recent academic studies are really helpful in understanding the opportunities and challenges created by digital tools in the marketing landscape. Thank you, Prof. Aric Rindfleisch and Illinois - Gies College of Business, for this informative and wonderful course.

By José J F C

Feb 24, 2016

As a Marketing enthusiast I found this course very interesting and with a refreshing approach to Marketing, namely making bridges to the new digital tools and how they impact on the Marketing Management. Finally I was a septic about e-learning and this course surprise me as it is very engaging and well structured. Congrats to all of the people who develop this course.

By Tahnee

Jun 02, 2017

Despite I couldn't complete all the course assesments because I can't afford that now, I really enjoyed all the lessons and I'm very happy with my increase knowledge about 4P's of marketing with a new perspective. This was very usefull to pay attention at new paths to make business trough the collaborative digital community.

Congratullations for the excelent work!

By Aditya G

Apr 15, 2020

Marketing in a digital world went quite amazing. So many concepts expalined in an intresting manner by taking examples that did out of the box. Research papers are discussed that gave intresting insights.

I woud recommend this course for people who are looking to purse their learning in Digital Marketing, Illinois University is a very good option to proceed with.

By Shantanu S

Jun 09, 2020

Its a great refresher course and I like the way it was structured with the traditional 4P's of marketing, that one learned long ago in B-School, being connected with the 4P's in the digital world. The content was concise and precise and just enough to give one an insight into the concepts of how to transition from the B&M world to he Digital world of marketing.

By Himanshu G

May 04, 2020

What a great course. I came in with no idea of what marketing entails and I am walking away with a lot of information. This course has broadened my horizon on what marketing is by discussing the 4Ps, helped me think creatively about problems by asking for improvement on ideas, and understand how fascinating and deep marketing can be by its numerous readings.

By JAVIER D S

Dec 27, 2018

Thank you for the opportunity to study in this great platform, thanks Coursera, without your support, I could not access quality education, in my country it is difficult to access this type of support and you have given it to me, I hope to continue counting on your help economic to spread among my students the quality of universities like Illinois. Thank you.

By Thanh H P W

Dec 25, 2017

This course has equipped me with rich knowledge about Digital marketing at its foundation. All the readings are very interesting too. I love doing the assignments, which urged me to dive deep into each subject. As a non-native English speaker, I found the instruction, structure of the professor and content are easy to follow. Thank you for a fruitful course!

By Waleed M

Jun 13, 2020

This is one of the best courses i have ever attended. Why? for the following points:

1- Very structured syllabus.

2- Many hands on exercises.

3- Very interesting topics and case studies connected with the real world.

I just wish if there is a discussion topics created by the course creators and we as students can discuss with them.

Thanks for the perfect course.

By Diana T

Mar 15, 2019

It does not repeat the common wisdom you will find in the regular textbooks. The course seeks to introduce new trends especially in the digital context. Highly recommended, also for more experienced marketing specialists. The linked articles could be updated, but I really enjoyed all included materials and after finishing I definitely feel more competent.

By Safwan H H A

Nov 03, 2017

Dr. Aric Rindflesch,

Thank you for everything you have done in this course. I really benefited and got many new skills as well. I'm totally interested in what you provided in the course such as cases study, 3D laboratory and the interviews with some scientist.

I hope I'll be able to get another course with you in the near future.

Best regards

Safwan

By shivani

May 14, 2017

This is a very insightful and engaging course ,unlike other courses one may find on Digital marketing which focus on social media,this focuses on the power of digital route and not just medium.

Found the Professor Aric Rindfleisch very very dedicated and structured in the classes conducted.

I am extremely thankful to have attended this class.

Thanks !

Shivani

By Jana S

Nov 06, 2016

The professor has clearly taken time to make the information as clear and concise as possible, which is highly appreciated. I think anyone who has an interest in understanding how new digital tools are shaping marketing decisions would highly benefit from this course as the information is as clear as it is crucial. I'm looking forward to the next class :)

By Swati P

Mar 18, 2018

Being a novice to this field this course provided me a good insight in the field of Digital Marketing. I started this course with intentions to add a new stream in my career and it proved 10 on 10 in that aspect. Looking forward for the remaining courses to gain a bit more in this field. Thanks to course era team for such a fabulous and detailed content.

By Chintan S

Jul 02, 2020

One of the most practical and helpful Digital Marketing Course I have come across till date.

I have spent more than 100 Hours in learning the different aspect of Digital Marketing and I must say this was one of the best by far. I recommend everyone to spend some time to learn about this amazing revolutionary change happening in the world of Marketing.

By Bernadine W

Sep 21, 2015

Excellent, interactive course! I enjoyed the assignments (both writing and reviewing of peers work). The quizzes were not obvious and did not require simple regurgitation of info but actual thinking! I found the lessons on DBI, PWYW and Choice Engines very interesting. Well done Aric and crew, your passion for marketing comes through in the lectures.

By James-Anthony G

Nov 13, 2015

Prof. Griffiths is outstanding! You inspired me each and every week, even when the topic weren't on my 'most desidered' list. You are information and entertaining, thank you! Thank you for your brilliant knowledge in this field and encouraging me each and every week. I look forward to International Organization Management, any idea when this may be?

By Hemant S

May 23, 2016

This course is knowledge heaven for someone looking for great insights into the field of Digital Marketing. Professor Aric Rindfleisch and University of Illinois have beautifully structured the course by blending both theoretical and practical aspects into this 4-week information curve that will meet all your needs with regard to Digital Marketing.

By JEYAKUMAR S

Mar 20, 2020

This is Not just for Digital marketing, I have been in the business for last 20 years. But what i knew was only traditional Business process of all the areas. Once i started the course, I felt like i am learning new things every in the digital world. Young or Old, student or Executive, I strongly recommend this course.

Thanks Dr. Aric Reindfliesh.