Back to Marketing in a Digital World

This course examines how digital tools, such as the Internet, smartphones, and 3D printing, are revolutionizing the world of marketing by changing the roles and practices of both firms and consumers. Marketing in a Digital World is one of the most popular courses on Coursera with over 250,000 Learners and is rated by Class Central as one of the Top 50 MOOCs of All Time (https://www.class-central.com/report/top-moocs/). The course was initially launched in 2015, and has been updated in April 2020. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

MS

This is very helpful in making me learning about marketing in digital world. This is also going to be helpful for me in future. And as well the certificate of this will be beneficial for me in future.

Oct 8, 2019

With no prior knowledge of digital marketing, this course helped me to understand all the basic concepts and enhance my interest in marketing field. I have already enrolled myself into another course.

126 - 150 of 4,120 Reviews for Marketing in a Digital World

By Helen A

Feb 13, 2018

I enjoyed taking this course.

My profession is not Marketing but I have decided to learn about it since everything is turning digital.

In my line of business I am also searching for digital media attention and trying to reach more targeted clients. I take care of my web page, Facebook and Instagram accounts. It has been done on try and error. Now I want to be able to do more and definitely better.

Helena Abbo

By Saeed M

Jun 25, 2020

i dont know if other courses are the same, but what really amazed me here that there was different ways of recieving information, either by videos with the instructor Aric , reading articles, quick quizes, required and optional assignments, making different ways of learning make the learning path not boring and that was enjoyment for me, its not just videos and videos , its mixed ways of learning thats what i loved it

By Mohamad R O H

Oct 31, 2020

Mr. Aric provided so much insight and great real life examples about how digital marketing is truly changing the landscape right now and how it will impact our future lives as well. I'm an Electrical Engineering graduate, but I just am interested in learning new things that I'm interested in, and this Digital Marketing course was the perfect introduction for me. The teacher seems amazing as well, so that's a bonus!

By Hammad R

Jul 8, 2020

I learned about Four P's back in my O-levels and those Four P's were outdated ones because of the digitization in the world. The course has enabled me to upgrade my knowledge about Four P's by analyzing the examples of well-known companies. Professor Aric's teaching style is way more than excellent as he demonstrated all the concepts in a clear and concise way. Looking forward to learn more from Coursera courses.

By Lena S

A really great course. I learned a lot and the course was logically structured. The scope was large, but not too much. I thought it was very good that you had to write practical exercises and essays. This definitely deepens the knowledge better than "just" quiz questions. The way the professor presented was very easy to understand and you could listen really very well. Interesting course! Thank you. 5 / 5 stars!

By GAURAV K S

Sep 16, 2020

I really loved the course. It was so useful as at same time I was changing my website and re-doing my blog. Shame i missed timing and couldn't submit my assignments.As english is not my first language it would took some time for me to write on the basis I was taught. Anyways I've done a much better job in portuguese in my blog. I would like to submit an english version of what I've been writing after the course.

By Hristina B

Nov 19, 2017

Excellent course, with very interesting topics, contemporary examples and case studies, and a really good way of structuring the information. Prof. Rindfleisch is a highly intelligent person, who is able to present even the most complicated matters in an understandable and practical way. Inspiring and very useful for my job and as a general source of knowledge focused on digital marketing. Highly recommended!

By Ravi S

Jun 5, 2017

Great Course, Great Content and Great Teacher.

I really liked every minute i spent on this course. Learned a lot and highly recommended for a Working professional, As it only takes few hours a week. I happen to complete some modules in 2 days time, with easy and intuitive learning method of Prof. Aric

For Prof Aric : I love to meet you in person some day, and would like to congratulate you for this great course

By Mustafa A M

Apr 20, 2020

I benefited a lot from this course, it was the most wonderful to me, I did not have a broad idea about digital marketing, now I have enough information to study and promote a product and choose the price and location style according to the strategies and tools I studied.

Thanks to the University of Illinois for accepting me in this course. I wish you all the best and best progress.

By 18UCMA268

Jul 4, 2020

The course was really amazing and i was able to understand each and every word of it. Professor Aric Rindfleisch made it a clear cut way to understand the course in every bits and pieces. The assignments i did was very challenging and appealing. I liked the way of grading the assignments by reviewing our fellow mates assignment. It is a way more approaching. I look forward to learn more with COURSERA

By Nabajyoti B

Oct 20, 2020

This is one of the most excellent courses I have ever enrolled online. I really appreciate the way all the concept has being explained and the examples provided makes it much more easier to grasp all the concept. The assignments are also insightful and I had the opportunity to work with several peers and was able to exchange our views and ideas which makes it even more interesting and interactive.

By Priyam S

Apr 12, 2020

This is an absolutely essential and wonderful course for people who need to brush up their marketing concepts and apply them in real-world case studies in the digital world. The way the course instructor taught the course made me so much keen towards applying to Gies Business School in the future. The peer-graded concept of marking case study allowed people to constructively learn from each other.

By Podshivalova I

May 15, 2020

It was fantastic experience, absolutely new for me, as I never had a chance to participate in American education! Everything was perfect - video with good quality and sound, good professor loving his work, nice visualization, subtitles. You also can see the progress of your study. Testing and peer-graded Assignment are very useful type of assessment. I learned a lot for sure. Thank you very much!

By Ibrahim M

Sep 15, 2020

This course has afforded me the opportunity to learn more about the Marketing mix in the modern business world and how firms and businesses are adjusting to better place themselves in the constantly changing world of the market. Also, I find the case studies and peer-reviewed assignments as a practical way of learning these concepts faster and better.

I give it a five-star rating! Well-deserved.

By Gamze Ö

May 7, 2020

I am very happy and satisfied about this course, the lessons and examples are very interesting.

But i must add that this course is not a detailed Digital Marketing course. It is basically about just Marketing 4Ps , which Dr. Aric also mentions that it wont be an intense one. So they provide what they say and i am happy with it.

And also i enjoyed listening to Dr. Aric, he is a nice professor.

By Anne N A A

Oct 20, 2020

Concepts were easy to understand and were explained very well using real-life examples. I appreciate the fact that all concepts were presented first as a general overview with definitions, then key issues and recommendations about the concept, and finally, published research studies about the concept. This approach makes it understandable even to those who do not have any background knowledge.

By Eunice C

May 15, 2020

One of the best courses I've done on Coursera. The lectures are really interesting and packed with great case studies. The quizzes are useful in helping to synthesize the learnings. It really helped to have the lecture notes typed out nicely in PDF for easier reviewing (some people learn better visually rather than aurally). Also, the honours assignment were really fun and thought-provoking.

By BANGKOLO G U

Jun 25, 2020

I am so grateful for Professor Aric Rindfleisch for the excellent course content and very good and lively presentations.

I have been equipped with a full knowledge of how digital tools impact marketing in our today world. With digitization rapidly take over traditional ways of working they could never have been better time for me to take this course.

Thanks Cousera for this wonderful platform

By Rakesh K

Jun 24, 2020

Was an eye-opener in many sense. Through this course, learned about a lot of brands & services, which we normally would have not got exposed to.

After the initial slow start to the course, it slowly became additive at times to complete the assignments and review as much assignments as possible to help fellow batch mates. Eagerly waiting to start the next course soon.

Thank you Prof. Aric!!!

By Joaquim P

Sep 16, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. As a suggestion for further improvement, I might de-emphasize the discussion of 3D printing (placement) and PWYW (pricing), which seem not to have become quite as impactful as they were expected to become, just a few years ago. Instead, I might beef up the discussion of more relevant topics, like freemium, for example. Otherwise, this was a great experience!

By AUGUSTO S

Sep 6, 2020

I had no knowledge of digital marketing and now I am starting to learn about it and I am fascinated, delighted about these courses. Marketing is a world apart that I think we must at least know the basics to understand this fascinating world that is involved in many of the activities of the human being. Manythanks to all the people involved in offering these courses and to Professor Aric

By Eleonora P

Mar 19, 2020

I am very far from the world of marketing, my education has nothing to do with it. This course was very informative and interesting for me. I touched something unknown, but so fascinating. Already eager to join the next course on marketing. Thanks to this platform for such an opportunity to study at leading higher educational institutions and to get acquainted with the latest information

By anna l d l f c

Oct 11, 2020

This is a very good course than initiates the student in the world of Marketing in the Digital World. The case studies are up to date, challenging and varied. The peer reviews could be daunting since we dont know each other so review tend to be short and evasive but I do learn a lot from the answers of different classmates from around the world. This is such a Global , Essential course!

By Seyedeh S B

Jun 20, 2020

The material is pretty up to date. The lectures are very well structured and well presented. The examples and academic studies were pretty informative. The quizzes are a great way to recap each part of the material. The assignments are also a great way to put the lessons into practice as well as to recap/reinforce the material. It is a great addition to the basic Marketing Mix concept.

By Pavithra S

Feb 5, 2019

I really enjoyed spending time in this course. I get to know so many new concepts. This course was more than amazing I should say. The syllabus and data was very informative. Interesting case studies, assignments that I admired a lot. Thank you coursera for giving me this opportunity to learn this course with financial aid. Finally thank you professor Aric for such enlightening classes.