Back to Introduction to Programming with MATLAB

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Programming with MATLAB by Vanderbilt University

This course teaches computer programming to those with little to no previous experience. It uses the programming system and language called MATLAB to do so because it is easy to learn, versatile and very useful for engineers and other professionals. MATLAB is a special-purpose language that is an excellent choice for writing moderate-size programs that solve problems involving the manipulation of numbers. The design of the language makes it possible to write a powerful program in a few lines. The problems may be relatively complex, while the MATLAB programs that solve them are relatively simple: relative, that is, to the equivalent program written in a general-purpose language, such as C++ or Java. As a result, MATLAB is being used in a wide variety of domains from the natural sciences, through all disciplines of engineering, to finance, and beyond, and it is heavily used in industry. Hence, a solid background in MATLAB is an indispensable skill in today’s job market. Nevertheless, this course is not a MATLAB tutorial. It is an introductory programming course that uses MATLAB to illustrate general concepts in computer science and programming. Students who successfully complete this course will become familiar with general concepts in computer science, gain an understanding of the general concepts of programming, and obtain a solid foundation in the use of MATLAB. Students taking the course will get a MATLAB Online license free of charge for the duration of the course. The students are encouraged to consult the eBook that this course is based on. More information about these resources can be found on the Resources menu on the right....

KB
Jun 23, 2020

I would like to thank vanderbilt university for providing such a wonderful course and i am much impressed by the use of the basic matrices in each and every programming purpose.thank you again!!!!:)))

DA
Jun 5, 2020

Instructor of this course Mike Fitzpatrick is a very good teacher who encourage students to do something new and interesting.\n\nI really enjoyed learning this course and learned new skills in MATLAB.

776 - 800 of 3,954 Reviews for Introduction to Programming with MATLAB

By INDRAJIT C

Feb 25, 2021

I am very happy to completing this course. This is very good programming. I also suggest to other to complete this course and know how to this programming is helpful to us.

By Subas M

Dec 11, 2020

Excellent teaching and excellent everything. I simply knew nothing of MATLAB before this course and now I know alot. I cannot thank enough. May God bless everyone involved.

By Nikhil A

Sep 24, 2020

This is a great course to learn the fundamentals of Matlab and programming. This course helps to understand the concepts and apply them in the exercises and work on Matlab.

By Satyajeet K

Jul 23, 2020

This course has given me a head start for my Master's degree coursework preparation. Now, I can work with matrices and apply MATLAB for advanced concepts and live projects.

By Avinash K

Apr 1, 2020

It is really a good course for learning MATLAB, it covers almost every topic. Though its an introductory course it is quite challenging for a intermediate level programmer.

By 甘一凡

Jul 3, 2020

This course does help me to improve my programming skills and train my programming thinking. The lecturer is very nice and all the assignments are classic and interesting.

By Navdeep G

Very helpful course for MATLAB beginners .It gives lots of basic concepts of MATLAB.The level of Course enhances as it reach to end .THANKS COURSERA !!! for this course..

By QUIÑONES, C M I

Apr 30, 2020

One of the best courses in Coursera that I've ever taken. The instructor teaches in a calm and not confusing manner, and the video gives easy-to-follow examples and tasks.

By Ezazul H S

Mar 31, 2020

It is an excellent course. Mike Fitzpatrick started from the basics and has covered a lot of things. I hope to build on the foundation that I have received in this course.

By Zhizhong D

Oct 22, 2018

this is a great MATLAB course. I already self-taught myself MATLAB before taking this course, but his course still gives me new knowledge and strengthens my understanding.

By Minh N

Mar 2, 2018

The course provide details on programming with MATLAB. Students can actually write codes after learning. However, the course does not cover Graphical User Interface (GUI).

By Ammar R

Aug 26, 2020

The course is designed in such a manner that if we are using MATLAB for the first time we can learn each and every thing as well. But the assignment for little more tough

By Abdeali S

Aug 20, 2020

Awesome experience with the best tutor. I am glad that I attend this course and got this opportunity to study from the great teachers of Vanderbilt university from India.

By VARTIKA K

Jul 25, 2020

This is very thorough course for those who want to learn programming in Matlab. Its perfect for beginners who have not any previous knowledge of any programming language

By Randall A

Jun 10, 2020

The lecturer is extremely engaging which is very amazing for an online lecture. He ensures that the lessons are fun even when the contents start to get dry and technical.

By João G R F C

May 14, 2020

Great Course!

I learned Matlab almost from scratch and now I'm fluent on it.

The homework is no joke, but looking back on it, it is probably why the course is so effective.

Aug 17, 2016

Excellent! Challenging HW Assignments. Lecture notes & Presentations cover the fundamentals of matlab in details. Good course to get started with programing using Matlab.

By Parth S

Sep 3, 2020

This is a very good course for learning Matlab from scratch, It teaches Matlab from very basis and for new learner it is a best course to start learning coding in MATLAB

By Buğrahan Y

Aug 26, 2020

Even though the exercises are really difficult in the las weeks, I enjoyed the whole course pretty much. Thanks for the course and the really good programming experience

By 陈易静

Jun 3, 2020

The teacher is very good at telling jokes, and I am very happy to learn MATLAB with him. Thank you for teaching me so much practical and efficient programming knowlegde.

By Jodie B

Apr 30, 2019

Exceptional course! The forum is fantastic with extremely helpful teaching staff. Would highly recommend. This course is definitely worth doing, I may even do it again!!

By Vatsal G

May 27, 2018

The instructor, book he referred, and the problem questions in the assignment were both fantastic and challenging. Special thanks to the instructor for guiding too well.

By Rohit S

Feb 5, 2017

Well this is the first time I learned any programming tool. I find overall course well defined. It helped me a lot. Thanks Vanderbilt, Coursera, Instructors and mentors.

By Suleman J

Sep 16, 2016

I have learned a lot, unforunately the level of difficulty was extraordinary hard. I spent endless hours reading, studying, and reasearching on solving certain problems.

By Shaz A 1

Nov 24, 2020

Problems given are very intuitive and complex. If done properly, can be very useful.

Rest, the overall course structure is well planned and focusses on what's necessary.