Back to Mechanics of Materials I: Fundamentals of Stress & Strain and Axial Loading

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mechanics of Materials I: Fundamentals of Stress & Strain and Axial Loading by Georgia Institute of Technology

This course explores the topic of solid objects subjected to stress and strain. The methods taught in the course are used to predict the response of engineering structures to various types of loading, and to analyze the vulnerability of these structures to various failure modes. Axial loading with be the focus in this course. ------------------------------ The copyright of all content and materials in this course are owned by either the Georgia Tech Research Corporation or Dr. Wayne Whiteman. By participating in the course or using the content or materials, whether in whole or in part, you agree that you may download and use any content and/or material in this course for your own personal, non-commercial use only in a manner consistent with a student of any academic course. Any other use of the content and materials, including use by other academic universities or entities, is prohibited without express written permission of the Georgia Tech Research Corporation. Interested parties may contact Dr. Wayne Whiteman directly for information regarding the procedure to obtain a non-exclusive license....

FA
Aug 28, 2020

A very useful course for getting a strong foundation in strength of materials course. Definitely recommend to all who wants to learn it. Looking forward to future courses. Dr. Whiteman is outstanding.

RR
Sep 8, 2018

51 - 75 of 672 Reviews for Mechanics of Materials I: Fundamentals of Stress & Strain and Axial Loading

By Divyansh S

Jun 1, 2020

The course content was greatfully carried out starting from the introduction to the end of the course. The examples made it very amazing to understand. The solutions to examples were clearly explained and it led me to built a good foundations of fundamentals of Axial Loading and Stress & Strain.

By MAYUKA S

Sep 8, 2021

Really enjoyed the course. Trainer is highly skilled and the way he teaching was perfect, easy to follow. Training material and course structure were 100% satisfy. I could brush-up my university lectures.

One of the best online course I've ever taken. I want to keep continue with another course.

By VICTOR K M M

Jul 21, 2020

Great course, I'm from Chile, I'm civil engineer. Este curso me ayudó a profundizar y fortalecer mis conocimientos en estructuras. Muy bien explicado por el profesor, se nota su gran conocimiento en el tema. Tomaré un nuevo curso con él. Estoy muy agradecido. Saludos. Victor Monsalve.

By Rahul S M

Apr 18, 2020

The course is very relevant to Mechanical, Civil, Industrial engineers. The instructor explains the thing very well, and everything is best viz. knowledge, explanation, examples, practicality, etc. Thanks a lot to the instructor (Prof. Wayne Whiteman, PE) for designing the course.

By Syed M A

May 22, 2020

It was really a great opportunity to learn the concept of mechanics from Dr. Whiteman, his amazing quality of delivering the concepts in a very easy, understandable way.

I want to thank Dr. Whiteman for designing this course and Coursera for providing us the platform to learn.

By BARAMAPPAGARI C

This course is very important for civil as well as for mechanical engineering. The instructor explained everything in detail with examples. Thanks a lot to the instructor for designing the course. This is clearing me all the basic concepts in stress and strain.

Thank you.

By Meshal A

At the beginning I'd like to thank Dr. Wayne Whiteman for a great effort and i wish him the best. I recommended this course for all mechanical engineers. small request from Dr.Wayne to add a references as (books, lectures,...) and mentioned in the last course or modules.

By Luis N H G

Sep 30, 2018

En lo personal este curso es muy bueno, soy estudiante de la universidad veracruzana y con este curso he mejorado mi conocimiento me ayudo a comprender mas sobre la mecánica y comportamiento de las estructuras que son sometidas esfuerzos para conocer su comportamiento.

By victor m c

Jul 30, 2017

Excelente material y profesor, muy recomendable para ingenieros que desean refrescar el conocimiento, tambien como curso introductorio para ver mecánica del medio continuo.

Disfrité mucho este curso y por ello seguiré con la serie de cursos del Profesor Whiteman

By Gary U

Jun 8, 2016

The course is well documented, now includes the complete transcript of the lesson and the downloadable pdf's of the drawings. Prof Wayne Whiteman discusses the lessons clearly and methodically and is encouraging for the problems. Thoroughly enjoyed the course!

By Melvin A

Apr 9, 2020

Had an amazing experience and a chance to learn a lot of new things....i would like to thank the professor for his incredibly helpful video lectures and also to coursera for giving me a chance to learn this course for free...that really really helped me a lot

By Mohammad M A

Feb 25, 2017

The course is really great, the way that the sir is teaching is a very helpful method, I thing he is injecting all the materials in my head and i can easily get it . thank you sir and a very big thanks for coursera for providing such an awesome course.

By Mahendra n G

Jul 5, 2020

it's a very good oppurtunity to take the course and successfull completion of course is done because of coursera, institution, professor and folks thank you. stay safe in these pandemic situation and interested to learn more and gain knowledge

By AS K

Jun 25, 2020

I am very grateful to the instructor and Coursera team for giving me an opportunity to avail of the certification for the courses which were audited by me way back. Instructor delivery and course contents are awesome.

Thanks a lot

By Ravindra K

May 14, 2017

A concise but very useful course. I wanted learn more about Mohr's circle but in the process, I learned a lot more from this course. I had already taken this kind of course 12 years ago but this was refreshing to go through again.

By Pradeep

Apr 20, 2017

The course is very much understandable. Each module is explained clearly and prerequisite knowledge of some concepts helps in getting good grades. Thanks for the financial aid. I would like to continue the Mechanics of materials II

By SHAKTI S B

Jun 9, 2020

I found this course quite helpful to understand behaviour of structures.Topics ,i was not good at earlier,became subject of interest as i started this course.This course was explained in very prrfect order so it was very helpful.

By Matthew R

Apr 20, 2017

The Mechanics of Materials course series is a must for any engineer. The material is presented in a logical and straight forward manner with applications to the real world. Dr. Whiteman is truly a a great teaching Professor!

By Manoj S

For Developing core fundamentals of Strength of Materials this course is a must. All thanks to Georgia Institute of Tech and Dr. Whitman for developing this course. Huge Kudos!!! to Coursera for making it available for free.

By Ben P

Jan 18, 2017

Learned a lot of interesting and useful concepts. The presentations were great, the exercises were challenging and the lecturer was very helpful in answering our questions. Looking forward to the other courses in the series!

By Tabish I

Jun 18, 2020

Excellent Course, I never thought that learning mechanics online would be so interesting and comfortable. The course plan was very good and Dr. Wayne Whiteman was very clear.

Thank You Georgia Tech and Dr. Wayne Whiteman

By Daniel O

Oct 9, 2018

This is a great course. I only wish a different problem book was used - it contains errors and the answers are not provided. Another solution is for the course staff to solve each problem first and publish their answers.

By Abhishek S S

May 14, 2020

It was really one the finest course on this particular topic. For new user kindly keep in mind that you really don't need to struggle at any point. The examples are straight to the point too. Overall it was 10 on 10.

By Rohan K

Jun 14, 2020

It was a great experience for me to study the fundamentals and moving to a slightly higher level. This course is truly useful not just for students but professors as well who want to clear their basics.

Thank you...

By Shriniwas B R

Jul 21, 2020

Course is very good .I learn lot from this course . But Course duration is not mentioned in the certificate Course duration is very essential for my promotion .So please mention Course duration in my certificate