Back to Mechanics: Motion, Forces, Energy and Gravity, from Particles to Planets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mechanics: Motion, Forces, Energy and Gravity, from Particles to Planets by UNSW Sydney (The University of New South Wales)

Most of the phenomena in the world around you are, at the fundamental level, based on physics, and much of physics is based on mechanics. Mechanics begins by quantifying motion, and then explaining it in terms of forces, energy and momentum. This allows us to analyse the operation of many familiar phenomena around us, but also the mechanics of planets, stars and galaxies. This on-demand course is recommended for senior high school and beginning university students and anyone with a curiosity about basic physics. (The survey tells us that it's often used by science teachers, too.) The course uses rich multimedia tutorials to present the material: film clips of key experiments, animations and worked example problems, all with a friendly narrator. You'll do a range of interesting practice problems, and in an optional component, you will use your ingenuity to complete at-home experiments using simple, everyday materials. You will need some high-school mathematics: arithmetic, a little algebra, quadratic equations, and the sine, cosine and tangent functions from trigonometry. The course does not use calculus. However, we do provide a study aid introducing the calculus that would accompany this course if it were taught in a university. By studying mechanics in this course, you will understand with greater depth many of the wonders around you in everyday life, in technology and in the universe at large. Meanwhile, we think you'll have some fun, too....

RV
Jul 20, 2016

Great course. Good explanations and examples. The quizes and tests are not very easy sometimes, but they do you let think again. Very enjoyable! Just the course I was looking for a long time!

G
Feb 4, 2021

This course is really great for aspiring physicists and engineers. This made me more interested in this this field and helped me in visualizing the inner workings of the universe.

26 - 50 of 115 Reviews for Mechanics: Motion, Forces, Energy and Gravity, from Particles to Planets

By ERESE , G M (

May 5, 2021

I love how this course caters to my needs, and improved me in the given topics developed by the course. I became more knowledgeable in the chosen course and I hope to apply what I learned in the future in my career.

By Keeran P

Apr 11, 2020

The course is challenging and made me think; it has deepened my understanding of physics and the world around me. It took me a long time to complete this course (over 40 hours), but I am glad I chose to take it.

By GATLABAYAN , A D (

Feb 5, 2021

By Yesid P

Feb 22, 2016

Sorprendente. Los contenidos se exponen de manera muy clara y completa, además, los tutores siempre están dispuestos a resolver las dudas que surjan.

By HERNANDEZ, M R (

Apr 17, 2020

Very informative course and the way the speakers voice out the lesson is not boring and it makes us more energetic to learn Phyiscs

By K.M M

Sep 2, 2021

Excellent course and also well-designed syllabus. Prof. Joe Wolfe's way of demonstration for each and every concepts are awesome.

By Khadija G

Jun 11, 2020

Best Course, Specially the quiz taking criteria is awsome, The concepts of significant figures is great.. Thanks

By Vinod P

Jun 9, 2020

Its a great course for beginner.The emphasis on significant figure was a good thing about this course

By Dherya V

Jan 3, 2021

such a nice course for those students who want to improve their mechanics so it is a good platform.

By andreas s

May 22, 2020

Professor Wolfe is amiable and engaging. The course is very interesting.

Great advert for UNSW.

By Paul D C

Feb 3, 2021

I like it learning this Physics subject in mechanics online without buying the expensive book.

By mirzamat d

Feb 21, 2021

I loved everyday life, challenging, interesting questions and the presenting of the course.

By Juan M S

Dec 21, 2016

EXCELENTE CURSO DE MECÁNICA. mUCHAS GRACIAS PROFESIOR. SOUTH WALES UNIVERSITY Y COURSERA,

By Tales R T C

Dec 16, 2016

Very fun and introduced in an intuitive manner, does not require advanced calculus!

By Gorka E G

Jun 9, 2016

Excepcional. Sobresaliente en todos los aspectos. ¡Quién tuviera estos profesores!

By Jitka Š

Sep 3, 2017

Great but challenging course. Lots of practice excersises, which is very useful.

By Mohammad A

Oct 16, 2019

Nice material was presented. Ienjoyed it. Need more such coursers.

By Adiqa H

Jun 11, 2020

This course help me a lots for gain of knowledge and information

By TAN , M M (

Jul 29, 2021

Great learning materials, I learned a lot. Thank you.

By Juan D

Feb 27, 2016

Great course. Really challenging but it's worth it .

By Josef P

Jan 22, 2018

Perfect Joe. Very intense, demanding, but fruitful!

By CLEMENTE, M J (

May 2, 2020

This course is very useful because of quarantine

By João L G A

Oct 5, 2015

I'm loving this course so far! I LOVE PHYSICS <3

By Faisal W

Feb 7, 2021

A must for student who wants to pursue physics.

By sanpawee p

Mar 21, 2021

Great course. Great teacher. Fun to learn.