Back to English for Media Literacy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Media Literacy by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Media Literacy, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about U.S. media literacy. In this course, you will explore different types of mass media, such as newspapers, magazines, television, and social media. This course will also give you the opportunity to develop a broader understanding of the role media plays in our lives, while building your vocabulary and giving you the language skills needed to analyze what you read and watch. The first unit in this course will provide an introduction to media literacy and give you an opportunity to evaluate your own media literacy level. In unit 2, you will learn how to identify facts versus opinions in the media. The next unit in the course will focus on the differences between social media and traditional media, while unit 4 will look at how gender and identity are covered in the media. In the final unit of the course, you will demonstrate your increased media literacy by through a culminating final project on social media. Development of this course was funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs Office of English Language Programs. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license....

DT
Jan 26, 2019

I learned a lot from this online course especially the skills in media literacy. Thank you very much University of Pennsylvania. God bless to all staff and the people behind this program. More power!

LB
Feb 8, 2019

This course helps people to b knowledgeable in a very accessible way. Through Coursra you can study even in different places. Also you will get a Certificate that will be valubale to every learner.

151 - 175 of 394 Reviews for English for Media Literacy

By Raqel S D

Jan 7, 2018

Excellent !!! Dynamic....!!!! very helpful....thank u very much Coursera Community

By Jasmine O

Jan 31, 2019

It makes us more keen when reading and writing articles/news! Thank you Coursera!

By Merboy V P

Jan 7, 2019

The course helped me to become media literate. Thank you so much and more power!

By Luu T L H

Nov 24, 2017

I found this course is very useful, practical and it helps me a lot in my life.

By TATENDA B M

Jun 8, 2017

its a good course quite educative and important in this era of vast technology

By Fesenko E S

May 6, 2017

Great, interesting, a lot of usefull information, thanks for this opportunity!

By Shkurupiy O Y

Apr 8, 2020

Very interesting and useful information for selfeducation and selfdevelopment

By Elmer H

Nov 19, 2017

I love it! This is one of my meaningful lessons in my social media journey.

By Jemima D

Apr 23, 2021

Loved this course super accessible, interesting and relevant to todays life!

By Luz M S

Excelente curso, aprendes sobre los medios de comunicación y la literacidad.

By Mary N C C P

May 15, 2020

I have learned so much from this course! It's simple, fun, and creative! :)

By Alina B A

Feb 17, 2020

I especially liked interactive assignments and peer review assignments

By CATHERINE L

Feb 13, 2019

The course is very engaging even though it's only done through online.

By Thu Z L

Nov 10, 2017

It's a wonderful course. I like the teaching style of the instructors.

By ABDULAHMID J A

Feb 4, 2019

interesting, entertaining , fascinating but highly scholarly tasking.

By Rachid Z

May 23, 2020

A very instructive course and excellent teachers. Thank you so much!

By Fayziev B

I liked this course very much and it was very useful for my English.

By Marouane E F

Mar 4, 2018

Excellent course, a lot of information and new things to discover !!

By Josefina G

Jun 27, 2020

Great course, it was very helpful for practicing my grammar skills!

By LYKA A E

Feb 4, 2019

The course is very helpful and coursera in itself is user friendly.

By Micaela N B

Apr 20, 2021

Great course, full of info and info that I enjoyed to learn about

By Kitaibekova A A

Apr 4, 2020

я благодарно организаторам данного курса! Очень всё ясно и чётко!

By Elisa B

Feb 20, 2021

The course was great. So interesting! I recommend it to you all.

By Attakorah I

Sep 22, 2019

I have really learnt a lot from this course. Thanks to coursera.

By Cres C

Sep 14, 2018

I have learned new things from this course and this is the best!