Back to Understanding Medical Research: Your Facebook Friend is Wrong

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Medical Research: Your Facebook Friend is Wrong by Yale University

How can you tell if the bold headlines seen on social media are truly touting the next big thing or if the article isn't worth the paper it's printed on? Understanding Medical Studies, will provide you with the tools and skills you need to critically interpret medical studies, and determine for yourself the difference between good and bad science. The course covers study-design, research methods, and statistical interpretation. It also delves into the dark side of medical research by covering fraud, biases, and common misinterpretations of data. Each lesson will highlight case-studies from real-world journal articles. By the end of this course, you'll have the tools you need to determine the trustworthiness of the scientific information you're reading and, of course, whether or not your Facebook friend is wrong. This course was made possible in part by the George M. O'Brien Kidney Center at Yale....

PB

Sep 27, 2021

I used to be in a statistics career field and use some of that knowledge for this course. I absolutely feel like it's easier to spot fraud and will help me have a critical eye for so many other areas!

JA

Jul 24, 2020

This is a great course that helps you interpret the correct way to read clinical studies. It's something I'll use, especially when and if I am asked to take a medication that has serious side effects.

501 - 525 of 546 Reviews for Understanding Medical Research: Your Facebook Friend is Wrong

By Asmaa Y

Nov 10, 2021

b​ien

By Alfiya. N

Oct 7, 2020

Good

By Mona A A

GOOD

By Emayamsavitha

Apr 29, 2020

Aug 31, 2020

n

By Blue W G

Jan 17, 2021

It was a very interesting and insightful course but it was also quite a bit difficult,(for me). Being it wasn't for your novice run-of-the-mill casual course taker. The course involve quite a bit of focus.

I really did appreciate the questions that popped up while going through a lesson. These questions made sure that you were actually paying attention and not in the kitchen making a cup of coffee, good thinking professor.

The end of the module quizzes were hard to pass because they were so few questions. I had to continuously take 3 of them over and over. In the end the point was drilled home, whatever I didn't know, I knew and I knew, I knew

By Julia W

Apr 24, 2021

Overall, this was a good course. I liked the way the information was presented. However, I think the professor laughing all the time, especially inappropriately when talking about death, is quite a distraction. The example on hitting your head with a hammer was also not of good taste. The information presented was very helpful overall, but it does tend to make one more cynical, especially the unit on bias. I almost stopped the course. I think there needs to be some balance on bias as that can occur in all studies. This unit made me feel cynical rather than just skeptical. I also felt he was 'reaching' for biases.

By Beatriz A R

Sep 8, 2020

Hola . Soy músico y me siento muy feliz de culminar este curso. me costó bastante. quiero expresar mi admiración por los médicos y todas las personas que trabajan en la salud de los seres humanos. Es algo muy difícil. Dios los bendiga grandemente. Mi admiración absoluta al Dr.F. Perry Wilson. Dios lo bendiga . Se puede mejorar la traducción al español por favor. Gracias a Coursera y a la universidad.