Back to Understanding Medical Research: Your Facebook Friend is Wrong

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Medical Research: Your Facebook Friend is Wrong by Yale University

How can you tell if the bold headlines seen on social media are truly touting the next big thing or if the article isn't worth the paper it's printed on? Understanding Medical Studies, will provide you with the tools and skills you need to critically interpret medical studies, and determine for yourself the difference between good and bad science. The course covers study-design, research methods, and statistical interpretation. It also delves into the dark side of medical research by covering fraud, biases, and common misinterpretations of data. Each lesson will highlight case-studies from real-world journal articles. By the end of this course, you'll have the tools you need to determine the trustworthiness of the scientific information you're reading and, of course, whether or not your Facebook friend is wrong. This course was made possible in part by the George M. O'Brien Kidney Center at Yale....

DW
Sep 27, 2020

Well organized and informative content. Dr. Wilson was an engaging and knowledgeable faculty member; I look forward to enrolling in another course under his leadership.\n\nCalvin E Woodland, EdD, PsyD

PB
Sep 27, 2021

I used to be in a statistics career field and use some of that knowledge for this course. I absolutely feel like it's easier to spot fraud and will help me have a critical eye for so many other areas!

251 - 275 of 504 Reviews for Understanding Medical Research: Your Facebook Friend is Wrong

By Mary A

Oct 26, 2020

Very engaging speaker, everything made simple but very informative, a good overview for medical research.

By shaimaa

Jul 19, 2020

Thank you so much Dr. Wilson, this is really very well structured course. it was very interesting course!

By Gigi M

Really enjoyed the course and Dr. Wilson. I feel that I do better understand how medical research works.

By Thundon N

Feb 1, 2021

GREAT course GREAT Talk I love it!

Thanks F. Perry Wilson who made epidemiology and biostatistics simple!

By gregg k

May 11, 2021

Excellent course on a sometimes very confusing subject matter. Dr Wilson is an outstanding instructor!

By Janine P

Apr 27, 2021

Excellent, informative and well executed--I audited it for a refresher and loved the layout and speed.

By Tracy D

Aug 24, 2020

Great course! Lots of valuable insights. Broke down big concepts into digestible chunks!

Two thumbs up.

By William R T

Apr 15, 2021

The best Coursera course I've taken yet. Timely, informative, great instructor, very well presented.

By Kate N

Mar 4, 2021

What a thrill. I loved every moment of this course and found it profoundly helpful. HIGHLY recommend.

By Cindy R

Dec 31, 2020

Excellent course with a fun, knowledgeable professor. I wish every course was so engaging. Thank you!

By Madhvendra S

Jul 14, 2020

This course is excellent . Anyone interested in learning about medical research can take this course.

By Yeldos Z

Aug 16, 2021

Most ever important course medical statistics for clinicians , scientists and students ! Thank you!

By Adriana A

Sep 14, 2020

Very well explained, very interesting classes, very good way of teaching to help us remember it all.

By Areeba Q

Aug 9, 2020

Great course, love the prof he explains things so well. Had a lot of fun with the examples he use :)

By Malek A

May 23, 2021

Great course and amazing instructor

I really enjoyed the journey and leaned a lot

I am so grateful !!

By Frances P

Jun 19, 2020

This was a great course! Thank you for making Medical Rsearch approachable to the every day person

By Marian M C

May 21, 2021

It couldn't have been explained better! Loved the content of this course and I fully recommend it

By Diane B

Jun 19, 2020

A bit more detailed and technical than I thought it might be. Videos and examples well done.

By Villarreal L

Nov 20, 2021

Excellent speaker, he made it look very easy, hopefully he would find more courses from him.

By cynthia r

Jan 26, 2021

I gained more knowledge after reviewing Research again. I had my BSN class way back in 2008.

By Marwa S

Jul 6, 2020

A perfect course for a beginner interested in statistics and critical appraisal of research.

By Jenny L C

Jul 13, 2020

Excellent course! Loved the way the professor used humor in getting the information across.

By John W

May 22, 2020

Very concise and great analogy and stories. First time I truly understood what P value is.

By Maryam K

Jul 7, 2021

I​ recommend this to all medstudents and those who like to learn about medical literature