Back to Understanding Medical Research: Your Facebook Friend is Wrong

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Medical Research: Your Facebook Friend is Wrong by Yale University

How can you tell if the bold headlines seen on social media are truly touting the next big thing or if the article isn't worth the paper it's printed on? Understanding Medical Studies, will provide you with the tools and skills you need to critically interpret medical studies, and determine for yourself the difference between good and bad science. The course covers study-design, research methods, and statistical interpretation. It also delves into the dark side of medical research by covering fraud, biases, and common misinterpretations of data. Each lesson will highlight case-studies from real-world journal articles. By the end of this course, you'll have the tools you need to determine the trustworthiness of the scientific information you're reading and, of course, whether or not your Facebook friend is wrong. This course was made possible in part by the George M. O'Brien Kidney Center at Yale....

JA
Jul 24, 2020

This is a great course that helps you interpret the correct way to read clinical studies. It's something I'll use, especially when and if I am asked to take a medication that has serious side effects.

LT
Apr 29, 2020

I enjoy studying this course , the material and video example are well made ,and easy to understand too . Overall this course is great and really helpful it also help me improve on my judgement skill.

26 - 50 of 462 Reviews for Understanding Medical Research: Your Facebook Friend is Wrong

By Francesco R

Dec 6, 2020

Very well done and high quality course, thanks to Yale University and professor Perry Wilson. I have really appreciated the format and the way the contents have been explained.

Some arguments I have always had some problem to understand (such as p-value and RR or AR) are now clearer and more manageable.

thanks again,

Francesco

By Judy L

Jun 6, 2020

Excellent class with an engaging research physician who thoroughly enjoys statistics. Extremely relevant information on how-to interpret current medical news on Covid-19. Thoroughly enjoyed format with an excellent balance of fun scenarios and serious deconstruction of real journal articles. Recommend highly!

By Višnja Ž

May 12, 2020

Amazing course, I learned a lot. Thank you for pointing out all the different 'red flags' we should immediately be aware of and look for. The lecturer should do another course as soon as he can, and I expect that he continues to use the many funny scifi references. Thank you for making this.

By Jaime H

This course was excellent. Quality content that was educational, informative, and entertaining. Dr. Perry was factual and provided great examples. I would highly recommend this course, and I would take any other courses that Dr. Wilson offers.

By Marliz S

Jun 2, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and hope to refer back to the videos when I read medical articles or conclusions. I definitely recommend this course, not just for the great content, but also for the way it was presented. Engaging and fun!

By yewei g

May 9, 2020

Interesting course, amazing video examples, great teaching! Thank you so much! As an investor, I will no longer be intimidated by medical researches anymore. BTW, I think this course is invaluable in this crazy COVID-19 new world.

By Buck w

Jun 5, 2020

A fascinating course taught by an extraordinarily gifted, interesting and often funny professor. Dr. Wilson was able to explain complex concepts in surprisingly easy to understand terms. will look forward to his next course.

By Christiana L

This is the first MOOC that I've ever finished after attempting millions (take that as you will). It was very informative, engaging, fun, and timely! Thank you Dr. Wilson and the rest of the staff for this amazing course.

By kevin m

May 3, 2020

Incredibly good presentation of what can be a difficult subject to teach. Examples were great, style of delivery was relaxed and friendly. I loved this course. I'm a 65 year old male and am excited to continue to learn.

By Natalie S

Jul 6, 2020

Absolutely brilliant professor. Very engaging material, easily explained with vivid examples. I looked forward to watching the videos. I now feel more confident to read through medical literature thanks to Dr. Wilson!!!

By Claudia K

Aug 14, 2020

An amazing course! It definitely changed the way of reading manuscripts. I feel more confident and more aware of what I am reading. I definitely recommend this course, especially for medical professionals!

By Alice S

Aug 5, 2020

The course was really engaging and fun to follow, and Professor Wilson used great examples to help teach some of the harder-to-understand concepts. I learned a lot and I'm glad I took the course.

By Michelle S

Jun 9, 2020

I had a lot of fun learning how to understand medical reports. F. Perry Wilson's use of examples for the common person was useful. His lectures was very engaging and interesting. Thank you!

By Wendy R

Jul 15, 2020

Totally loved the course! It was very informative and interesting and easy to understand. It was also entertaining and engaging! Wish all courses were taught by Prof. Perry!!

By Giulia P

May 14, 2020

Incredible course. All amazing, how Dr. Perry teaches is unique. The material is easy to understand. I would recommend you 100% to enroll in this course.

By Michael V

May 15, 2020

A course every health professional should take. Informative and entertaining...that speaks volume for a course on medical research!

By Sophia W C H

Aug 15, 2020

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who made this well-fleshed out, simply-explained and beautifully presented course.

By Sylvia W

Jun 2, 2020

I write about medicine and thought I knew all this. I was wrong. Great information, delightfully told.

By Héloïse B

May 15, 2020

Great course. Very informative and fun way to learn more about statistics. I would definitely recommend.

By Isidora Z

Sep 11, 2020

One of the best and funniest teachers I've ever met. Thank you for all the lessons you taught us!

By Dr S K

Sep 13, 2020

Absolutely stunning course.... Felt it to be a bit lengthy. Needs patience. But wonderful

By Kristina J

May 13, 2020

Definitely recommend to learn this topics!

By Elene L

Aug 9, 2020

I liked the review for me of my past courses in stat and research methods. I do not think anyone who never has a stat course could even follow this course, But i did enjoy the course and the content.

By Meena M

May 8, 2020

It is very to understand to. Mee tq to learn this subject

By Roxanne B C

Jan 23, 2021

This course is amazing! I took this course to supplement my learnings in school as well as to help me do better at my job and I believe I learned much more than when I started. The professor is very engaging and the examples he uses - both real world and made up - are very easy to follow. He is able to explain things in lay terms which is very helpful - especially if you don't have a background in research - and inspiring because he makes me wanna be able to explain it in the same way to other people to help them understand. The quizzes are fair and the articles cited are all very interesting. I also enjoyed the COVID related content which are very relevant nowadays. I highly recommend this course if you want to know more about understanding medical research or if you wanna brush up on your research knowledge. I look forward to another course taught by Dr. Wilson!