Back to Understanding Medical Research: Your Facebook Friend is Wrong

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Medical Research: Your Facebook Friend is Wrong by Yale University

How can you tell if the bold headlines seen on social media are truly touting the next big thing or if the article isn't worth the paper it's printed on? Understanding Medical Studies, will provide you with the tools and skills you need to critically interpret medical studies, and determine for yourself the difference between good and bad science. The course covers study-design, research methods, and statistical interpretation. It also delves into the dark side of medical research by covering fraud, biases, and common misinterpretations of data. Each lesson will highlight case-studies from real-world journal articles. By the end of this course, you'll have the tools you need to determine the trustworthiness of the scientific information you're reading and, of course, whether or not your Facebook friend is wrong. This course was made possible in part by the George M. O'Brien Kidney Center at Yale....

LT
Apr 29, 2020

I enjoy studying this course , the material and video example are well made ,and easy to understand too . Overall this course is great and really helpful it also help me improve on my judgement skill.

DW
Sep 27, 2020

Well organized and informative content. Dr. Wilson was an engaging and knowledgeable faculty member; I look forward to enrolling in another course under his leadership.\n\nCalvin E Woodland, EdD, PsyD

201 - 225 of 463 Reviews for Understanding Medical Research: Your Facebook Friend is Wrong

By giovannadavitti@mac.com

Jul 1, 2020

Phenomenally clear, engaging and intelligently put together

The very best course I have ever followed on Coursera and I have finished many!

By Fabio F

Jun 12, 2020

Incredible course altogether. Amazing teach, really informal delivery but content very engaging and thorough. Best course I've taken here

By Cheryl T

Jun 11, 2020

The speaker was amazing. Super engaging and had great real life examples that made this content very related and clear. Highly recomm

By IMRAN I

Jun 2, 2021

T​he best course i have attended to date. WIsh it never ended. Last 7 weeks were so amazing journey of understanding medical research.

By Bryony K

Feb 2, 2021

Really helpful and well-structured course. I understand so much more about what I'm reading in the news re the covid Vaccine data now.

By Alexander O

Jun 21, 2020

Great course! Very well explained how to read and understand medical studies, also this knowledge is transferable to other fields.

By Maximum D

Feb 23, 2021

Thank you so much for this course. It was fun and easy to follow and understand. I recommend highly to all medical professionals.

By Yasmeen E

Jan 30, 2021

Thanks too much..I have got strong and great benefit..the course is extremely helpful in my career.

Thanks for your great effort.

By Charlotte G

Dec 14, 2020

Excellent and humorous professor, simple and practical course. I feel lucky to finish this course and enjoyed during the course.

By Asmara M

Dec 3, 2020

Excellent and very immersive! I wish there had been an option to download the slides so I could annotate over them during class.

By Husain N A

Sep 7, 2020

I'm happy with the beautiful material (including some jokes)

motivated more about reading studies & doing some in the near future

By Andrea S

Great course. Lots of good information and challenging quizzes. Presented in an entertaining, logical format. Highly recommend.

By Singankutti A N S G

Nov 28, 2020

This course is more valuble and knowledgeable. I could improve my knowledge about statistics and reasearch through this course.

By Taweesup

Dec 30, 2020

This course is very good, easy to understand. Strongly recommend for anyone who want to really understand medical publication.

By Charlotte S

Jun 4, 2020

Brilliant course, in depth, fascinating and enlightening, and made really accessible by Dr Wilson's entertaining presentation.

By Andy C

Mar 2, 2021

A very interesting topic, once I started to understand the complexities. And Professor Wilson is really an excellent speaker.

By Arno H

Jun 25, 2020

These seven weeks gave me wonderful and useful tools to make THE difference between science and fake news. Thanks a lot!!

By David O

Jun 17, 2020

A remarkably comprehensive and concise examination of medical research, an emergingly important facet of media literacy.

By Duncan C

Feb 8, 2021

Enjoyed the lectures and the course content also feel better about my learnings related to medical research.

Many thanks

By Dinesh P

If you have the time then definitely take this course. It contains information that I will use for the rest of my life.

By Rita S

Nov 24, 2020

This course was a joy, thanks to Dr. Wilson. It was well organized and aimed for allowing the student to comprehend.

By Fardin K J

Jun 9, 2020

So far the best instructor I had. Very interesting and informative course. Much needed for the media persons I guess.

By SAKHR A M A

Aug 29, 2020

what i felt with this course was already statistically significant .

best wishes to all supervisors on this course .

By Carlos D P C

Jun 2, 2020

Es un curso excelente. He aprendido mucho y de una manera muy didáctica un tema que es relevante en la actualidad.

By Elizabeth o

Jun 23, 2020

You have the magic to teach statistic as a funny subject . I really don't wanted to finish the course. Thank you