Back to Microeconomics: The Power of Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Microeconomics: The Power of Markets by University of Pennsylvania

We make economics decisions every day: what to buy, whether to work or play, what to study. We respond to markets all the time: prices influence our decisions, markets signal where to put effort, they direct firms to produce certain goods over others. Economics is all around us. This course is an introduction to the microeconomic theory of markets: why we have them, how they work, what they accomplish. We will start with the concept of scarcity and how specialization according to comparative advantage helps us achieve more than we could alone. Next we model a marked using the tools of Supply and Demand and learn what well working markets accomplish and what their limit are. We end by exploring the impact of government intervention on perfect markets. Examples are taken from everyday life, from goods and services that we all purchase and use. We will apply the theory to current events and policy debates through weekly exercises. These will empower you to be an educated, critical thinker who can understand, analyze and evaluate market outcomes....

FP
Jan 18, 2020

Excellent course on the principles of markets and the effects of taxes and subsidies. Really enjoyed it and learned a lot. You definitely start to see the world around you in a different way.

WS
Mar 4, 2020

I really liked this course. The lecturer is able to convey terminologies clearly in a short time. The problems are more sophisticated and worth time thinking instead of just toy questions.

151 - 175 of 184 Reviews for Microeconomics: The Power of Markets

By Yasir A

Mar 9, 2016

very usfule course. It might need some explinations for how to do the math for each subject. I recommande it for begginars.

By Mark A B

Aug 5, 2018

Some really useful content covered in this course, which gets you thinking about supply and demand in a market.

By Geo P

Feb 12, 2018

Me gusto los vídeos cortos y los ejemplos, adicionalmente la literatura adicional es muy buena y amena.

By Shyam S

Aug 14, 2020

The tutor amazingly taught the course and it was easy for me to understand the nuances of the syllabus

By Rina C

Jun 22, 2017

I have never taken an Economics course before and this was a good Introduction to me

By Dazhi W

Sep 16, 2017

Great course. The concept of oppotunity cost is useful even outside the classroom.

By Xiaowei Y

Nov 17, 2016

Very interesting and useful! But it does not cover all issues of microeconomics.

By Aasif

Nov 18, 2019

The syllabus is

Pretty good

I like it

But some questions are tricky and hard

By Shivam C

Apr 24, 2020

This course helped me learning different concepts in microeconomics

By Sergei C

Jul 11, 2020

Nice introductory course. Helped me to get all basic concepts

By Kaushik R

Feb 22, 2018

Definitely worth taking for all interested in Economics

By Shaurya V K

Jun 8, 2017

Sometimes, the explanation is difficult to understand

By Jason L

Dec 25, 2019

The course material is very clear and easy to learn!

By H S

Feb 12, 2017

Good introductory course. Easy to understand.

By Raphael U

Aug 13, 2020

a greatly insightful class excited for pt. 2

By Vlad M

Aug 28, 2019

some of the questions are a bit ambiguous a

By pinakin j

May 14, 2020

Course was to good and knowledgeable also.

By 陈兴雷

Mar 1, 2016

老师的讲解清晰,英语词汇也挺简单的,推荐希望对微观经济学有初步了解的同学来学习一下!

By Albert Q

Apr 1, 2020

very good course to begin in economics

By Ishola M

Apr 17, 2020

The presentations are preety nice

By Tejal J