Back to Microeconomics Principles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Microeconomics Principles by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Most people make the incorrect assumption that economics is ONLY the study of money. My primary goal in this course is to shatter this belief. During this course, we will be addressing the above questions as well as many more relating to: -the environment -love and marriage -crime -labor markets -education -politics -sports -business My main goal is to show you the way economists think and how to use this analytical system to answer questions related not only to these and other important human issues but to anything you end up doing with your life after this class. After all, as you will quickly find out, I believe that everything is economics!...

VA
Mar 13, 2019

It's a very well made course. Special thanks to Dr Jose for conveying the fundamentals of Microeconomics in such a lucid and simple way which helps in developing a solid intuition for the subject. :)

FK
Jul 15, 2017

Great way to explain economics, especially for students with english as a second language. Thanks for dividing the videos into smaller parts making me able to plan my schedule in great flexibility.

376 - 400 of 454 Reviews for Microeconomics Principles

Oct 29, 2016

Great

By KOMAL K

Feb 27, 2021

good

By AVNEESH S

Feb 21, 2021

Good

By vishal s

Dec 1, 2020

best

By ANYI V

Aug 11, 2020

Good

By Yuliana p b

Aug 9, 2020

good

By Karen y

Aug 7, 2020

good

By Martha J M H

Aug 6, 2020

Good

By B S

GOOD

By Anne C

Jan 28, 2020

nice

By 김지우

Nov 12, 2018

good

By Chenyang H

Sep 15, 2018

GOOD

By 周琪

Oct 31, 2016

good

By UJJAWAL S B

Feb 15, 2021

By Daniela B L

Nov 26, 2020

By Heena M

Jan 8, 2021

A very clear and comprehensive course that puts the principles of microeconomics in real life practice. I gained knowledge of how to quantify the principles using supply/demand curves. Some of the calculations could be quite difficult and I would have appreciated just a slower explanation but otherwise I really enjoyed the class and have come out of it which a much clearer basic understanding of economic theory.

By Lukáš L

Jun 2, 2017

The course is great because it doesn’t throw graphs right away at you, but builds insight step by step with tomatoes and peppers instead. Then there is a breaking point at which you suddenly see those graphs as natural visualization of market powers.

The reason I am giving 4 ⭐︎ is that English subtitles are beyond horrible.

I wish there would be similar Macroeconomics course.

By Habib A

Dec 2, 2016

I expected more math from an economics course. The professor is very good at explaining and demonstrating different topics, but it would be very interesting if we see the actual math, even in details, behind all of these concepts. I think most people who take this course have passed calculus 1 and 2, so a little bit of math would make it way more interesting and useful.

By Anthony

Aug 2, 2017

Overall, great content. Really enjoyed the course.

My only (very minor) gripe is, the book is optional but I found the lectures alone skimmed or skipped a few small topics covers in quizzes. I'd probably say 98% of the stuff was covered. Overall, not a big deal, just a bit of a nuisance.

Would absolutely encourage others to take the course if there's an interest.

By Rudraksh D

Nov 1, 2020

The course is very well constructed by the university with practical examples and applications.Sometimes it is difficult to choose an answer from the options in quiz and hence very keen attention is required throughout the course which is again a plus point but can be frustrating at times!!

WELL DONE Dr JOSE!

By Tetala M S R

Mar 28, 2021

The best course on economics for beginners. The examples taken, case studies, references from daily life etc. for explaining how the economics work in our daily life are remarkable. Especially the explanation of demand-supply through a traditionally non-relatable topic in economics is really good.