Back to Microeconomics Principles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Microeconomics Principles by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Most people make the incorrect assumption that economics is ONLY the study of money. My primary goal in this course is to shatter this belief. During this course, we will be addressing the above questions as well as many more relating to: -the environment -love and marriage -crime -labor markets -education -politics -sports -business My main goal is to show you the way economists think and how to use this analytical system to answer questions related not only to these and other important human issues but to anything you end up doing with your life after this class. After all, as you will quickly find out, I believe that everything is economics!...

VA
Mar 13, 2019

It's a very well made course. Special thanks to Dr Jose for conveying the fundamentals of Microeconomics in such a lucid and simple way which helps in developing a solid intuition for the subject. :)

FK
Jul 15, 2017

Great way to explain economics, especially for students with english as a second language. Thanks for dividing the videos into smaller parts making me able to plan my schedule in great flexibility.

401 - 425 of 477 Reviews for Microeconomics Principles

By Martha J M H

Aug 6, 2020

Good

By B S

GOOD

By Anne C

Jan 28, 2020

nice

By 김지우

Nov 12, 2018

good

By Chenyang H

Sep 15, 2018

GOOD

By 周琪

Oct 31, 2016

good

By UJJAWAL S B

Feb 15, 2021

By Daniela B L

Nov 26, 2020

By Heena M

Jan 8, 2021

A very clear and comprehensive course that puts the principles of microeconomics in real life practice. I gained knowledge of how to quantify the principles using supply/demand curves. Some of the calculations could be quite difficult and I would have appreciated just a slower explanation but otherwise I really enjoyed the class and have come out of it which a much clearer basic understanding of economic theory.

By Lukáš L

Jun 2, 2017

The course is great because it doesn’t throw graphs right away at you, but builds insight step by step with tomatoes and peppers instead. Then there is a breaking point at which you suddenly see those graphs as natural visualization of market powers.

The reason I am giving 4 ⭐︎ is that English subtitles are beyond horrible.

I wish there would be similar Macroeconomics course.

By Habib A

Dec 2, 2016

I expected more math from an economics course. The professor is very good at explaining and demonstrating different topics, but it would be very interesting if we see the actual math, even in details, behind all of these concepts. I think most people who take this course have passed calculus 1 and 2, so a little bit of math would make it way more interesting and useful.

By Anthony

Aug 2, 2017

Overall, great content. Really enjoyed the course.

My only (very minor) gripe is, the book is optional but I found the lectures alone skimmed or skipped a few small topics covers in quizzes. I'd probably say 98% of the stuff was covered. Overall, not a big deal, just a bit of a nuisance.

Would absolutely encourage others to take the course if there's an interest.

By Jimmy R

May 9, 2021

Although I do wish more of the questions on quizzes dealt with the application of the concepts we learned each week, this course with a succinct way to gain fluency in the economic perspective. I can now look at a given policy, regulation, or proposal and ask myself if it makes sense economically. I couldn't do that before this course.

By Rudraksh D

Nov 1, 2020

The course is very well constructed by the university with practical examples and applications.Sometimes it is difficult to choose an answer from the options in quiz and hence very keen attention is required throughout the course which is again a plus point but can be frustrating at times!!

WELL DONE Dr JOSE!

By Tetala M S R

Mar 28, 2021

The best course on economics for beginners. The examples taken, case studies, references from daily life etc. for explaining how the economics work in our daily life are remarkable. Especially the explanation of demand-supply through a traditionally non-relatable topic in economics is really good.

By Rishabh S

May 17, 2021

The course is very good, it opened a whole new paradigm for me to view the world in terms of money, supply, and demand. The course instructor is also good.

The only thing that I want is that this course gets updated with new high-quality videos and modern references like the big tech monopolies.

By Debjit G

Jun 3, 2017

Its a very good course and informative, while also being easy at the same time! Probably one of the best courses for beginners and with an interest in business or even understanding daily economics! I wish it was a little more of a deep dive into the numerical problems and formula ..

By Bryan T

Apr 1, 2018

Good course overall; I definitely learned some of the basics of microeconomics that I did not know before. Some videos were confusing when the Professor misspoke often, or used examples where the topic had only been lightly touched upon. Overall, still a very good course.

By Thomas R

Jul 31, 2016

Great course! The material is presented in a detailed way that makes it easy to understand even if you're new to economics, using a local sandwich business as a real life case study was really cool, plenty of practice questions to test your knowledge. An all around winner

By Oscar A P D

May 9, 2017

Un curso bastante didáctico y con un excelente profesor que te irá conduciendo desde el punto mas básico de la microeconomía hasta llegar a los temas mas complicados. Excelente para hacer una revisión de todo lo aprendido en la universidad. Muchas gracias por todo.

By Palash R B

Feb 6, 2019

It was good learning the basic principle of Economics, I surely hope to find it useful in my further studies regarding financial markets, finance queries, and many more.

Overall a very good experience, Thanks to the Guide Sir, and University of Illinois.

By Sakib S

Aug 28, 2020

The course was great!!! The examples helped a lot to better understand the models. A bit more mathematical approach would have been better for me but it would have made the course longer. Overall the course was really and recommended.

By Omi A M

Jun 19, 2021

The manner in which P​rof. Jose introduced the basic economic concepts and explained them, with relevant examples, made this MicroEconomics course interesting as well as easy to grasp for a young student like me, new to this subject.