Back to Microeconomics Principles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Microeconomics Principles by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Most people make the incorrect assumption that economics is ONLY the study of money. My primary goal in this course is to shatter this belief. During this course, we will be addressing the above questions as well as many more relating to: -the environment -love and marriage -crime -labor markets -education -politics -sports -business My main goal is to show you the way economists think and how to use this analytical system to answer questions related not only to these and other important human issues but to anything you end up doing with your life after this class. After all, as you will quickly find out, I believe that everything is economics!...

VA
Mar 13, 2019

It's a very well made course. Special thanks to Dr Jose for conveying the fundamentals of Microeconomics in such a lucid and simple way which helps in developing a solid intuition for the subject. :)

KJ
Jul 15, 2020

great course, very interesting, loved the idea of changing locations, interviewing different people, idea of teaching through games. One thing I lacked at understanding was the graph of cost curves

51 - 75 of 475 Reviews for Microeconomics Principles

By Rathinder B

Sep 24, 2018

Fantastic course, taught is a very simplified and at the same generating great interest. Nice examples and the flow in which professor went about imparting the course is a great example of how online course should be adapted. Thank YOU,

By Flor P M

Mar 27, 2019

I enjoyed this course. I learned so much from it and felt that the quizzes were challenging. I also liked that when you get wrong answers the quizzes tell you what video to refer back to so that you can study the correct section again.

By Jafed E G

Jul 6, 2019

By Santiago J

Sep 13, 2017

I loved the course, I would like to publicly express my congratulations to the professor who teaches this course.

I'm sure the University of Illinois is very happy with her work.

Go ahead and repeat my thanks and congratulations.

By Rohan R

Jun 26, 2020

I loved the course! This was my first venture into hardcore econ and my first coursera experience and this set the precedent for a possible minor in college. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this to anyone trying to get into econ. 10/10!

By Haoming L

Nov 16, 2019

It helps me learn a lot about how to make rational decisions, view strange phenomenons and benefit both ourselves and our society from economic aspects through the interpretation of the professor. Fabulous experience!

By Muhammad Z K

Jun 8, 2020

This is an exceptionally well designed and well illustrated course and I highly appreciate the efforts of instructor, his team and the University of Illinois for offering such an informative and professional course.

By Suzana d A P

Aug 31, 2017

The course was very good. Professor José Vasquez is very clear in his explanations. There is a wide content, but the examples and tests make it easier to learn. The level of difficulty is adequate. I recommend it.

By Tate R

May 27, 2021

Professor did an above average job creating and delivering a relevant curriculum while keeping the user interested and gives enough examples that it’s simple to understand. Good flow to course structure as well!

By Do H L

Jun 21, 2016

Just completed week 1 of this course. Really good revision for my high school economics!

Courses like this on Coursera help me to revise my knowledge continuously and improve my grasp of micro-economic concepts.

By ratnesh s

Sep 5, 2017

microeconomics course at coursera is the whole package. the teaching techniques are highly interactive and the professor articulates all the important topics in an eloquent manner . and moreover it is free.

By TUSHAR T

Very interesting course, it is very easy to learn and understand the concepts even for someone who has no prior knowledge of the field because of informative, interesting & excellent teaching by Jose sir.

By Jian P

Feb 5, 2019

This course does a very good job explaining economic principles through examples in our daily life. I would recommend anyone who wants to take their first step in economics to try this excellent course.

By Krish J

Jul 16, 2020

By JAWAD R

Sep 30, 2020

It is a very well made course. Special thanks to Dr Jose for conveying the fundamentals of Microeconomics in such a easy and simple way which helps in developing a solid intuition for the subject

By Ram C H

Jul 23, 2020

Its very interesting course. It enabled me to understand the basic principles of microeconomics . It will be much more advantageous for me in both academic and professional filed of my life.

By Gungun S

Feb 13, 2021

This course provided me various learning insights which are so much helpful .This provided me some real life examples by which we can understand this better.this is nicely designed course.

By Siramsetti M K

Feb 23, 2021

this course helps to understand the how to apply basic principles about profit and loss in buying any product in market and how it related to society explained briefly by the professor.

By Karla T R

Jul 14, 2020

The course was great. The material is pretty good, and the fact that you have the tutorials as complimentary to the video lessons, is a fantastic tool. I learnd a lot with this course!

By Todd C W

Jan 7, 2019

This is an excellent, concise survey course on basic economics. The instructor covers all of the major concepts. This kind of course should be part of every well-rounded education.

By Oscar A N

Jan 18, 2020

Es un muy buen curso en el que se combinan aspectos teóricos y prácticos, ten por seguro que es una buena decisión tomar este curso si buscar aprender de lo básico de la economía

By 李奕霖

Sep 1, 2019

This course play an important role in helping me to understand more knowledge about economic and because of this I am very interested in learn more knowledge about the economics.

By Mark B

Apr 29, 2019

Very practical and intuitive! The topics and examples are interesting and go beyong "company buys X and sells Y formula". Jose is a great lecturer with engaging way of teaching.

By ricardo p o

Oct 2, 2016

Excelente curso para principiantes como yo. La calidad del exponente es muy grande y se agradece su esfuerzo. también estoy muy agradecido por la oportunidad de haberlo cursado.

By Mustafa A

May 30, 2021

I took this course from my university but I wanted to get my information back and this course was very useful to me as it covers the special basics of microeconomics perfectly