Back to De-Mystifying Mindfulness

Learner Reviews & Feedback for De-Mystifying Mindfulness by Universiteit Leiden

Interest in meditation, mindfulness, and contemplation has grown exponentially in recent years. Rather than being seen as mystical practices from ancient Buddhism or esoteric philosophy, they are increasingly seen as technologies rooted in evidence from psychology and neuroscience. Mindfulness has become the basis for numerous therapeutic interventions, both as a treatment in healthcare and as a means of enhancing well-being and happiness. For millions around the world, mindfulness has become a life-style choice, enhancing and enriching everyday experience. Mindfulness is big business. But, what actually is mindfulness? Is it really good for you? Can anyone learn it? How can you recognize charlatans? Would you want to live in a mindful society, and would it smell like sandalwood? What does it feel like to be mindful? Are you mindful already, and how would you know? Evolving from the popular Honours Academy course at Leiden University, this innovative course combines conventional scholarly inquiry from multiple disciplines (ranging from psychology, through philosophy, to politics) with experiential learning (including specially designed ‘meditation labs,’ in which you’ll get chance to practice and analyze mindfulness on yourself). In the end, the course aims to provide a responsible, comprehensive, and inclusive education about (and in) mindfulness as a contemporary phenomenon. During the production of this course, we have been supported by Willem Kuyken, Director of the University of Oxford Mindfulness Centre, and Stephen Batchelor, co-founder of Bodhi College. And we gratefully acknowledge the contributions made by Mark Williams, co-developer of Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), and Rebecca Crane, Director of the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice at the University of Bangor. "The course enabled me to explore the mindfulness construct at its deeper lever from philosophical, psychological and political lenses. The mindfulness labs were very useful in practicing the skills of being mindful." 23 nov 2018 "i took this course after a period of time when I was trying to practice mindfulness and meditation, but with doubtful success. The course answered many questions to me, and I needed that to keep me motivated. It really helped me understand the origins and, more importantly, benefits of mindfulness practice and made me persist in my attempts. I'm really glad I took the course, I find it interesting, well taught and very useful for all those seeking deeper explanation in why trying mindfulness." 9 Oct 2018 "I have taken other courses in other online platforms. However, this has been one of the best courses I have found online." 3 Oct 2018 "I really like the invitation to us, the learners, to rethink our preconceptions and beliefs, and then make our own judgement about mindfulness. The overall tone was very friendly and open, resources very useful." 12 Dec 2017...

SM
Jul 20, 2020

A course that will open your mind and heart. I thoroughly enjoyed it and learnt so much about Mindfulness and how I want to incorporate it into my daily life, relationships and personality. Thank you!

AV
Feb 2, 2020

It is such a useful and practical course. The contents, discussions, assignments and quizzes are extremely insightful. I truly enjoyed the course and awaiting a second phase of the course in future.

251 - 275 of 488 Reviews for De-Mystifying Mindfulness

By Roni B

Apr 18, 2020

interesting material that pour light on this subject, the lecturer is cool and interesting

By Sharon D

Nov 16, 2020

I enjoyed the course and learnt a great deal of information about mindfulness. Thank you.

By Juan C

Feb 2, 2020

Gives a profound and wide view about the past, the present, and the future of Mindfulness

By Nathalie H D

Jun 30, 2020

Ce cours est très complet, il permet également d'améliorer sa pratique, ou de commencer.

By karen s

Jan 24, 2018

Excellant course. Well presented and accessible. Easy to navigate and excellant content.

By Vlad B

Jun 23, 2017

Eye opening. More than I expected from a online course. Highly engaging and informative.

By WILLIAM H

Apr 19, 2017

I now have a better understanding of mindfulness.

The course increased my Mindfulness X2

By Douglas R

Jul 2, 2019

Loved the content and community. I continue to refer to this in my continued practices

By Bindiya S

Sep 13, 2017

It was an eye-opener and every module felt like a journey of self discovery.

Thank you!

By Naufal A

I am proud of my achievements and I will continue to learn, thank you for everything.

By yasunari k

Jun 26, 2020

I am thankful for the given opportunity though I am still mystifyed by mindfulness.

By KFL

May 15, 2018

Perfect for anyone trying to sort out the complicated status of “mindfulness” today.

By Michael N

Nov 15, 2017

An excellent course, informative and challenging both academically and practically.

By Robert A S

Jan 21, 2018

Great information, personable instructor, and some really good guided meditations.

By Lena H

Oct 30, 2017

Well-rounded, hands-on class that makes you think. The meditation labs are superb!

By Raffaello S

Nov 21, 2016

A really great course, combines perfectly theory and practice.

Highly recommended !

By Smirnov A

Nov 10, 2020

Замечательный курс с интересной теорией и конкретной практикой. Огромное спасибо!

By Barbara O

May 7, 2018

I loved the great mix of theoretical background and the weekly practice elements.

By Sarad C D

Jul 6, 2017

The Content was course was excellent. The instructor made the course interesting.

By Yves

Aug 8, 2020

Great learning experience. Extend my knowledge and understanding of Mindfulness.

By Annapaola A

Oct 9, 2017

A wonderful and challenging course about mindfulness, its aims and its origins.

By Antonio S

Jan 2, 2017

It was a very easy to follow, deep and challenging course. I really enjoyed it!

By Cynthia R M

Sep 8, 2017

Excellent course! well explained and they give you good material to work with.

By Vishwa L M

Mar 24, 2017

Very impresseive, useful and enlighting way of education. Very convenient too.

By Magan S

Aug 26, 2020

Inspiring teacher! Scientifically placed facts. Gentle handling of feelings.