Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

TM

Feb 12, 2018

I really enjoyed the first course, Learn 2Learn. The female professor is great but the boring old guy should have been kicked out of the course, as he do not provide anything of value for the course.

SN

Jan 18, 2018

Thank you Barbara. It was really enjoyable trip with you in this course. I have found many new learning techniques. Your positive behavior was very encouraging for me to begin a new list of my life!

301 - 325 of 1,031 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By Said A

Jun 11, 2017

Best course I ever took. Informative, entertaining and motivating. It will surely create Mind shift in your intellectual and professional life.

By Antreina S

Oct 13, 2017

I absolutely love this class. Very informative and inspirational. You can learn anything. Practice, practice and practice. Great teachers!

By Ebina Y

May 29, 2017

It's great course to the people struggling to learn, I enjoyed this course and help me a lot in my further learning life. Thank you very much.

By Pablo C

Aug 16, 2019

Totally amazing! This course gives you the tips to change to a life full of enjoyment while learning without limitations! Highly recommended!

By Neil R

May 31, 2017

Great course following on from learning how to learn that takes you into the practicalities of how to move into something that interests you.

By Tiffany F

Feb 13, 2020

I enjoyed this. I got a few things, I'm going to try in my life. I will be retaking this course, so I can get even more out of it next time.

By Claudia C

Sep 03, 2019

Excellent course! Enlightening and inspiring ways of looking at lifelong learning and how the brain works made this course fun and engaging.

By dionigi f

Sep 14, 2017

I found this course valuable with a lot of new ideas and inspiration to improve the way I am learning, a lot of usable tips and suggestions.

By Harrison v

May 08, 2017

Great Course, the design is improve and the quality of information is huge, i sure you don´t be the same persons when you finish the course.

By Kelly H

Mar 11, 2019

Life changing class that instill great study habits that WORK, and positive actionable mindsets that help you succeed in life and learning!

By Ateeb T K

Dec 17, 2017

Very helpful course for students of all backgrounds. Great lifelong learning habits that reinforced what I "thought" I knew (but didn't).

By Debry W

Oct 27, 2017

Barbara is a natural teacher. She shares gladly and welcomes you to knowledge in a very warm an objective way. Extraordinary MOOC, Thanks!

By Sylvia G

Apr 07, 2019

Mindshift provides an excellent foundation for someone aiming to begin taking MOOCs to enhance their skillset and broaden their passions!

By Laura H

Nov 30, 2017

Fabulous course full of great information and clear instruction. It is like one big pep talk to overcome your fears and improve yourself.

By Lavish M M

Jun 19, 2018

Very insightful and interesting lesson for personal development...I am glad I join this MOOC.I highly recommend this to your - READER.

By Ingela H

Apr 07, 2018

If you want to completly reevaluate how you think about learning take this course. I only wish I have had this knowledge 20 years ago.

By Timothy B

Jul 13, 2017

Excellent coure. This is my 2nd course by Barbara Oakley and Terry Sejnowski. I respond well to their style of teaching. Great course!

By Yasser K

Jun 04, 2017

Opening mind thoughts, I loved that I haven't been interested in a course like I do with this one.

Thanks Professors both are great : )

By John S

Jan 29, 2020

An engaging course that provided insight plus practicable and actionable steps in improving one's self. I really enjoyed the course.

By Michael C

Jul 01, 2019

Great course. To the point with excellent supporting data. I think this will really help me as I am in the midst of my own mindshift!

By Ron W

May 08, 2017

Nice supplemental to the original course. It's a great way to procrastinate because you'll learn techniques to curb procrastination!

By Sam K C

Feb 09, 2020

Great course! Opening up my mind and broaden my perspective. The video is short & precise and I really enjoy watching the lectures.

By Diogo T B

Nov 03, 2018

If you want to be a better learner and want insights and reliable information about career, passion and MOOCs, you'll find it here!

By Alvaro P

Jan 17, 2018

Great mooc! I learned more deeply how to learn and how to broaden my passion!... I will be waiting for more from Barbara and Terry!

By Jacqueline O

Jun 25, 2017

Outstanding course!

Great information that will help you understanding better ways to learn and see that you can do more.