Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

EC

Aug 27, 2020

I enjoyed this course very much. I am 64-years-old and this course taught me that you can learn anything new no matter what age you are. I am now broadening my passions and learning is a lot more fun.

SM

I enjoyed this MOOC. It is very well-done and clearly covers the topics of mindshifting along with career advancement. Also--good illustrations and visuals/sounds which assist in the learning process.

301 - 325 of 2,785 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By Mark K

May 27, 2018

I have learned new things and reinforced some I already knew. I love teaching and learning and this course helps solidify both. This MOOC will encourage you to continue your lifelong learning. Everyone should take this course; teachers, students both young and old, whether for career or self-interest.

By Felipe N

May 08, 2017

This MOOC is wonderfully perfect. I'm putting everything I've learned into the previous MOOC "Learning to Learn" into practice and now with that course I've finalized for have new ideas and thoughts to add into my life and into my professional career. Thank you very much for giving me this opportunity: D

By Sadrina Y

Nov 13, 2019

As a trainer and lifelong learner, I have been a fan of the duo since Learning how to Learn. This course helps keep me in check on why we should give a damn about how we present material to catalyze learning in people we teach. A lot of the subject matter was relevant and her techniques were helpful!

By Santos H

Jun 20, 2017

Amazing course, if you have taken Barbara Oakey's previous course Learning How to Learn and enjoyed it, you will enjoy this one, too. Barbara breaks down many of problems of today and the future with practical and well supported advice that will serve you well for years to come in the information age.

By Gabriella F

Apr 17, 2020

Amazing course and opportunity to get fascinated about learning. I strongly believe this course can change lives in a significant and positive way. Barb is a true mentor, and her life story is inspiring in many ways. Whatever your moment or stage in life is right now, I encourage you to hop on board.

By Rania F E S

Sep 05, 2020

It was a very interesting and helpful course ... The instructor Barbara was great and interesting ... made me think all the time about my career and how to enhance it and how to think in a different way in all my life's aspect .

I highly recommend this course for anyone to start think differently.

By Monica N

es un curso muy completo, muy dinámico y práctico, que me ayudo a tener nuevas perspectivas para replantear nuevos retos, a redirigir mis esfuezos para ser mas productiva. A perder el miedo a cambiar el rumbo si es necesario y no tomarlo como una perdida de tiempo, al darle valor a las experiencias.

By Ramanan T

Jun 26, 2020

This course entirely shifted my learning abilities or in other words, I was able to restore my lost learning capabilities in place. The teachers are very attractive to listen to without losing attention throughout the course. Moreover, the time frame of each module is much more convenient to learn.

By Elizabeth C

Jun 01, 2020

Very useful and accessible course. Both instructors (especially Barb) are great at presenting concepts and ideas that are valuable in the 'real' world. I would recommend this to learners of all ages -- particularly those who may be feeling ambivalent about their career and employment at any stage.

By Jayne E L

Aug 25, 2019

An OUTSTANDING course! Dr Barbera Oakley, and Dr Terry Sejnowski are excellent. If you are searching for a class that will open your mind to exploring a chapter in your life, and show you how your mind works while taking a new direction, this is the class for you. Fascinating, informative, and fun!

By Jojo N P

An Amazing course to really identify what are the obstacles which you have to huddle and to guide the way to unleash your potential and real calibre. Lectures are amazingly resourceful and talented. I recommend it to everyone who really wanted to do a self analysing and move forward in your life.

By Pilar F

May 01, 2020

The course is very easy to follow. The videos are short and with one point each. It has a lot of info on how to approach learning when it is not part of a school program. It has given me insights on what it promises, the blockroads to learning as a mature student. All in all, time well spent!

By Prasanna K B

Sep 27, 2019

This course is very engaging. Through out the course author motivates us and real life examples are very inspiring. I was thinking i am slow learner and i cant learn anything new but this course made my Mindshift. Am enrolling new courses. Thanks to Dr. Barbara Oakley for such wonderful insights.

By Letty F

Aug 08, 2020

I really enjoyed this class. I liked how it was explained and examples were provided. Great stories about others experiences. Her voice was pleasant and calm. I recommend this course if you are trying to learn more about your purpose and activities one can do to find what you are successful in.

By Andrea

Sep 09, 2020

This was a great course! It was very straightforward, well-designed, and highly informative. The overall delivery was tight as well as the visual tools utilized to aid instruction. As a person who truly sees the potential in online learning, I do wish more courses would be designed in this way.

By JASMEET K

Aug 27, 2020

It has been a pleasure, being a part of this amazing process of learning how to Mindshift and breaking through all the hindrances in your path. Four weeks later, I totally see myself standing with a new vision in Life. Thank You for this beautiful experience Dr. Barbara, Dr. Terrence and Scott!

By Ratchaphon M

Jun 24, 2020

Super inspirational! Thank you for modeling me for continually making a mindshift. Your comment 'DON'T FOLLOW YOUR PASSION, EXTEND YOUR PASSION' truly boosts my spirit up since I've been a bit low from my current work.

Thank you for your positivity, creativity, and ambition!

LOVE from Thailand...

By Guillermo

Apr 15, 2020

Very motivating and practical. Totally would recommend if you are feeling in a dead end in your career, it shows a very positive message that is everybody is able to do almost everything, plus gives you practical tips con how to achieve it. Definitely not a boring, theoretical or specific MOOC.

By Roberta S

Apr 14, 2020

This course was a breath of fresh air. I loved how positive yet practical BO was. I am looking at a career change and this was just what I needed to pursue this further. The structure was simple yet tight, even if done from her basement. I also appreciated how she shared her own personal story.

By Yujin l

Jun 26, 2018

i was not sure if i wanted to take this course at first. that's because the instructor used overly animated tone which turned me off. however, her positive energy kept me going. great content. i would highly recommend this to anyone who seeks for inspirations and strategies for personal growth.

By Aember P T G

Jun 05, 2020

This course has been a valuable primer to any further topic one may or may not struggle to learn next. It develops a foundational attitude for studying anything at all despite one's background. Creative and learning confidence are what anybody can expect to acquire after completing the course.

By Noah

Jan 15, 2018

Very useful and insightful. I'm in my 20s and have no idea what to do in my future. This course helped me a lot (as well as the related MOOC "Learning How to Learn") in creating better study skills, increase productivity and rate and efficacy at which I acquire new knowledge. Highly recommend.

By Thananthan

Aug 07, 2020

The course is completely awesome. it enhances my hidden potential and projects in front of my eyes, and helped me to take care of my immersive learning, i really wanted to thank the professeurs for making the topics an interactive one by explaining about how science works within one's brain !

By Monica D

Jul 02, 2020

Clear, concise, simple and well paced. This was a pleasant surprise and a good find. If you are frustrated with yourself and think you can't learn anything, this course will help you debunk that myth and give you some tools to understand that you can learn anything you want to. Great MOOC!

By Erick A G

Muchas gracias por este hermoso curso. Fue una verdadera experiencia de vida para mí. No sólo aprendí cómo aprender, sino cómo ser una mejor persona. Me enamoré perdidamente de este curso, no sólo por el contenido, sino también por la excelente presentación y producción de éste. ¡Mil gracias!