Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

EC

Aug 27, 2020

I enjoyed this course very much. I am 64-years-old and this course taught me that you can learn anything new no matter what age you are. I am now broadening my passions and learning is a lot more fun.

SM

I enjoyed this MOOC. It is very well-done and clearly covers the topics of mindshifting along with career advancement. Also--good illustrations and visuals/sounds which assist in the learning process.

326 - 350 of 2,683 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By MAISSA

Apr 28, 2020

Great followup to learning how to learn which was my first ever Mooc I took, it was great refresher about some key ideas about learning with many new ones; I've learn about putting a label on a feeling which was groundbreaking for me, also I've learnt about meditation ... and more!!

By Graciela A

Apr 18, 2018

It is a very interesting, entertaining and full of information with valuable keys to improve in the process of a change of mentality with respect to our careers. With scientific bases they show what is valuable in all our experiences and how useful they are when making life changes.

By Dawn L

Jun 03, 2017

I loved this course which kept me engaged throughout the course. Learned many things to work on and have more confidence and not feeling like an outsider. Learning if forever lasting. Don't let something new scare you like it did me. I am moving forward in a good way. Thank you!

By Jobanpreet k

Jun 02, 2020

I think every student and every person who want to know how to use your effectively and fully and how to tackle with troubles and how to be that person who know from where to get help and from where to start should take this course . The mentors are brilliant and too good and best.

By ogunrombi t

hello,

Good day to you,

kindly advise,after course completion i was ask to make payment to collect certificate .

A friend completed hers yesterday and she got her certificate without making any payment.

I will appreciate your urgent response.

Thank you.

Taiwo ogunrombi(taik2k5@yahoo.com)

By Ricardo B V

Apr 27, 2020

Great, worth the time spent, but you need to make a commitment with yourself to apply what you learned, otherwise, it won't help. It gives good hints and encourages you, since it mentions that many things we see as faults in ourselves aren't really that, and have a possitive side.

By Yelena V

Jan 14, 2019

the course gives very practical and useful tips on how to create a mindshift towards learning. it is empowering, motivating and provides advice on making the big decisions in life, such as career choice. overall, I am very satisfied and would recommend this course to everyone.

By Beth D C

May 23, 2020

Barbara is an awesome teacher. She is very endearing, fun and positive. Using metaphors, short videos, and science in down to earth ways makes learning easy. I learned a lot and look forward to learning more from Barbara and Terrence as well as other MOOCs. Thank you so much!

By Mihai T D

his has been one of a kind experience next to awakening deep thoughts within. It has definitely encouraged me to investigate my inner most feelings about learning , which at this time helps me analyze my skills, experience & education, to transform them into something meaningful.

By Unai A

May 18, 2017

Everybody is different but We should look for strategies that can make as work more efficiently. And If we based it on scientific information, we can skyrocket as individuals to enhance productivity. This course is a must take and I will be mentoring it for a while.

Happy learning

By spoorthi y

May 16, 2020

was a wonderful course to teach how failures are an important part of our daily life of learning, how draw backs can be turned into personal perks, very useful for people searching for better learning techniques and who claim them selves to be slow learners or think of giving up

By Sonia S

Jul 19, 2020

This is by far one of the best courses I have enrolled, I truly enjoyed watching every video! I have not only learned a lot but the course had also helped me cleared my doubts about my learning ability. Thank you so much and I highly recommend everyone to enroll to this course.

By Erika D

Aug 11, 2020

I loved this course and highly recommend it to anyone wanting to reevaluate how they view themselves as learners. I gained new insight and tips on how to push myself out of my comfort zone and creative ways to think about my career and personal mental health goals. Thank you!

By Gaurav D

Jun 23, 2020

Well structured course covering key aspects of learning. The content is focused and concise, split into bite-sized chunks, which are extremely well presented. The instructors have a methodical and effective way of explaining concepts which aids comprehension and understanding.

By Stanley P

Jun 07, 2020

A recommended course for students of all age. This course has given me an impetus and a correction in my belief that there is no limitation or age to Learning and with certain techniques and facts explained here and if followed, anyone can make a 180⁰ mindshift in ones career.

By Robert A C

Apr 09, 2018

Very good! If you want the understand the means on how to get where you want to, this is for you. The course is very well presented, structured and based on current science. Gives you tools to advance and to better understand what can be holding you back. Unlock you potential.

By WALLACE S C

Jun 22, 2017

This course, along with Learning How to Learn, is now one of the best free of charge courses can help you to increase and improve your personal and professional skills. I strongly recommend you apply to this course right now and start it to become a better version of yourself.

By Vishesh A P

May 06, 2020

Every single procrastinator must take this course in order to take action and make your bad habit go away for good!

This course is quite captivating and very insightful. Professor. Barbara's way of teaching is just impeccable and unprecedented. I highly recommend this course.

By Ciara P C

Mar 02, 2020

While studying Mindshift: Breakthrough Obstacles, things taught in this course like the pomodoro, focused and defused are things i put into practice in my daily life. I also learned their depth and value. Thank you so much for this coursera and people who created this course!

By Evinamous

May 15, 2020

A very interesting MOOC indeed! The fact that the videos were really sort made it easier to attend. Well structured with questions just in the right place to help you memorize the material. It turned arounf many beliefs I had that were actually mistaken. Thnak you very much!

By Kawaguchi R

May 15, 2020

Very helpful course in changing your paradigm on how to lead a "better" life where you constantly seek for self improvement. The instructors are really engaging and interesting. I enjoy listening to their lectures. The use of animation makes the video more engaging as well.

By Peggy C

May 07, 2020

Very useful MOOC! I like the course break into small videos so I can find some leisure time almost everyday to learn some new concepts. There are some new concepts definitely will change my habits of learning and hopefully I can learn what I want to learn in life and study.

By Lucia R

Apr 25, 2017

Thank you, Dr. Barbara Oakley, for the great course. The content is presented in an efficient and concise way, but also very pleasant and funny. Through different learning techniques (movement, association, jokes) my attention was always engaged and the content persisted.

By Thang P

May 12, 2020

I have took some course on Coursera and this course is one of my favorite here. I like the way Dr Barbara translate the complex ideas into simple concept that everyone can understand. I can feel her enthusiastic and joyful in each lesson. I like her. Thank you Mrs Barbara

By Akashdeep M

May 01, 2020

probably the best MOOC you can choose for a start with amazing content. it was really watching and learning so many things and being positive while doing this course. Really thankful to all who were the part of this course. Thanks a lot for making this. Love from India <3