Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

TM

Feb 12, 2018

I really enjoyed the first course, Learn 2Learn. The female professor is great but the boring old guy should have been kicked out of the course, as he do not provide anything of value for the course.

SN

Jan 18, 2018

Thank you Barbara. It was really enjoyable trip with you in this course. I have found many new learning techniques. Your positive behavior was very encouraging for me to begin a new list of my life!

326 - 350 of 1,007 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By Kate Y

Apr 28, 2017

I really enjoyed this course! I have learned new skills and important new mindsets to take into future MOOCs. Thank you!

By Omodiaogbe S

Apr 13, 2017

The course gives deeper understanding of how to overcome obstacles we might set for ourselves by limiting our capabilities

By Czarina K

Jun 28, 2019

I love Barbara and Terry's approach together. It's very balanced and it's easier to understand rather hard to understand.

By Suzy K

Apr 21, 2019

It was a great course that taught me a lot and helped me understand better the power of mindshift! I highly recommend it.

By Irene G

Dec 18, 2018

I love learning on this course! It helped me a lot with hands on skills! Love to see the lecturer!!! highly recommended!

By SA

Aug 17, 2018

It's like I have just been given a second t! Thank you so much. This will have made such a difference to so many people.

By Fay S

Jan 29, 2018

Warm and welcoming presenters. Lots of wisdom here without excessive verbiage. Inspirational and highly recommended.

By Brunno F d P

Jun 01, 2017

Very interesting MOOC, with a lot of insights and techniques for those who wants to follow a lifelong learning approach.

By Olga

Apr 16, 2019

A different way of learning and wanting to learn more.

My thanks to all the people of coursera who share their knowledge

By Mohamed a

Dec 17, 2018

this course is the second course i taken after Learning how to learn, this course teached me learning broadly.

thanks

By Hannah G C A

May 22, 2018

This is a very insightful course. It made me learn a lot of concepts that I never learned in college. Two thumbs up!

By Sanae E

Jul 28, 2019

This is one of the best courses that I took on line. It can be useful for my child as well. Thank you for the class!

By Jesszika U

Jun 14, 2017

Interesting, well structured material. Nice personalites, easy to follow thoughts. I liked the quizes too. Thank you

By bezawit a

Sep 25, 2017

This is by far the best course I have ever participated in. It's has completely shifted my mind in a positive path.

By Tim H

May 04, 2019

A great companion to the Learning How To Learn course. Covers a wide variety of material, in a very enjoyable way.

By Heike S

Mar 02, 2018

A realy good course with a lot of information for your self-development and the skills designed to help you study.

By Antonio A

Nov 23, 2017

This course gave me not only the references to get back on track, but also the right approach to get the momentum.

By Prasenjit P

Aug 28, 2017

MindShift!! MindShift!! MindShift !!! really enjoyed and hope to apply in real practice, thank u the Professor!!!!

By Amar D M

Jun 30, 2017

It was an excellent learning experience and got really very fresh and new perspective to move in my career path...

By Alek T

Jun 23, 2017

If you like learning this course is for you. The course is full with practical and easy to understand information.

By Mish_ko

Aug 20, 2019

This course has strongly positive impact on my. It is good to know other views and different methods of learning.

By Juan D

Apr 10, 2018

There's some overlap with LHTL but it's still dope. Great insights, less practical than the other but still cool

By Chetan P

Aug 27, 2017

helped brush the concepts, removed cobwebs and above all helped reinforce the belief that everything is possible

By Vân Đ

May 30, 2017

It's very wonderful. It helps me improve my weakness and find a way to study effectively! Thanks Barbara Oakley!

By jinxiu

May 27, 2017

This course helps me a lot, I start to think my life , figure out what I want ,and how to make a plan to achieve