Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

TM

Feb 12, 2018

I really enjoyed the first course, Learn 2Learn. The female professor is great but the boring old guy should have been kicked out of the course, as he do not provide anything of value for the course.

SN

Jan 18, 2018

Thank you Barbara. It was really enjoyable trip with you in this course. I have found many new learning techniques. Your positive behavior was very encouraging for me to begin a new list of my life!

351 - 375 of 1,032 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By Heike S

Mar 02, 2018

A realy good course with a lot of information for your self-development and the skills designed to help you study.

By Antonio A

Nov 23, 2017

This course gave me not only the references to get back on track, but also the right approach to get the momentum.

By Prasenjit P

Aug 28, 2017

MindShift!! MindShift!! MindShift !!! really enjoyed and hope to apply in real practice, thank u the Professor!!!!

By Amar D M

Jun 30, 2017

It was an excellent learning experience and got really very fresh and new perspective to move in my career path...

By Alek T

Jun 23, 2017

If you like learning this course is for you. The course is full with practical and easy to understand information.

By Mish_ko

Aug 20, 2019

This course has strongly positive impact on my. It is good to know other views and different methods of learning.

By Juan D

Apr 10, 2018

There's some overlap with LHTL but it's still dope. Great insights, less practical than the other but still cool

By Chetan P

Aug 27, 2017

helped brush the concepts, removed cobwebs and above all helped reinforce the belief that everything is possible

By Vân Đ

May 30, 2017

It's very wonderful. It helps me improve my weakness and find a way to study effectively! Thanks Barbara Oakley!

By jinxiu

May 27, 2017

This course helps me a lot, I start to think my life , figure out what I want ,and how to make a plan to achieve

By JOSE A

Feb 11, 2020

An excellent course, full of good recommendations and a very solid pedagogical base. An invaluable orientation.

By FELIX R B

Oct 31, 2018

THIS COURSE ES EXCELENTE BECAUSE IS VERY IMPORTANT TO DISCOVER THAT I HAVE HABILITIES THAT I DID NOT KNOW I HAD

By Lois P

Feb 04, 2018

Excellent course! Very insightful and useful for people considering changing careers or direction of any sort.

By Mary S

May 22, 2017

It's always valuable to learn different ways of learning and thinking. I really appreciated the mind shake up!

By David N

Feb 28, 2019

I really have enjoyed the course. Practical tools and fun to watch. Highly recommend it.

David N.

Florida, USA

By Olaf D

May 24, 2017

This was a wonderful, well presented course. I benefitted highly from it and recommend the course by all means

By Divya J

Sep 02, 2019

The course content is really helpful and practical techinques have been shared along with theory explanation.

By Tiny P C

Mar 03, 2018

A great MOOC for every learner. Thank you so much for providing us such valuable information on how to learn.

By Buki B

Feb 13, 2018

I loved the presentation especially because it was broken down into bite size which made it easier to follow.

By Mark G W

Nov 22, 2017

A great course that has provided me with some awesome advice, guidance, and inspiration to carry on learning!

By Ting W

Sep 17, 2017

I really have fun watching the video, learning new ideas. Now it is time to apply them to my learning path!!

By radz

May 17, 2017

Awesome course n great instructors. Loved the course. Looking forward to more courses with both of them soon.

By Yudhidya W

Jun 18, 2019

An excellent MOOC to take. This course gave me insights to trick with problems I am dealing with. Well done.

By Robin A

Apr 21, 2018

A great learning experience, well taught and very relevant for anyone interested in continuous life learning

By Thomas R

Mar 20, 2018

A good complement to Learning How to Learn. Concrete and realistic ways to be able to get a career you like