Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

TM

Feb 12, 2018

I really enjoyed the first course, Learn 2Learn. The female professor is great but the boring old guy should have been kicked out of the course, as he do not provide anything of value for the course.

SN

Jan 18, 2018

Thank you Barbara. It was really enjoyable trip with you in this course. I have found many new learning techniques. Your positive behavior was very encouraging for me to begin a new list of my life!

26 - 50 of 983 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By Christophe G

Feb 03, 2019

Love it - a must have before taking any MOOC

By Abdul N

Feb 04, 2019

Brilliant course

By Michael D H

Feb 03, 2019

I really enjoyed taking this course. The instructors are clearly getting better at what they do as time goes by, and they've done an excellent job of offering the material in a simple and relatable manner.

By mirza h

Feb 04, 2019

Learn how to thriving in a digital economy!

By Balachandran A

Dec 31, 2018

awesome

By MAHIMA A

Dec 31, 2018

Best course to develop your assets together with focusing on other fields at the same time.

By Catalina M

Dec 14, 2018

I have been listening to a different professionals about the brain and how we can modify out thoughts and get the most out of it. Then, in one of the videos I listened to Barbara Oakley and since the first 30 seconds she got my full attention. She mentioned the MOOCs and I am really grateful that I have the opportunity to learn more about me, about my brain, my abilities and how to explore my full potential. I love this Mindshift Training and I will recommend to anyone that has the curiosity to see the world in a different and positive way. THANK YOU!!!

By Galaxy H

Dec 17, 2018

I really appreciate this course to encourage me being a "self-breaking" girl. I always love learning by myself and explore new sphere in my life, which makes me feel peaceful.

By Dariya S

Jan 02, 2019

This course really empowers you and lets you understand the important processes that go on in your brain.

By Nancy

Dec 17, 2018

Amazing Course.. Worth every second of your time. BIG thanks to the instructors.

By Irene G

Dec 18, 2018

I love learning on this course! It helped me a lot with hands on skills! Love to see the lecturer!!! highly recommended!

By Mohamed a

Dec 17, 2018

this course is the second course i taken after Learning how to learn, this course teached me learning broadly.

thanks

By Caio d V P

Jan 05, 2019

Very useful tips to use at work and to motivate acquiring new knowledges.

By Ruslan S

Jan 04, 2019

awesome course but please gave more practice for understanding the chunks how to divide and repeat

By fernando g u

Jan 05, 2019

Uno delos mejores cursos realizados.Gracias

By Maria L

Jan 09, 2019

It was a very helpful course with useful information and very nicely delivered by the lecturers, a persuasive advertisement for continuous learning and massive open online courses as well!

By Tkacheva A

Jan 11, 2019

Really enjoyed it

By Usman A

Jan 10, 2019

This is truly a unique courses and lets you see within yourself and gauge your self.

By chenshuyuan

Feb 21, 2019

Give me the reasons to find my hidden potential,lead me in a positive learning style .And I know that I can use promodo to help me do things more effeciently.

By Prakash M S

Feb 21, 2019

I had a passion for learning. And I try to read and learn anything and everything. As a result I am not 'top-expert' in any particular topic. But this course reassured me that what I do is good for my mental health and everyone should keep learning for knowledge and skill irrespective of their own age.

By Giuseppe C

Feb 13, 2019

This has been my first course, and I really satisfied about it.

I am planning to take other courses of this kind.

Many thanks and fond regards,

Giuseppe Catani

By Daria S

Feb 15, 2019

Very cool and easy! I would recommend it to anyone who's just starting to learn online.

By Andreea I L

Feb 16, 2019

Great Course!

By Vivekanandan S

Feb 17, 2019

I really feel good and having more broad mind.It introduced life long lessons and the many other things for my career.It also helped me to Broaden my passion , think about "What is the Mission" , as the mam Rightly resembles the true meaning fro resilient and courage for practicing MIND-SHIFT .Thank you and all the best for your journey .