Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

TM

Feb 12, 2018

I really enjoyed the first course, Learn 2Learn. The female professor is great but the boring old guy should have been kicked out of the course, as he do not provide anything of value for the course.

SN

Jan 18, 2018

Thank you Barbara. It was really enjoyable trip with you in this course. I have found many new learning techniques. Your positive behavior was very encouraging for me to begin a new list of my life!

76 - 100 of 987 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By Manisha K

Oct 13, 2018

The course is really interesting, and I'd like to thank Professor Oakley for making it super interesting; delivering an outstanding teaching style. This is really an effective course!

Many thanks!

Sep 12, 2018

I loooved this course!

By Yang A W

Sep 13, 2018

Anyone can take this course. Everyone should do it!

By 徐立

Aug 20, 2018

really helpful course

By Marc B

Aug 19, 2018

Great matrial, teacher

By Nora I C

Aug 20, 2018

Excelente curso para modificar la mirada acerca de ciertas "debilidades" en el aprendizaje y cambiarlas a un nuevo enfoque de oportunidades. Excelentes tips para mejorar la memoria. Me encantó

By Maria I V

Sep 19, 2018

It's a great course. It is the perfect complement of Learning how to learn. I really enjoy the teachers because they explain the subjects in a way every body can understand. Thanks to them and the course I change my way of learning and even my life. I LOVE IT

By Clara

Sep 11, 2018

Barb is a great teacher, she is able to break down complex subjects in a very simple and easy to understand way.

The course gives practical tips and tools backed up by scientific evidences on how to improve your learning.

By Galal M S

Sep 11, 2018

Helps you (mostly imp) understand that MINDSHIFTS are NOT bad.

By sachit d

Sep 27, 2018

i am not even half way but i sure like this course

By Yashila B

Sep 27, 2018

Really interesting and eye opening course, which can be watched relatively passively because of how well the concepts are laid out and reiterated. Awesome student engagement in the optional assignments and well written quiz questions meant to reinforce ideas and themes as opposed to test particular phrases. Relatable and dynamic lecturers and videos and interspersed helpful tips and tricks really helped maintain my attention.

By Mostafa A M

Oct 06, 2018

great course

By Desired C

Oct 22, 2018

Learned many new ideas and relearned old ones. I only wished that I could speed up some of the areas of the video that I already knew and slow down the parts I didn’t, in a perfect world.

By Ana M G G

Oct 23, 2018

i love it

By Mohammed M A

Oct 28, 2018

A real mindshift has ocurred as the name of the course highlights. Thank you, Professors!

By Murtuza B

Aug 17, 2018

I have learnt many things about the functioning of brain. It allowed me to ask the right questions at times. It showed me techniques using which i tackled the unfortunate situation I was in.

Thank-you so much!

By SA

Aug 17, 2018

It's like I have just been given a second t! Thank you so much. This will have made such a difference to so many people.

By Jocelín

Aug 31, 2018

Great Course! It teaches you how to be your own teacher

By Abubakar M

Aug 30, 2018

Amazing MOOC. I Enjoy it.

By yan l

Aug 30, 2018

Very well presented course and the teachers are just GREAT !

By Suzanne M

Jul 27, 2018

i found this course very helpful in giving me direction for broadening my passions. The material was easily understood and Barbara and Terry are a joy to watch and listen to.

By Diogo T B

Nov 03, 2018

If you want to be a better learner and want insights and reliable information about career, passion and MOOCs, you'll find it here!

By Uvo-Vincent D

Nov 04, 2018

this course has helped me beyond words. i am grateful to the lecturers and everyone who put in effort to make this MOOC possible. i love you all and God bless you all

By Antonio G N

May 06, 2017

Excellent course! I learned awesome tricks to deal with stressful emotions and earned a lot of self esteem