Back to Simulation and modeling of natural processes

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Simulation and modeling of natural processes by University of Geneva

4.2

This course gives you an introduction to modeling methods and simulation tools for a wide range of natural phenomena. The different methodologies that will be presented here can be applied to very wide range of topics such as fluid motion, stellar dynamics, population evolution, ... This course does not intend to go deeply into any numerical method or process and does not provide any recipe for the resolution of a particular problem. It is rather a basic guideline towards different methodologies that can be applied to solve any kind of problem and help you pick the one best suited for you. The assignments of this course will be made as practical as possible in order to allow you to actually create from scratch short programs that will solve simple problems. Although programming will be used extensively in this course we do not require any advanced programming experience in order to complete it....

SM
Sep 2, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. This course has motivated me to learn more computational tools to apply in any field of sciences. It was thoroughly designed and challenging.

GS
Sep 27, 2019

Extremely good course with excellent python codes for interesting applications

26 - 50 of 72 Reviews for Simulation and modeling of natural processes

By Xihan Z

Feb 28, 2018

The course is useful, but there're too many mistakes in the quiz and assignments

By Madhu S

Mar 25, 2020

I liked this course. Very well paced. All the four instructors were fantastic. I have a few years of experience in CFD, and this course gave a good overview of modeling and simulation of natural processes. For someone with fluid dynamics background, thank you for introducing me to the possibilities of Lattice Boltzmann. I enjoyed it immensely and would highly recommend.

By Prayon J

Oct 30, 2019

This course is very informative, various instructors for various topics makes this course full of knowledge, additionally wide range of scope, from simulating the movement of bacteria to traffic.

Though the fluency of the instructors is not so good but it's understandable, all confusions are cleared from the discussion forums.

By Anastasiia E

Jul 25, 2020

This is a good course and it is not easy. I needed to dedicate to this course more time than to other courses of same length.

I think it is a nice start for learning Python as in the end of the course you will have several clean examples of Python programs which you will be able to refer to in the future whenever you need.

By Rajdeep D

Jul 5, 2020

Great Course, Really great course, bit tough to accomplish but in the end, it pays off. Advice--Focus more on assignments and projects instead of videos. You will learn a lot from them. Avoid other negative comments you are definitely going to learn something after accomplishment.

By Dr. U S B

May 2, 2020

This Course is Excellently dealt. I thank all the Faculty for their painstaking efforts to explain in detail. The Discussion Forum is really another highly valuable mentor. Overall, its a lovely learning experience. I admire the professionalism and detail. Thank You One and All.

By Shreesh K

Aug 6, 2020

Really concise and to-the-point lectures, which encourage you to explore the modelling techniques yourselves. This course widened my viewpoint with regards to scientific computing, and computational physics in particular (my field of interest). Highly recommend.

By Lynn M

Sep 18, 2020

The course covers multiple aspects of simulations and the projects/quizzes are pretty straightforward. The last few weeks are a little rushed and I would have benefited if it had more concrete examples. Overall a good course!

By Ekaterina M

Nov 18, 2017

This course was a perfect match with my expectations! I think it is a perfect introduction to Computer modeling of natural processes. I enjoyed lectures and tasks. Thank you very much!

By Azeddine R

Apr 18, 2018

Excellent course for people who love math, physics and simulations ! I choose it to get an insight on Lattice Boltzmann Method, I was happy to apply it and extend it to other cases.

By Sohail M

Sep 3, 2020

By Bruno V

Jun 18, 2020

Great course. Filled with examples and implementation tips and tricks. Worth it just for the knowledge of new types of simulations.

By Arilton R S M

Jul 28, 2019

I recommend this course to everyone. Thank you cousera, University of Geneva and all professors!

By Grabkowiak A

Jun 19, 2018

This course is very well designed! I find the lessons useful and the evaluation rewarding.

By Eduardo I L H

Nov 12, 2020

Excellent course, I learned a lot about the diferent models for simulating phenomena.

By Tyler L

Jun 18, 2020

Great intro into modelling and simulation. Some excellent demos were provided.

By Girish S

Sep 28, 2019

Extremely good course with excellent python codes for interesting applications

By Septimiu B

Jul 25, 2019

In depth analysis of simulating processes, from mathematics to algorithms.

By Jack1705

Apr 7, 2020

It is a very good introduction on simulation of natural processes.

By Nathalia I C P

Aug 27, 2020

I loved this course, I've learnd so much from the professors

By Yauehni B

Apr 24, 2019

Excellent course for introduction into world of simulation

By Felipe U

May 15, 2019

A really interesting course, and very well explained!

By Yayat N

Aug 24, 2020

one of the quizzes and assignment is too tough

By Juan D D M

Fue un curso agradable, práctico y muy útil.

By Madhav S K N